Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44200 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2013, 01:27:22 pm »

((Don't worry, I'm sure one of us will do something stupid enough to get ourselves killed. You just need to wait.))

Edwin blinked a few times at the mini-statue before collecting himself, at least partially. "I'm sorry, it's not everyday that you find a walking, talking miniature statue... Who are you? WHAT are you, for that matter?"

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »

You stated that it took twenty minutes to kill the worm

He didn't need to hold his breath for twenty minutes, it didn't take that long for the worm to be killed, thus giving him the chance to escape.

You never prompted Cheesecake to give you a turn, and if I remember right you have done that before.  In fact, you DIDN'T UPDATE until you had everyone's turns EXCEPT Cheesecake's.

I never said he couldn't take an action, everyone including Cheesecake just assumed he was dead, which is what I guessed you would all assume, thus I was skipping his turn without describing what he was going through in order to create this feeling that he was dead, so that it would be a surprise when he emerged unscathed. And I was right.

All of these things made it pretty clear that he was dead.

You did assume he was killed. You did fall for my trick. I didn't save him, he was never in danger (sorta. one more turn and he would've been dead). It wasn't a miracle. I never brought him back from the dead. You're the only one who thinks so.

[I have no idea how this could possibly be made more clear. Every objection you have has been addressed.

The orc didn't instadie upon being eaten, due to biology of a worm and his being a tough orc. He almost died and only lived because other players put forth effort to explain why it was possible to happen. As a good DM, Gun considered this, and decided that because the reasoning was logical and the timing was good, it served the purpose of the story to have the character live.

Now, maybe if he had said "The worm chews up the orc and has magical acid spit" then it'd be a plot-hole deus ex machina for him to be saved. But he didn't. Therefore, shooooooooooooooosh.]

In character:

I suddenly felt a headache, as though someone were arguing with the gods and the gods were getting tired of these shenanigans.

With this much meat, maybe there was something... hm. I decided to look around for worm intestine I could tie into some sort of storage sack.

"Guys, quit talking to the artifacts of doom, and WHAT IN THE GODS NAME IS THAT THING!?"

Amended action: flip the fuck out for a moment at the random voice from nowhere and the whole "speaking to the doom artifact" then rig up intestine sack storage after rationalizing it as "I hate the gods so much."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2013, 01:55:10 pm »

Edwin blinked a few times at the mini-statue before collecting himself, at least partially. "I'm sorry, it's not everyday that you find a walking, talking miniature statue... Who are you? WHAT are you, for that matter?"
The name is Roaken, lad, and I'm enchanted. Heh-heh! Literally and figuratively, so to speak. He gives you a graceful bow, and you can't help but feel slightly more at ease. You shift a bit, disturbing the broken bones lying around you, and set Roaken down on the ground in front of you.

Now then! Thank you. Allow me to explain just what being enchanted means! A mage (fellow by the name of Drys, it was) took the soul of a living orgamism (that would be me) and infused it with an ordinarilily, INanimate object! Namely, this here copper bauble. He points at his chest. I volunteered for this EXperiment, as it was, in order to see if an intelligent being could be enchanted, and retain all of his formal bein'! Well! It worked! Mostly. I was successfully enchanted, and I was perfeckly conscious, and I retained all of my formalily endearin' personal traits and inclimations. HOW-ever! I had lost all me bloomin' previous memories! He shrugs. Who woulda thought? Not me, thats for sure.

SO. In conclu-gee-ons, the wizard continued his trials and treatments until the day he died, at which point he was passed me on to his apprentice, and so on, until I was gived to that elfish feller there and he got a whole blimin' wall dropped on his arse! Now I belong to you! Hell of a story, hey?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:57:09 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2013, 01:58:27 pm »

Amended action: flip the fuck out for a moment at the random voice from nowhere and the whole "speaking to the doom artifact" then rig up intestine sack storage after rationalizing it as "I hate the gods so much."
Oh, you know only Kaltukk can hear the orby thingy talking right?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2013, 02:02:17 pm »

Seems like he's hearing Kaltukk talking to the orb, not the other way round. And statue as random voice.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2013, 02:14:53 pm »

Seems like he's hearing Kaltukk talking to the orb, not the other way round. And statue as random voice.
Ah. Then the statue is a bit far away, but alright. Vlad is adorable with his divine fist shaking. :P

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »

[Exactly what Eotyrannus said. :D]

In-character:

"I swear to the gods I refuse to believe in that if you start calling it precious I'm just going to pre-emptively stab you to death for my own safety..." I muttered as quietly as I possibly could, wallowing in worm guts in a noisy manner.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2013, 03:57:00 pm »

Oh, they have? Fine. Allow me to summon my Orc Horde from my totem. What must I do to bring back my people?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2013, 09:25:51 pm »

The orb is quiet for a moment. You want me to bring back your entire tribe? Is that your wish?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2013, 09:56:40 pm »

Off-T: I'm not going to do this with you griffinpup. Not even in PM.

Of course. You're arguing with me because you want your turn and you're stuck in the middle of the waitlist and its gonna take for ever, and you didn't get that kill that would bring you one step closer, so you start getting all picky and whiny and poking at the little details, and then when everyone said "be quiet, sit down and eat your popcorn," you just kept going. And going. And going. And then when you realised no one was listening to you you took it to PM, so no one else would be able to tell you to quit it. Now you're hiding behind this white knight image, acting like you're doing everyone a favour. Well the fact is you're not, all you're doing is making everyone else uncomfortable.

You already won the argument. But what does it change? What were you hoping to change, I wonder?

You said it yourself. You're BORED. You want your turn. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for it like everyone else.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »

((Dude, the answer to your questions is simple: He's the GM. He can do whatever the hell he want's cause it's HIS game. Deal with it.))

"Huh. I wonder how he got stuck in this place then..." Edwin mutters to himself and he takes a look around for a moment before focusing back on Roaken. "Well Roaken... It appears that we, and a small group of others, are trapped inside this strange dungeon full of monsters and who knows what else. I mean just now, we had to kill a GIANT worm with nothing but a sharp stick, rocks and a broken sword. So, I'm sorry if I'm a bit jittery at times."

Edwin manages to stand up from the bones he was lying in, stepping out of them for good measure.

"So, you're enchanted. What exactly can an enchanted trinket do, aside from surprise the crap out of me?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:59 pm »

Well I can sense other objects that are magical, whether that be inherent (such as a divine artefact) or by enchantment, and point them out, but only non-living things. For example: I would be able to tell if a ring was magical, but not a person. Only people who've had a taste of magic themselves can do that.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2013, 10:43:32 pm »

Edwin nodded, thinking about the sphere he had uncovered earlier.

"Good, good. Can you tell what kind of magic you can see or what it's effects may be? Is there anything else you can do?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2013, 10:45:48 pm »

He shakes his head. Nope! I'm afraid thats it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2013, 12:30:24 am »

"Well, that's better than nothing. If anything, your small size is also a benefit I suppose. Well, let's go look for more stuff that could be useful."

Search for more loot!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43