Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44127 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »

"You be correct. So what your names? My Clair Redfield." 'Be polite' my father alway said.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »

"Weeping Allfather, how deep are we?" Tali asks out loud.

For, when a Dwarf remarks at the depth of the dungeon you occupy, not much else needs to be said.

She had been 200 marks below the surface, herself. Most of the deeper Fortress were about 150.

This was like...500 marks? 1000?

"You be correct. So what your names? My Clair Redfield." 'Be polite' my father alway said.

"Eh, my names Tali Bluestone.

I guess the Gods have a sense of poetic irony."
She said, eyeballing the redheaded hume.

"Anyway, are we sure we should open this door, fellows? If it was a Dwarf who made this, this'd be called a 'hole'-a dead end high security cell for tougher than usual prisoners who deserved that special care and attention. Then again, ain't nothing here has a damn lick of quality anyway. Gotta keep prisoners herded on one side if they flushed out the cellblocks in some sort of escape attempt...someone should outta check it for 'surprises', I think.

We either open it, or go back, either one-we need to decide."

Action: Investigate the door closely. Has anyone tried to force it open before that I can see? Is there an easier way to open it?

Help the group pry it open if enough people participate.

OOC: Also, maybe it wasn't apparent Guin but Tali is carrying a heavy brick from her cell as a weapon.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2013, 03:13:37 pm »

Action: Investigate the door closely. Has anyone tried to force it open before that I can see? Is there an easier way to open it?

Help the group pry it open if enough people participate.

OOC: Also, maybe it wasn't apparent Guin but Tali is carrying a heavy brick from her cell as a weapon.
The door is made of wood reinforced with bands of metal. The lumber is thick and hard there are no gaps between the individual timbers, and the door itself is held shut by two large iron bars with handles on them for one to pull to either side in order to open it. The door is completely intact, and well maintained by the looks of it, unlike the rest of this place.

You were carrying the brick in my head, I just forgot to put it in your inventory. Fixed.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »

Hail Softwoman. Take prisoner clothes off (or if I don't ask for cloth from others)  and use it to wrap my cuts.

OOC: How do we regain health/fatigue?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2013, 05:43:31 pm »

OOC: How do we regain health/fatigue?
For healing you just treat the wound and wait a few turns. Treating is just that. Wrap up the cuts and you'll be fine. Minor wounds are unlikely to have penalties, though a second blow to an area that is already wounded is more likely to cause you lasting damage. Most minor wounds will go away once they've been treated. For example your cuts. Once you wrap them, they no longer affect your health. More serious wounds require you to rest. If your gut was slashed open and your friends managed to stop you from bleeding out I'd most likely give you about ten turns till you could stand again. Fewer if someone used a salve or some sort of remedy to speed it up.

To recover fatigue you can either wait (slow) or eat something to regain your strength. You were tired before, but now you're just weary, which isn't as bad. You guys won't have to sleep but you will have to take breaks every once in a while, you can't expect to run through three or four fights and not be exhausted, and you (probably) won't get hungry. Fatigue recovers pretty quick, and you actually have a lot of stamina, its just all the effort of ripping those chains out plus using magic while doing so was draining, especially since you're only a novice in controlling the power. Using magic while exhausted can have dire consequences.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2013, 03:58:38 am »

Still need Ross' turn. I already PM'd him.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2013, 02:05:10 pm »

Or maybe I'll tell you about my 52nd birthday party to pass the time. Spoiler-It involves drunkenness, nudity, and giant cave slugs and the wrestling thereof..."[/color]

I was starting to really like this dwarf.

"I could stand to hear a little more..."

I guess I was the only one, because no tales of drunken nudity flowed forth. Bah.

Upon coming to the door, I'd nod at her words, and then glance at the Orc. Between his fists and my... rocks, and the Brick Of Dwarvenly Smiting, we were screwed.

"So I'm not an architect or a dwarf, but my superb sense of the gods hating me suggests that this crank and that door are related. Any objections?"

Ready the sap and crank the crank.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2013, 02:39:15 am »

"So I'm not an architect or a dwarf, but my superb sense of the gods hating me suggests that this crank and that door are related. Any objections?"

"Nah, I'd just as soon see what's on the other side. And-if the Gods really do hate you friend, they'd probably keep you alive longer than any of us to prolong your torment.

So in a way, think of yourself as completely invulnerable-as long as you're suffering terribly."
Tali comments with a wry smile.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2013, 02:44:08 am »

"You know, I hadn't thought about it like that before."

For the first time, I was slightly less than optimistic about living further. On the other hand, being alive was infinitely preferable to the alternative. Besides, the gods could not possibly hate me more than I hate them.

"I'll try to not tempt fate too much, though," I added wryly, grinning. "Deriving hubris from suffering is not my thing. I think."

I hope.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »

Cheesecake
You tear some cloth from Vlad's shirt and use it to wrap your hands. The bleeding quickly staunches, and your hands should be fine as long as you don't remove the bandages.

You wait for Tali and Clair to move the first bar aside, then pull the second one aside with minimal effort.

Ross Vernal
You heft the sap in both of your hands as the others work to remove the bars. Your heart pounds in anticipation of a fight, and you struggle to keep yourself calm. You're used to working from behind the scenes, something that always appealed to your nature, and this whole experience is quite jarring to you, having to band together with a bunch of strangers in order to survive. You're mostly annoyed at being prevented from your preferences, but you find that helping others isn't quite so bad either. You might even learn to enjoy it. You clear your throat and idly scratch your nose with one finger. Unlikely.

scapheap
You notice Tali struggling with the first bar and you move to help her with it. You place you hands on one side of the handle protruding from the middle of the bar, and press against it with all your strength while Tali pulls against it from the opposite side. The bar jerks once, then slides smoothly out of place. You lean against a nearby wall and take a break while Kaltukk yanks the second bar aside by himself.

Dwarmin
You seize one of the bars, the one nearest the ground, and heave. Clair moves to assist you, and the bar jerks as your strength overcomes its weight, then slides off to one side with a low grinding noise. Kaltukk pushes the other aside on his own, and Vlad stands by with his sap, prepared to face whatever might come through the door.

Zako
You check the six cells closest to the door, pulling each slat open in turn and find them all eerily empty, the chains lying opened on the floor. You could keep going, but the group appears to be preparing to open the door and you decide to head back and rejoin them.

Party
Kaltukk gives the door a mighty shove, and it eases open with a roaring groan. The room is pitch dark, entirely unlit, and you can hear a subdued shuffling noise as something dry is dragged across the stone floor. You all gaze into the gloom, and from is emerges a half a dozen rotting corpses. They shamble forward, swinging dull and shattered weapons clumsily in their sagging limbs.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Weary
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Crude Sap (shirt with rocks in it)
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Chain and Cuff
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:04:32 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2013, 03:54:41 pm »

Clair give the undead a look "Oh lord."

Move to the side of the party and attack a flanker.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2013, 04:46:16 pm »

Tali laughs boomingly, wading toward the mob fearlessly with brick in hand.

In truth, she was truly glad to have something to kill-something to take the edge off of her mounting aggression.

"Ugly bastards, ain't they? Let's bash em to pieces, lads!"

She popped up beside Vlad.

"You go high, I go low. I'll watch your legs, you watch my head, ey." She said in a conversational command.

Action: Attack the same target Vlad does-Brick to undead kneecaps! Finish off ones that are down but still alive with head stomps-make sure no crawling zombies attack Vlad.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2013, 04:51:51 pm »

Charge head first into the middle of the undead and use my magic to reinforce my blows.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »

Waiting on Ross and Zako.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2013, 09:40:52 pm »

"Righto."

Not exactly a rousing battle cry, but hey.

I started to swing the sap, picking the closest target.

Apply sap to skulls, work with Tali, avoid getting bitten. Also keep an eye out for any party member in danger to call ut warnings.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43