Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44133 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »

((@Scap: Just break it's hands off you in a wristlock. I'll use my rock to smash it's face.))
((Sound like a plan))

Break away from the rotting corpse.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2013, 10:12:15 pm »

"Guys, I suggest we employ the famed Assassin's Special."

I backed away from the corpse, winding up for another strike.

"Run."
So wait, are you running or fighting? It looks like you want to attack again, and that you only suggested running.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2013, 10:21:00 pm »

Just suggesting running away for now. He's trying to see if anyone else supports this plan, because he doesn't want to piss off his new best friends by running away first.

(If you're breaking out of a mysterious dungeon, anyone on your side is automatically your new best friend.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2013, 10:32:19 pm »

Just suggesting running away for now.
Gotcha.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2013, 12:04:32 am »

Party
Vlad grits his teeth and brings his sap around in an overhead strike, destroying whats left of the corpse's head with a wet crunch. The sap is soaked with rotting guts, and Vlad abandons it as the corpse continues forward. He panics at first at the creature's seemingly unstoppable advance, then it occurs to him that it can no longer see. He takes a single step to his left and the corpse shuffles past him unmindfully.

Edwin shouts a warning, and Tali glances behind her at the dead warrior shambling towards her from behind. She retreats, climbing off of the corpse and giving it a passing kick in its soft ribs before rushing over to help Clair. She's too busy keeping the corpse's gnashing jaws from clamping down on her exposed leg to try and free herself from its iron grip, but Tali remedies this by bashing its face completely in using her brick. Together they pry the corpse's hands from Clair's legs so that she can get away.

Edwin runs towards the corpse he warned the dwarf of, coiling his chain as he goes, then slams into the dead man with his shoulder, driving him roughly to the ground. He dodges the corpse's swinging arms and deftly throws the chains around them, entangling the corpse. The elf takes advantage of the monster's further reduced mobility by planting his heel on his forehead to prevent him from rising, and then clapping both of the creature's thin wrists into the cuff before wrapping the chains more tightly and securing his limbs to his chest.

Kaltukk fights hard against the struggling undead, but simply can't stand against the creature's limitless stamina, despite his great strength. He glances at the grey skin coating the creature's arms, then steels his mind and his stomach for what he's about to do. The orc bares his teeth and clamps down on the corpse's right wrist, his powerful jaw muscles turning the rotting flesh to mush and the bones to dust. Ignoring the taste, he clenches his now free right hand into a fist and pounds it into the corpse's head until it bursts, spilling shattered shards of skull and grey matter onto the ground and staining the wall behind. Kaltukk throws the corpse aside and staggers backwards, wiping his mouth. He manages one last defiant howl at the headless corpse before slipping to the ground himself, his last reserves of will having been spent.

---

Everyone regroups just outside the room, breathing hard after the fight, and mighty Kaltukk borne in Vlad and Edwin's arms. They set him carefully upon the stones and Clair leans close, her ear to his chest. She stands and addresses the group. He's fine, just overextended himself a bit back there. Edwin looks over her shoulder at the softly breathing orc. And its no wonder he did. I'm famished right now, but something as large as him must be practically starving. Tali places her hands on her hips, bringing everyone back to the matter at hand. So the orc is fine, thats very well, but what of them? She gestures towards the corpses in the next room, bumping dumbly into walls and writhing slowly on the ground. Simple. Everyone turns towards Vlad. He meets their blank stares with a shrug and a wry grin. Strip 'em.

The last pieces of equipment stolen from the living corpses clatters into the small pile formed off to one side:
Sturdy Footman's Helm (2x) - an iron cap padded with soft leather, has a small nose guard; protects the top of the head
Dull Iron Bastard Sword - a thick, heavy blade with a dull but smooth surface; no better than a club in its current state
Busted Leather Cuirass - one strap is damaged, and it can't be properly worn until it is mended; protects the torso
Shivered Iron Lance - the upper half of a warrior's spear, the tip is made of iron and sharpened to a fine point
Small Iron Buckler - a tiny, round circle of metal meant for parrying blows; attaches to the forearm
Rotten Leather Boots (6x) - leather boots; the material is worn and falling apart
Shattered Iron Shortsword - a broken iron sword; the slightly less than half a foot long blade ends in a jagged point

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Unconscious
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:38:26 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2013, 12:32:40 am »

"HYAAAAAAH!" I hissed through my teeth, braining the abomination with all of my might. I felt his head smash like a melon, and grinned before noticing the sap had gotten... well, nasty.

Okay, NOT gonna carry this around. Even I can smell it.

I dropped the thing and noticed the zombie continuing on towards me. For a moment, I panicked, wondering how in the hell we would evade these things.

Evade them, possibly? If he can't see you - is it a he? - then he can't follow you.

I stepped out of the way, raising my dukes in case I had to punch the rotted little bastard. It shuffled past me, and I smirked, looking around the room. Everyone else had handled it, even the orc, who had a braver palate than I would ever aspire to.  Taking a deep breath, I nodded to the elf and indicated the orc. I'd wait for him to get braced as I slid an arm under the orc's arm, trying hard to not think about the orc-stank I'd be picking up, and took another deep breath.

"On three. One, two, THREE!"

Good gods, our favorite orc needs to go on a bloody diet!

He's fine, just overextended himself a bit back there.

And its no wonder he did. I'm famished right now, but something as large as him must be practically starving.

I watched the dwarf girl - Tali, was it? - take command of our little group again and ask a pertinent question,

So the orc is fine, thats very well, but what of them?

Good question. And the answer, my dear, is patently obvious.

I smirked.

"Simple." Everyone stared at me for a moment, and still grinning, I shrugged. "Strip 'em."

It didn't take a whole lot of time for us to steal the corpses blind, although I certainly did wish that I'd had a cloth to place over my face. Had I a shirt remaining, I would have improvised one; lacking it, I just sighed, cursed the gods, and kept my mouth shut, hoping to avoid the rot-fluid from getting on my face. After a brief moment to make a pile of goods, I surveyed the selection.

"Now, I'm normally one for faster swords, but I certainly know how to use one. If nobody has any objections, I'll be taking this," - I took the bastard sword and checked the balance, reassured by cold iron in my hands - "and one of those helmets? And I think we should all try those shoes on. Better than nothing... though not by much."

I surveyed the equipment disdainfully, then tossed a helm in the air idly catching it with one hand.

"Oh, and anything you dear, lovely best friends of mine don't want? I'll take. Secret assassin technique number two: if it looks like it can be used as a weapon, it is a weapon."

I specifically eyed the broken sword, figuring I could maybe wrap some fabric around the broken part to have an improvised shiv to accompany the oversized, dulled weapon I held, then made eye contact with everyone.

This had better not mean I'm the ideas guy, because I'm running out of good ideas quickly.

After this, I'd survey the room, and possibly equip whatever I was allowed to take.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2013, 12:34:44 am »

((I'm so happy that worked! Take that, you undead monster!))

Edwin takes a look over the stolen gear and shakes his head sadly.

"Well, it's better than what we currently have, which is a whole lot of nothing. I'll take this, since it's as close to a dagger as we can currently get, and I don't do well with larger weapons."

And with that Edwin picks up the broken shortsword, intending to use it as a dagger.

"Now, maybe there's something useful around here?"

He then promptly walks over to the undead trapped by his chain, cuts off it's hands and head with his impromptu dagger, unlocks and coils the chain up for future use and inspects the area closely.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:10:50 am by Zako »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2013, 12:36:45 am »

I specifically eyed the broken sword, figuring I could maybe wrap some fabric around the broken part to have an improvised shiv to accompany the oversized, dulled weapon I held, then made eye contact with everyone.
It still has a handle, its just the blade itself thats busted.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2013, 12:41:52 am »

[Ah. I thought it was broken the other way for some reason. No big, as it's been dibbed.]

I watched the elf take up the dagger, and nodded.

Hey, if he knows how to use it, he's welcome to it. Big ol' weapon like this, I might just need both hands anyway.

"Watch yourself, friend..." I warned him, feeling a sudden sense of solidarity with him.  Maybe elves weren't so bad. "...you're much better company while alive."

I let out a short, cynical laugh. This would normally be where I said "and may the Gods be with you", but... yeah, no.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2013, 12:44:24 am »

...sneaks through the door the undead came through.
Oh, you fought them inside the room. You guys dragged Kaltukk into the hall and let the zombies wander around in there while you stole their stuff, and right now you've got all the gear piled up in the hall next to Kaltukk where you can look the stuff over in relative safety. You should still look around inside though, since it was dark and you were all really busy fighting to really look around. Plus, hint: you can't kill these undead.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2013, 12:46:16 am »

I'm leaving and won't be back until next monday, then I'll probably check in before I possibly leave on a second trip. I'll be around for a few more minutes though, and perhaps again in a few hours when I get up to leave.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2013, 12:47:44 am »

Well, have fun! You'll be missed.

Also, how long until Kaltukk awakens?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2013, 01:05:31 am »

Also, how long until Kaltukk awakens?
Dunno. Slap him or something. You'll probably have to carry him for a bit, or you could just leave him. Whatever you think is best.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2013, 01:11:15 am »

Ah ok, I've edited my actions then. Thanks!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2013, 01:23:37 am »

Sure thing! I'll see you guys early next week then! Bye! :D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43