Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44207 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2013, 02:09:57 am »

Corrupt souls aren't worth much, but I can reward you for them.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2013, 02:17:56 am »

"Well that's something I suppose. Is there anything you can do to free this dwarf? He appears to be trapped..."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2013, 12:46:35 pm »

"Soul isn't for sale. And amended question: anything not evil you can do to free the dwarf? None of this "I can free him from his mortality" crap, something actually helpful."

I glanced at the dwarf, then back at the orb.

"As a matter of fact, let's put a blanket ban on any actions requiring us being sacrificed, children being sacrificed, any loss of our limbs, and/or sale of our souls. Including the dwarf fellow over there."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2013, 03:21:24 pm »

The orb impatiently repeats himself. I already told you, I can dispel the curse on the hovel if you give me something of sentimental value.

The orb roars. Do not test me mortal. I have no obligation to help you or any of your snivelling companions! He seems quite serious.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:04 pm »

"So if you were to magic up a razor, I could shave my mustache for his freedom?"

I wasn't being facetious, mostly, this time. It took a while to get such a properly waxed and styled mustache. If I were willing to have a strange dwarf shave their facial hair, I'd wager mine.

"Not joking about that, Mr. All-Powerful Doom Orb. It took a while to get this magnificent bastard to where it is. It's sentimental to me. I spent more money on it than I'd like to admit."

All-powerful divine orb? I'd make testicle jokes if I wasn't pretty sure the last idiot to find the all-powerful jackass had already pulled that shit...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2013, 03:52:17 pm »

Tali rubs her chin, thinking.

"I reckon the game that orbs playing well enough. See, all I got with me I care for is this lucky coin, right?" She says, plucking a large, brass Dwarf coin hidden between her cleavage. She flips it into the air with a fancy ring, and catches it on the way down.

"Say this here coin means more alot to me, because of what who gave it to me. I'd not want to to give it up for anything. Feller over there in that orb, though, knows most people don't value anything over their own lives.

He's what you call, a nihilist. Doesn't believe people have values or anything that matters beyond their own skin-love, pride, what have ya. At least not when the chips are down. It's...ah, antithetical to his own existence. Nine of ten he's right, and glad to prove it, though I figure he cheats yer wish as best he can. Wish him to make you a sandwich and bang, you're two slices of rye.

I figure he likes to take the small stuff from ya, the stuff that means something. And he's always there, hey? This coin means alot to me, but if I was starving? Busted up bad? Well, it'd mean alot less. A coin for a life isn't anything to that orb there, but it's agony for us-choosing to cut off a bit of your soul, to keep on living. I get the feeling he likes the agony more than the thing itself. And once you give away something that matters, it gets easier to give away everything else. And at the end? Bum deal. I bet the fug who ended up in the Wyrms Belly and left the cursed runeball for us to find, was bellowing and screaming for Mr. Orb to help him, and the feller was just laughing it up something fierce. You never get a good trade from someone that'd rather see you bleed, words to live by.

See now, a true Dwarf would chuck that sucker into the nearest lava pit. Why have the temptation, hey? Screw em and let em burn. From such powers nothing good can come.

But, it's not my orb now. So that's just what I'd do, yeah?"
Tali says, with what passes for Dwarvenly wisdom.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2013, 04:28:05 pm »

The orb chuckles all the way through Tali's speech, then bursts out laughing as soon as it ends. You mortals are incredibly shortsighted! I didn't think such utter stupidity was possible, even by you fool dwarves, living in holes in the ground! He laughs a bit more before finally calming down.

The coin and all of Edwin's hair disappears. It'll have to do. A moment please. While Edwin grabs his face, rubbing the place where his eyebrows used to be and sobbing, the orb begins to dim. After a few minutes its former light returns. The curse is dispelled. From now on don't bother me unless you have something valuable. I promise that you will regret it should you disturb me without good reason. The orb loses all of its colour. When you try calling Balthorne's name he doesn't respond.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Inventory: Balthorne

Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies
---

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Inventory - Squishy Backpack: 15x wurm meat

Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling, Butchering Dabbling
Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger
---

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Inventory: Empty

Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Skilled, Cloth Work Skilled
Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass
Inventory: Bloody Cobblestone

Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Inventory: Roaken, Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff

Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Magicks: N/A

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2013, 05:18:40 pm »

((Looks like we got the Frostmourne of hair now...))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2013, 10:50:26 pm »

Edwin turned to the dwarf, mourning the loss of his hair. "I hope you're happy now. Now I have to escape this place completely bold! Look, even my damn eyebrows are gone!"

A solemn tear runs it's way down his cheek as he rubs his head and sighs before wiping it away and straightening his posture.

"Whatever, it's not like I haven't been bold before. It'll grow back, eventually. Now, why was our dwarf lady here trying to free you anyway? What do you do here exactly?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 31, 2013, 01:40:15 am »

Clair give the now silent orb a look "It gone? good."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2013, 01:56:41 am »

Tali spoke up.

"Cubarks had alot of time locked in there, Ed. He's a Smith, been making stuff forever. Said he'd let us have pick of the lot if we let him out, hey?

Also, bring the meat-the furnace he was using is still warm. Yer haven't lived till ya had Forgecooked Wurm steaks!"
She said, leading the way.

Action: Timer fer lootin' and cookin'
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2013, 01:59:42 am »

"I feel like a good meal would do us all good at this point..." Edwin sighs, rubbing his head forlornly.

Time for some grub!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 31, 2013, 02:06:11 am »

"I feel like a good meal would do us all good at this point..." Edwin sighs, rubbing his head forlornly.

Time for some grub!

Tali raised an eye at the cueball.

"Hey, you know what I was saying about bad wishes and all that....

I sincerely doubt yer ever gonna have hair on yer anywhere again, mate. I mean-the orb prolly just took a lifetime of yer hair right now. Hey, now that's a value for your purchase, right? Real sentimental like."

((OOC: Oh, hey. WHY DID THE ORB STEAL MY COIN. I didn't make any deal. <_<
That's really mean, Guin. Y do u hate me.))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:09:14 am by Dwarmin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:22 am »

Edwin stared at Tali silently for a few moments before speaking again.

"I sure hope not, because that would be a VERY long time. And in any case, if it doesn't grow back naturally, then I can eventually find someone to magically grow it back for me somehow if I really want it back. It might take a few decades, but I will have hair again eventually. If I don't die here first that is."

He shrugged and grunted.

"And if I do wait that long to grow hair back again, I might just get so used to it not being there that I might just not want it back at all. Sorta funny if you think about it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 31, 2013, 04:56:46 am »

"It's not really funny at all." Tali says, laughing paradoxically.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43