Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44173 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2013, 04:49:06 am »

Tali bumps Clair in the hip.

"Ey, why so quiet. You scared or something? Hmph." She hmphs.
"I'm a Shepard, talking isn't needed much beyond ordering the sheepdog." she replied "Beside this doesn't seem like the time to talk, but you seem to know better."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2013, 05:18:46 am »

Tali shakes her head. Humans.

"There's a better time, than right now? You really think you're gonna live that long?

You or I or everybody could be dead in five minutes or so. Why not laugh it up, huh? Sing a tune? Tell us about something you wanna live for? Or maybe, someone or something you'd die for? Tell us what's on your mind.

Cause after we're done with this whole mess, it's all cold and dark and quiet, right? Time for rest and silence when you're lying boots up to the stone and the ancestors are singing your praises...until then, fell free to speak up, shout, cry, laugh-whatever. You might not get another chance, hey?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2013, 01:50:40 pm »

"Are you alright?"

Please don't vomit on my boots.

I shuffled back a few steps, then paused.

"Did you hear something?"

I looked about, struck by a sense of irrational paranoia. I'd note any sort of throwable things, and tighten my grip on the sword.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »

Dwarmin
You continue walking with the human girl, who hardly says a word the entire time, to your confusion and annoyance. Is she ill, or are all humans like this? You ask yourself.

You're just beginning to wonder about the question when a cave wurm appears from the darkness just ahead of you. You practically leap in alarm. You've never seen one this big in your life! Usually they only grow to be one or two feet long, but someone must have been feeding this one. You don't even want to think what, and you grab the girl and starting running in the opposite direction.

scapheap
You continue walking with Tali, and the dwarf talks the whole way. She's loud, boisterous, and in your opinion, quite pretentious. As a shepherd, you were never too comfortable with talking to people one-on-one, much preferring to keep to yourself. And with a quiet home in the country, it wasn't too difficult to avoid situations like that. The forced conversation is beginning to wear on your patience, and you're about to set her straight when you notice something. A low rasping sound on the edge of your hearing. You're not quite sure what you heard with the dwarf rambling on, and you try asking her to quiet down but she can't hear you over the sound of her own voice.

You don't have to say anything, however, when the massive wurm melts into view from out of the darkness, barreling directly towards the two of you. You screech in surprise and feel a vicelike grip latch onto your arm as Tali yanks you in the opposite direction, forcing you to run.

Ross Vernal
You're busy watching the orc pick up rocks when you're suddenly struck by an immense feeling of unease. You look around warily and tighten your grip on your sword. You don't see anything right now, but you refuse to let your guard down.

Cheesecake
You try to settle your stomach by gathering some stones, and slowly it begins to put you at ease. You actually feel much better after your short nap, though you're still a bit sore from the fight. You think you should be fine if you just rest a bit more.

Zako
You grab some of the stones that you knocked over and throw one to far to your right. The wurm halts momentarily, then continues his steady advance towards you. Perhaps he can smell? Or does he sense that its a trick? You haven't any time to think about it, as the beast is only twenty or so feet from overtaking you. You spin on your heel and start running, weaving between pillars and moving away from him in a diagonal fashion, so as to maximise the amount of time the creature must waste making turns. You glance over your shoulder, and to your horror, you haven't gained much distance from it. Its much faster than it looks, and remembering the way it struggled at that first turn, you wouldn't have thought this was the same creature as it weaves its way deftly around each corner. Its an experienced predator, and it knows its den well. You stop running and at the same time you hear the wurm halt as well. Listening. Waiting for you to make a move. It obviously wants you to run, as thats the easiest way for it to find you. Your mind races as you try to think of a way out of this, then you hear a familiar voice in the distance.. The dwarf! Tali's booming voice echoes towards you from the direction you came from, and you see the wurm twitch as it hears it as well. The wurm begins sliding away towards the sound, seemingly having forgotten you.

Party
Vlad and Kaltukk see Tali and Claire running, and they're surprised and horrified to see a giant wurm behind them. They're momentarily stunned.

Tali and Claire are terrified, but they still notice their friends standing directly in front of them as they flee from the wurm and shout to warn them.

Edwin can see the wurm but not what it is chasing, though he knows its after Tali and Claire. He still isn't sure if they are aware of its approach. He hears Tali shouting and infers that they know whats going on.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem, a few tiny rocks
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, Shivered Lance
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Bloody Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Health: Terrified, Panicking
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, several small stones

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2013, 06:52:37 pm »

Tali scooted as fast as her feet could carry her...

She tried to recall what else she knew about these wurms, while slowing down as she reached her group-running was fine, but she knew these things relied on tremorsense at the very least. Moving slowly could confuse them for a bit, especially if they couldn't get a target. Killing it would be a whole 'nother problem. She usually used her left boot.

She released Clair and began edging toward the sides of the room, motioning for her allies to do likewise and spread out.

Tali really hoped it wasn't one of those psychi-wurms, that could see living brains like candle flames. Ooh, those were scary...

Action: Evade the beast by moving carefully and quietly! And uh, try to remember pertinent facts about Cave Wurms.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2013, 09:26:42 pm »

(( Still here, watching and waiting, for the record. You're in quite the pickle. ))
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2013, 11:08:49 pm »

[My first instinct was ("MEEP MEEP!" Run the fuck away.)

On second thought...]

It was time to employ the Assassin's Special, I decided, and ran the hell away, in any direction that would take me out of the direct path. This happened to be my right. At the same time, I figured Gee, maybe more darkness would help? and decided to Catch any light that was around to keep running the hell away.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »

Run towards the screams and throw rocks at whatever is making them scream. Also make lots of noise.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2013, 12:24:10 am »

"IT REACTS TO SOUND AND MOVEMENT! SPLIT UP AND TRY TO CONFUSE IT BY GOING IN MULTIPLE DIRECTIONS!" Edwin shouted towards the others as he moved. He was hopeful that his blade could pierce it's hide, but he would have to get close to it first, and without getting too much of it's attention so that it wouldn't go for him.

The seeds of a plan began to grow in his mind...

Close the distance to the others and see if I can find something to climb up on to give me a height advantage on the wurm.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2013, 04:37:29 am »

"Okay!" Go the other way to Tail from the wurm, if the wurm doesn't chase, yell until it does and go quiet, tagteaming with Kaltukk to make it go back and forth.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2013, 05:09:06 pm »

I should have the turn up the day after tomorrow. I'm not home right now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2013, 06:02:02 am »

Dwarmin
You keep running, trying to think of any and everything you know about these creatures. You reach the orc, your brain still collating, and you see that Edwin nowhere to be found. There's no time to think, and the wurm is still bearing down on you! You spring into action, your mind racing as you quickly tell Claire to start circling the wurm, but do it quietly! She nods her understanding and begins edging off to the right, her eyes still trained on the beast as it rushes towards Kaltukk, who, seeing what the two of you are planning, opts to continue drawing its attention. You silently wish him luck and start creeping off to the left.

scapheap
You scream and sob as the wurm barrels towards you and the others. It definitely knows you're here. Tali lets go of you and you watch as it gets closer. She grabs your arm and quickly tells you to circle to the beast's left. I'll go to his right! Maybe we can catch it off guard, but you need to stay quiet! You nod, tears still streaming down your face, and you start moving off around the wurm as it rockets towards Kaltukk, who stalwartly deigns to hold his ground against the beast. You try to control your ragged breathing, but you can't. The fear grips your throat, strangling you, and you let out another subdued cry of anguish. You wish you were back in the hills, nursing your lambs and lying on the warm grass. But you're not in the hills. You dry your tears and draw your focus back.

Ross Vernal
You see Tali and Claire bearing down on you with a giant rock wurm hot on their tails.

Great. How are you gonna get out of this one jackass?
Shut up, I'm thinking.
Right, while you're thinking I'm dying! Hurry the hell up!

You put the internal dialogue on hold long enough to start running at an angle away from the door in an effort to get as far away from that monster as you can. Your body instinctively begins absorbing as much light as it can in order to disguise itself, and you do your best to consciously encourage this behaviour. You think you're getting better at controlling this ability of yours.

You run for a little less than a minute before skidding to a halt and ducking behind one of the nearby pillars. You peer out, but you can't see much of anything in this darkness. You can hear the sounds of running and yelling from the direction you came from.

Cheesecake
You see Tali and Claire's arrival. They slide to a stop next to you and then start sneaking away in either direction, trying to circle the wurm. Understanding what they mean to do, you begin throwing rocks at the monster pursuing them. Thats when you actually see the thing. Holy shit. You start throwing the rocks a little faster. They just bounce off of the wurm's skin, and the beast continue to make its way closer. Its moments away from it being upon you, and you being inside of it.

Zako
You shout this information to the others, but you're not quite sure if they heard it. Even so, they've likely figured it out by now. Or they're dead. You shake the thought from your head and move towards the noise. You keep an eye out for some high ground, and you actually find some, a fallen pillar, about six or seven feet high. You note its location and keep moving. Being adept at moving in the dark, you quickly find the others. They seem to be trying to surround the wurm. Its currently bearing down on the orc, and he's moments away from a gruesome death.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem, a few tiny rocks
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, Shivered Lance
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Bloody Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Health: Terrified, Panicking
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, several small stones

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2013, 07:10:02 am »

Tali wasn't terribly sure what to do aside from stabbing it with her broken spear. Even if they fled it could outrun...er, outslide them and eat everyone up, one by one. She didn't exactly want to take part in that sort 'I don't have to outrun the wurm, only you' sort of race with her companions.

That being said, her Dwarven pride wouldn't allow her to become a light snack, without drawing some blood first.

At the moment, it was more interested in Orc-so now was the time to strike!

Action: Look for a chink in the worms hide-then get a running start and leaping jab the beast with my spear!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2013, 08:16:54 am »

Muster all my strength into my magic punch and smash the wurm with the rocks as hard as I can as it collides with me.

YOLO. Seriously though. Help me, I'm screwed.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Defeat the Giga Wurm!
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2013, 08:18:40 am »

Repel the beast, into a wall as well
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43