Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44197 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Eat the Giga Wurm! D:
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2013, 07:43:39 am »

Check the guts for remains and possibly loot. We might get a clue on who put us here.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2013, 08:26:42 am »

Pardon the lack of posting a turn. I had no actions that were different than what I had already said.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2013, 08:47:28 am »

Okay, but I have no way of knowing that, so please don't do it anymore.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2013, 09:16:03 am »

By the time I'd gotten back in sight of the creature to initiate SWORDY MODE, it was too late. Someone smarter than me had ran the damn worm into the wall.

"Where's the... oh."

I shook my head. Eaten. And then, a few moments later, the orc in question emerged from the worm, stinking like a bad drunk. Worse, really.

Okay, so cowardice has virtues of not getting eaten. Heh.

"Good morning!"

I gave him a grin, laughing. Crazy bastard would probably have started eating the worm from the inside out in a few moments. After considering the long Dwarven speech, I kinda shrugged and helped along with the loot autopsy.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2013, 02:14:36 pm »

"Hahaha, I told you to dodge! Now let's see if there's anything still useful in this thing's guts." Edwin happily replied as he hefted his blade.

Slice this sucker open and check out the inside for loot! Also, give Tali a hand with slicing up a bit of meat so we can cook it later.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2013, 09:41:08 pm »

PYW
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »

Seeing as you're loathe to actually kill a player, when will waitlisters expect to play? Also, will these 'miracles' be your go-to when someone acts stupidly and dies, or is this more of a one-time thing, a way for you to play favorites?

I do still love what you're doing.  I just HATE when heroes get to do whatever they want without consequences.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:06:33 pm by griffinpup »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2013, 10:20:02 pm »

I just HATE when heroes get to do whatever they want without consequences.
Remember Dwarmin's explanation? Only because of his RP and Zako's killing the wurm only two turns after the orc was swallowed is Kaltukk still alive. They're being rewarded for good dwarven RP.

I do still love what you're doing.
What do you mean, precisely?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »

You all splash in the wurm's guts for a bit, but none of you find anything worth keeping. Aside from Edwin, who calls you over to look at the small metal object he holds in his hands.

The elf wipes the blood off, revealing a tiny steel sphere with odd runes engraved into it. The runes are painted red, and the artefact itself has a mysterious air to it. Strangely, Edwin and Tali specifically mention that they don't really want to carry it, expressing that it makes them feel uncomfortable. Who should take the creepy sphere?

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Wet
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem, a few tiny rocks
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, Shivered Lance
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Bloody Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Health: Terrified, Panicking
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, several small stones

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2013, 11:01:57 pm »

I raised my hand.

"I volunteer to not carry the artifact of doom."

This being said, I lowered my hand and moonwalked away shuffled backwards. Yes, because the odds were totally in favor of a benevolent artifact taken from the gut of a giant worm in a cursed prison.

Actually, no: I understand this. The gods hate me. Therefore, if I took it, it would prove to be harmful. If someone else takes it, it will either be harmful to everyone or helpful to them. Rule: when in doubt about a magical item, leave it alone.

This being said, I went to also look for wormbits that pass as food. Giant bugs weren't exactly a dish I regularly cooked, but in theory, it was the same as roasting mealworms. Maybe.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:04:13 pm by Ross Vernal »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2013, 11:17:39 pm »

"Well, it looks magical in nature, so it should hopefully do something useful. You lot can decide who get it while I check this place out for anything that we've missed that could be useful. Maybe someone dropped something around in here that we could use?"

Search the hall we're in for both loot and a way out. Make sure to check around near the fallen pillar and underneath it if possible.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2013, 01:11:08 am »

Seeing as you're loathe to actually kill a player, when will waitlisters expect to play? Also, will these 'miracles' be your go-to when someone acts stupidly and dies, or is this more of a one-time thing, a way for you to play favorites?

I do still love what you're doing.  I just HATE when heroes get to do whatever they want without consequences.

(( Please do shut up.

This isn't Steam. You didn't buy the game for $9.99. Guin owes you nothing. He's putting in a lot of effort and being the man on the spot for bunch of people relying on him to update. He runs his game how he likes. I understand your want to play, we've all been there-it's annoying to be in the queue waiting for your turn. But that doesn't excuse rudeness.

And if you'll notice, this game is 90% Roleplaying. And I really did research earthworms digestive systems, so my information actually makes sense.

Why you so entitled? O_o

Anyway, don't expect to waste any more words on this.))
-------

Tali made an arcane gesture with her thumb and forefinger, tracing arcane lines in the air, and hooked it toward the sphere. It was a commoners symbol of evil warding, drawn from her families rune-language, which was unique to all Dwarves. She had learned it as a child, but rarely used it, preferring more crude gesture for her daily use. It's power was dubious, for few Dwarves venerated true Gods. They paid homage to those who had come before...Tali didn't know if her ancestors were watching (probably too busy getting sodding drunk in the afterlife, she thinks), or if they would intercede. She could only rely on her instincts. Which told her not to touch the bloody runeball.

"...Keep that bloody runeball away from me." She rumbles. "There's something bang off about it."

The red-rune stone gave her a slight headache just looking at it. Something about it was off, giving her 'bad vibes'. For her just to admit to feeling a 'vibe' that couldn't be explained, was bad enough.

I raised my hand.

"I volunteer to not carry the artifact of doom."

"A Tallguy with a lick of sense. Quite a sight." Tali says, giving Vlad a favored grin.

In truth, that he had graduated from 'Tallboy' to 'Tallguy' was actually a way of showing fondness.

((@Guin: Hey, did we get any meat? O_o There's got to be something edible in this giant thing...))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:37:06 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2013, 02:00:33 am »

((@Guin: Hey, did we get any meat? O_o There's got to be something edible in this giant thing...))
Yeah, I just overlooked that on the last update. I'll give you guys something in this next turn.

EDIT: I didn't forget your tooth either Cheesecake! Its incoming! ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:03:35 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2013, 02:36:52 am »

"It would be a shame to leave it behind, a-after what we did. I'll hold it."

Get some cloths(rip my clothes if needed, as long as I'm covered in two places, I'm ready for action.) and hold the orb in the bundle.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2013, 03:00:07 am »

Claire tears a ream of cloth from Vlad's shirt and wraps the sphere in it. Kaltukk finishes wringing the last of the body fluids (eugh) from his rags, and in the meantime Vlad picks through the worm guts to find something worth eating with Claire assisting him, using the sharp broken sword and her experience as a butcher to identify and carve up the edible portions into neat, thick slabs of meat. Edwin and Tali wander off to go search for an exit and perhaps some loot, while Kaltukk is left in possession of the rune-covered orb while the others work.

Tali heads over to the end of the chamber opposite the one the group entered through, in search of a way out. She finds two doors, one normal one, and another, much larger one. The others wouldn't be able to fit through the first door. Its strange, you think to yourself: Its the size of a dwarf, but its not of traditional dwarven construction. The door is made of wood rather than stone and it has a knob and hinges. Like all passageways belonging to tall races, its completely indiscreet and begs to be opened.

Edwin walks around the dead wurm and backtracks to the fallen pillar he leapt from. He searches around and finds the remains of a human or elf, partially crushed by the pillar. The legs are trapped beneath the huge pillar, pulverised, and the rest of the body is outstretched on the ground, face up. The poor fellow is long dead, his flesh having rotted entirely away ages ago. You take the tatters that are all that remains of his clothing and pocket them, and at the same time reveal a small chained purse that had fallen into the skeleton's ribcage. He likely kept this around his neck beneath his shirt, and never took it off, even when he was about to die. You take the purse and open it. You find a strange copper statuette inside, no bigger than your index finger, and just as thin. It shines happily and you smile unconsciously. Hullo friend! A loud voice emits from the interior of the purse and you tumble backwards in surprise, landing with a crunch and a shout amongst the dead man's bones. Ho there! Ho, ho! Don't go tramping all abouts my former friend there! The poor sod! You look inside the purse again. Its.. moving! The statuette looks up at you, then clambers out of the purse and onto your arm before you can protest. He places his hands on his knees and looks down the the shattered skeleton. Well now you've gone and put your foot in it. He chuckles and stands up straight, balancing carefully on your shaking arm and facing you. Oh. Don't get all bent up about it though. He's been dead a good while. You're still a little too frightened to say anything, and the small man waits patiently for you to collect your thoughts. It seems like he's used to this.

Kaltukk takes a peek at the strange orb. The runes flash dimly, and then a deep male voice floats into his mind. Greetings. He glances at Claire and Vlad, who are too busy cutting up the wurm to notice anything else. Don't worry, they can't hear us. I'd like to ask you something, if that's perfectly all right with you.

Claire makes 15x wurm meat! How best to carry it though?

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem, a few tiny rocks
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: lucky coin, bloody cobblestone (dry)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: sturdy lockpick, coiled iron chain w/ cuff, several small stones, pieces of cloth
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:36:02 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43