Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44171 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:03 am »

Muster all my strength into my magic punch and smash the wurm with the rocks as hard as I can as it collides with me.

YOLO. Seriously though. Help me, I'm screwed.

((Jump down it's throat and beat it up from the inside!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Defeat the Giga Wurm!
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:54 am »

((Perhaps you should, you know, run? Or maybe you could do this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyk71VRoUE))

"KALTUKK! DOOOOOODGE!!! IT'S TOO BIG!" Edwin shouted at the orc as he rushed forward. He had to try to help!

Get in a flanking position with the others and when it's ignorant of me, jump onto the wurm and slice it open as much as I can!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2013, 12:56:06 am »

...you know, to hell with Rule 1.

I found myself struck with a sudden development of a conscience. Damnit. I couldn't just grab and go. Honor among thieves, perhaps. Either way, it was time to engage HERO MODE. Or at least "Suicidal Benevolent Idiot Mode", which sounded less glamorous but more accurate.

HERO MODE it is, then!

I sighed, smiled, turned right back around, and carefully headed back towards the noises, aiming to come up behind the worm if at all possible. If I'd see it and get in range, I'd just SWORDY MODE the hell out of it.

Why is everything you do a mode now? Oh right, because the gods and I are engaged in a hate-off. Which I will win in the sense that I will die cursing them.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2013, 01:49:02 am »

Muster all my strength into my magic punch and smash the wurm with the rocks as hard as I can as it collides with me.

YOLO. Seriously though. Help me, I'm screwed.

((Jump down it's throat and beat it up from the inside!))

((Perhaps you should, you know, run? Or maybe you could do this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyk71VRoUE))

Alright! Dodge into the wurm and use magic fists to rip him apart from the inside, screaming the war-scream of my people:
"YOLO".

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2013, 02:53:56 am »

((Well... There goes one player...))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2013, 03:00:10 am »

((There's not really much else to do aside from running away, and it seems to outpace us.

I gave thought to pushing the pillars onto the beast due to videogame logic and some maybe hints dropped, but the description states they are 'Massive pillars nearly eight men around'. Which sounds impossible to move.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2013, 03:18:12 am »

((We could use that fallen pillar to jump on top of the beast and do damage from there... It might not be able to reach it's back.))

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2013, 01:02:07 pm »

(( Yolorc's plan is so stupid creative that if I were the worm I would be genuinely taken off guard and would probably have no idea what to do besides flail about hoping to hit you against a rock in my innards or something. You deserve a round of applause. ))
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2013, 01:07:08 pm »

((What I'd do is simple: eat him.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2013, 12:39:13 am »

((Looks like we broke the game :( ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2013, 12:44:50 am »

Nah its fine. I've got the first part of that turn around here somewhere..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2013, 06:01:33 am »

I was wrong! Gotta start all over. Should take me an hour if I don't pass out or get distracted, because there's no way either of those things will happen.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2013, 06:38:40 am »

Dwarmin
You bellow angrily and ram your lance into the wurm's side just as it overtakes Kaltukk. The poor orc probably never even saw it coming, and even as you begin to realise this the wurm lurches backwards, pulling its head free of the wall where he collided with it. You hang on to the embedded lance as the wurm turns to the right, lifting you just off of the ground, and begins sliding away in the direction of Claire. You can see a pillar approaching and, given how tight the squeeze already is, you're positive that if you stay here you'll be crushed or swept off of your new perch. One split-second decision later you find yourself swinging upwards, balancing precariously atop the handhold turned foothold, and leaping atop the writhing body of the wurm just as the pillar snaps the handle of the lance protruding from the wurm to splinters. You struggle to maintain your footing on the uncertain ground as the wurm wriggles its way after Claire.

scapheap
The wurm slams into Kaltukk, gobbling him up in a single gulp before crunching into the wall beyond him due to the sheer amount of uncontrolled speed behind it. The wurm pulls itself out of the wall, leaving a massive crater where its head stuck into it, then it writhes its way around to look at you. You yelp and start sprinting in the opposite direction. You can hear it already starting to gain on you, and Tali is nowhere in sight. She probably got eaten too. :'( You can see the elf jumping and waving at you in the distance, and you decide to head toward him. You try not to cry and do a pretty good job.

Ross Vernal
You head back toward the sounds of screaming and sobbing. You hear a thunderous boom and you can feel the ground shake beneath your feet. Dust rains down from the nearby pillars and not a few rocks fall from the ceiling around you. You shield your head as stones and at least one brick bounce off of your arms, and in the meantime keep on jogging towards the sounds of battle. You're not really cut out for this whole 'hero' schtick.

Cheesecake
You're getting ready to punch the hell out of that wurm when it eats you whole, which kinda puts a damper on the whole 'punch the wurm' plan you had going.

Zako
Everything shakes as you watch the wurm plow through Kaltukk and straight into the wall behind him, probably killing him instantly. You frown as the wurm pulls his head out of the wall, shaking off the effects of the collision and turning towards you. You're a bit frightened at first, but then you see that its after Claire, which doesn't really make you feel much better. Thats when you see the dwarf trying her best to balance atop the wurm. You glance back at the fallen pillar. Yes, it could work. You shout and wave your arms at Claire, trying to get her attention. She sprints towards you as fast as she can, and the wurm is right behind her the whole way.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Eaten by a Wurm
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem, a few tiny rocks
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, Shivered Lance
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Bloody Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Health: Terrified, Panicking
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, several small stones

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2013, 07:12:33 am »

Tali shrugged, bringing out her trusty rock. She looked down at with something like a mother would to a child, and named it 'Shiny'. In her own mind, of course.

Any rumors of her greatly exaggerated death were then quickly dispelled, as her raucous Dwarven laughter echoed out in the confines of the cavern, heard even over the Wurms roaring.

"AHAHAHA! I got yer right where I want ya! Yaahahahaha!"

She thought a moment, and aimed at the handle of the splintered lance after getting a strong grip-thinking very much that she had a rock now named Shiny-something like a hammer, and the spearpoint embedded in the critters hide was much like a nail.

Action: Hang on with one hand, and use my trusty rock to hammer the point of the lance in further to the Wurms body! Also, laugh! Kill the beast, and laugh!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:14:23 am by Dwarmin »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2013, 07:15:07 am »

You stabbed it in the side, then climbed on top of it. Plus the spear kind of broke when the wurm squeezed between the pillars. Does that make sense? :C

EDIT: Oh, you mean lean down and hammer the little nub in further? Yeah, the wurm's pretty slippery and your position is precarious as it is. You can still try though.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:16:44 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43