Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44091 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2013, 02:21:57 am »

Cheesecake
Your fury still kindled, you try to slow yourself down for a moment. The human gazes at you with honest eyes, and, making your decision, you wordlessly offer your hand through the small slat in the cell. He raises his eyebrows in surprise, then takes your hand in his, shaking it firmly. You pull it back through and lean closer to the slat. Then, expectantly. You have a plan then human? He half-grins, his teeth bright white in the stained and grey background. Hell, you're practically out already. He holds up a lockpick and disappears from view. You press your face to the slat, straining your eyes to see what he's doing. You hear him curse under his breath as he works, then aloud as you hear something snap. He spins around, tossing his broken pick down the hallway and running his hands through his hair in frustration. Your heart sinks as the elf steps forward to console him, when suddenly he notices the human staring at something. You see it too. A small face watching the three of you with careful eyes. A muffled voice echoes from behind the metal door. Hullo there Tallboy. Would you be so kind as to let me out? A woman! You assume she's talking about the human, and apparently so does he, for he opens his mouth to speak when suddenly the elf quips. I'd be glad to Tree Stump. Not the best insult, you would say, but he makes up for it by opening the door to her cell in half the time it took the human to break yours, and the man stands off to one side, sulking.

She looks up at her releaser as the cell door creaks open, bowing humorously, then walks out into the hall and inspects the lock to your door. She starts jawing about architecture or something similar, and by the time you've begun paying attention again she's already punched the entire lock out of the door. You push the door open and look fully upon your rescuer. You snort derisively. Some trick. Only a dwarf would think to leave a weakness in the open like that. You click your teeth together. Right where you'd least expect it. She holds up a small metal pin definitively. Dwarven ingenuity.

Ross Vernal
You look at the orc, and he looks back. Without a word he pushes his massive arm through the slat and offers his hand. You take it in yours and he squeezes it hard. You take your hand back and the orc bares his teeth in what you think is a thoughtful expression. You have a plan then human? You give him a half-smile and hold up your lockpick. Hell, you're practically out already. You go down on one knee and insert the pick in the lock. You can already feel that this one is going to be harder than the cuffs, and you frown in concentration as you work to release the orc. Your fingers start to grow tired and you try to force it, turning the pick the wrong direction. It snaps in your hands and you stare at the small piece of metal, bewildered. You turn and throw the broken pick as far as you can down the dark hall with an angry grunt. The elf steps forward with a consoling expression on his face and you turn towards him. You stop cursing as your eyes fall upon a small face peering at you from the cell on the other side of the hall. Hullo there Tallboy. Would you be so kind as to let me out? You're just about to tell her that its not quite possible when the elf steps forward. I'd be glad to Tree Stump. You're surprised when he takes out his own lockpick and moves over to the cell door, easing it open after only a few seconds work. You remain speechless as the young woman dwarf bows sarcastically and steps into the hall.

She motions towards the opposite cell. If my eyes haven't failed me after sitting in this damn hole for an age and a half, that lock is of dwarven make. Even Longears over here wouldn't have been able to get it open. You open your mouth to speak and she holds up a hand. Luckily, there's a rather simple way to get around all that. A failsafe, you might say. She steps around you and walks over to the door. You watch carefully as she produces a metal pin, just thin enough to fit through the keyhole, and inserts it into the lock. She brandishes a small stone brick that she already had, and strikes the end of the pin as hard as she can. The pin punches through the lock with a metallic thunk. She grabs the pin and twists it out, and the orc pushes the door open. He nods approvingly, ducking out of his cell. Some trick. Only a dwarf would think to leave a weakness in the open like that. Right where you'd least expect it. She grins and holds up the pin. Dwarven ingenuity.

scapheap
You move between the cells, trying each door in turn, but none of them budge. You slap yourself in the forehead. Of course they're locked! Its a prison for God's sake! I just need to calm down and think this through.. You pace a bit, touching one wall, then the other, glancing at the ceiling or gazing down the hall occasionally.

Dwarmin
The human swears, pivoting on one foot and tossing his broken pick in one motion. You watch as he turns, tearing at his hair in anger. His eyes fall upon you and his hands drop back to his sides. Hullo there Tallboy. Would you be so kind as to let me out? The pointy-eared one steps forward before the human can say anything.

A few moments later you're standing outside of your cell, saving the orc. He isn't too happy, in fact he's downright ungrateful. You shrug mentally. Not everyone can have a heart of gold like you do.

Zako
You watch as the human tries to reason with the orc. He considers the man's words, then outstretches his hand. The human accepts it, and you're prepared for the worst. Orcs can be unpredictably violent at the best of times, and the small man wouldn't stand half a chance in hell of making it out with his arm in more than five pieces if the he decided to pull it through the slat and start chewing, but the orc doesn't do any of that. He simply shakes the man's hand, and the human immediately sets to freeing the orc. You shake your head. Humans can be so trusting. The man rests on one knee, working at the lock. He seems just about to spring it when in a stroke of misfortune, his lockpick snaps. He stands, cursing the small piece of metal and hurling it into the darkness. You step towards him, about to explain that you have your own pick, when you notice he's staring at something behind you. You spin around and, oh sod it, a dwarf stands behind the cell door, peering at you through the tiny slat in the door. She addresses the human. Hullo there Tallboy. Would you be so kind as to let me out? You step forward. I'd be glad to Tree Stump. Not your best line, but then you weren't expecting to see a dwarf getting trapped in a structure as decrepit and run-down as this. You take out your pick and, after a bit of work, open the door. The dwarf bows sarcastically and you almost roll your eyes at the display.

A few moments later she lets the orc out. You scratch your arm uncomfortably and wish you were back at home.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Tired, cut hands
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Items: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Bruised finger
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Items: Crude Sap (shirt with rocks in it)
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Items: None.
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Items: Lucky Coin

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Items: Sturdy Lockpick

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2013, 02:31:25 am »

Sorry about how short your turn is Dwarmin, I did it last and by that time I was getting a bit burnt out. :P Everybody should probably read everyone else's turns anyhow to get the whole story.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2013, 02:56:20 am »

Okay, it be best to find a guard room, they are never locked less a prison break happen and all the doors are lock so there hasn't be one. Find a guard room.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2013, 03:00:28 am »

God damn it 504 Gateway Timeout!! >:C
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:03:53 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2013, 03:19:20 am »

Tali Bluestone (The Dwarf) turns to her group. A lousy bunch, to be sure...but maybe good enough to get out of this place.

"Ah, my name is Tali Bluestone. Nice to meet you all, horrible timing though. Lets get moving before someone comes along to throw us back in our cells.

Now can we all agree we're friends-at least, until we find motherless dogs what locked us in here on our way out, and remove a body part of our choosing from them?

Good? I call kneecaps..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2013, 03:52:13 am »

When the orc offered his hand, I took it, giving as firm of a handshake as I could, and listened to the orc ask what the plan was. I simply smiled and held up my lockpick.

"Hell, you're practically out already."

I went down on one knee as though I were proposing to the door, and slid my tool into the-

Second note to self: if - no, when I escape, hire ALL the whores. Third note, never refer to lockpicking as "sliding your tool" ever again.

Putting aside my snarky, confidence-restoring thoughts, I closed my eyes and quietly hummed off-key, testing the tumblers. This was going to be a pain in the ass, and after several minutes of cursing at whichever son or daughter of a bitch had stuffed us in this dank vile pit, I could have sworn I heard the orc snorting at me. I coughed, then shook my head. No, I had this, it was almost done

I'd like to see YOU pick a lock, big and ugly mother-

I applied torsion, and the pick just snapped off.

"...fucker."

I just dumbly stared at the pick for a few moments.

Alright, now destiny is just screwing with me. That is literally the only possible rational explanation for the circumstances in which I presently find myself. I am Vlad Lamora, and I am the god's bitch.

I flung the broken hunk of crap with all of my strength, whatever dire threats to the current rulers of all of the heavens I was about to scream all mingled together to turn into the biggest disgruntle I had ever made before in my life. As I watched my best chance of not being eaten by an orc fly off into the distance, I began to curse the gods with all manner of frothing, incoherent blasphemies. The elf turned towards me and then, surprise of surprises, there was a dwarf in another cell.

So an elf, a dwarf, an orc, and a human are locked in a prison... I'm sure there's a joke somewhere in here, and that whatever it is, it's on us. Or me, but passing responsibility onto other people is in my job description.

"Hullo there Tallboy. Would you be so kind as to let me out?"

...I think I understand the joke more. Definitely on me.

I raised my eyebrows, but before I could say anything, the damn elf stepped in and set her free.

Oh, hell no. I hate the gods I hate the gods I hate the gods.

I kept chanting this in my head as the dwarven lady stepped free, bowed, and spoke again.

"If my eyes haven't failed me after sitting in this damn hole for an age and a half, that lock is of dwarven make. Even Longears over here wouldn't have been able to get it open." I resented that, and started to point out that I had nearly gotten the lock, but she raised her hand and cut me off. Luckily, there's a rather simple way to get around all that. "A failsafe, you might say?"

Aren't elves supposed to be the smug ones?

And just like that, she punched the lock out, opened the door, and waved the broken pin around.

"Dwarven ingenuity."

Sure, let's... call it that. Also: hatethegodshatethegodshatethegodshatethegodshatethegodshatethegodshatethegods-

"Ah, my name is Tali Bluestone. Nice to meet you all, horrible timing though. Lets get moving before someone comes along to throw us back in our cells. Now can we all agree we're friends-at least, until we find motherless dogs what locked us in here on our way out, and remove a body part of our choosing from them?"

-against my better instincts, I like her.

"Good? I call kneecaps..."

"Vlad. And I believe I will settle for nothing else than their lives. Slowly. Over a fire."

I nodded at the group, then looked for a way out. Right after finding it, I'd point it out and go towards the anywhere but where I was.

[I accidentally a wall of text, sorry!

Also, yes, Vlad is a mixture of scared and 1000% done. Snarky thoughts are his way of trying to feeling better,]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:03:29 am by Ross Vernal »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2013, 04:09:42 am »

[I accidentally a wall of text, sorry!]
I wouldn't have it any other way Ross.

And 'find a way out'? Well there's left.. Or there's right.. Both are halls that you can't see the end of, so..
Flip a coin? Argue the point? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe? Hell, I don't know. Its up to you really.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2013, 04:11:54 am »

When in doubt, head left.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2013, 04:13:31 am »

Facing the dorf's cell, or the orc's?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2013, 04:18:39 am »

Left as in the direction the lockpick was thrown. Presumably, in the direction of Kaltukk?

On that note, pick up the broken lockpick and contemplate causing horrible eye trauma on the person who put is here.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2013, 06:50:02 am »

Kaltukk feels disgruntled that a dwarf released him. A dwarf! He's not sure if he's feeling ashamed or grateful, but he does feel free...well, more free than in that cell. He turns to the dwarf, clenches his fist and holds it up to his heart.

"Thank you, Stonewoman," he says, through clenched teeth. "I am Kaltukk of the Killheart Horde. By freeing me, I am bound to repay you. As for the wretches that captured us, I will use their bones from their flesh, then use it to beat them to a pulp!"

Kaltukk then goes with the Softman who attempted to free him and look for a way out. If it's another locked door, reinforce my fists and punch it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2013, 07:13:05 am »

The group began to sway leftwards in slow motion, so Tali joined them.

One way was good as any other.

Kaltukk feels disgruntled that a dwarf released him. A dwarf! He's not sure if he's feeling ashamed or grateful, but he does feel free...well, more free than in that cell. He turns to the dwarf, clenches his fist and holds it up to his heart.

"Thank you, Stonewoman," he says, through clenched teeth. "I am Kaltukk of the Killheart Horde. By freeing me, I am bound to repay you. As for the wretches that captured us, I will use their bones from their flesh, then use it to beat them to a pulp!"

Kaltukk then goes with the Softman who attempted to free him and look for a way out. If it's another locked door, reinforce my fists and punch it.

"Ey, my people call that an 'iron debt'. One that can only be repaid through force of action on their behalf. Suppose it's about the same thing. Don't get your brow in a knot, Greenskin. If we both live through this, we'll have owed and paid each off more than once.

...also, Killhearts? We whooped you in the battle of Green Farthing River 1082, my da was there. Old family story. He always said you gave a good fight, but your general was a damn fool. Wasted alot of lives with that charge at the end, cost you the battle. But hey-win some, lose some right? You certainly paid us back at Blackbridge 1064..."
She commented idly, her Dwarven mind recalling facts with accuracy.

She spoke to pass the time, building a map in her mind of where they had gone and where they were going. Tali had never gotten lost.

She spoke rapid pace, in business chatter. It mirrored her mood.

"But hey, let's keep the personal introductions short. Are the mess of you good for anything, but tripping me with your outstretched hands when you die?

Tallboy over here has proven he can jiggle a door handle, and look incognito doing it, so he gets a pass. *Thumb point to Vlad*

Me, I'm a crackshot with a spear, and an explorer, a guide of sorts. I can lead you damn near anywhere without getting lost-and I've studied a fair amount of herblore-both aboveground plants and belowground. Bet you lot would be arsed to the nine Hells if you saw a Pink Helmet Cap. It'll horribly kill ya ten ways to Sumday if you eat it raw, but if ya ken boil the poison out through a cloth strainer, it tastes crunchy, nice and sweet. Good for a long walk, lots of energy. Goes really great with fried bat wings, and a mugga beer.

Oh yeah, I can see much better in the dark than you fumblers. I'll try and warn ya afore you get a stumble in and get a pit of pointy spikes up the arse, unless you pissed me off, then I might not."
She comments, laughter echoing in the prison.

Action: Head left! Tally ho! Lead the group forward and start building a mental map with my navigation sense! Make general Dwarf snark!

Also, try to use my sense to figure out some thing-like, if we're heading upwards or down and how deep in the groundwe exactly are.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2013, 08:44:16 am »

Edwin takes a moment to look over both the dwarf and the orc, making sure to remember the look of the dwarven made lock and the way the dwarf handled it, and sees that their manacles are still attached with their corresponding chains. Big. Heavy. Loud. Chains.

That would just not do!

"I'm Edwin, if you wanted a name. Now just give me a moment, and I'll see about getting those loud and heavy chains off the both of you. Don't want those to get caught on anything, now do we?"

He promptly gets to work on picking the locks on the chains for both the dwarf and orc, taking a decent length of chain with him, just in case, once he was done. A length of chain may not have been the best weapon, but it would do for a garrotte, and had uses as a restraint still. Once he was done, he followed the others silently.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2013, 10:35:51 am »

"Oh, thanks Edwin-but I was gonna use the chains as improvised whippin' arms. They'd call me Whiparms, and I'd march across the land using the term of mah former confinement to lash evildoers for justice." Tali snarks, holding out her hands to be released.

Being a Dwarf, she says this completely without sarcasm.

"Also, I see you eyeballing the Dwarf lock for tips. Commendable, but don't get smart. Every Dwarf locksmith uses a different method to safeguard their craftsmanship-that one there was a Berogval Ardai lock, an older design. I know about two dozen designs myself, but not nearly all of them. From what I know, a lock might explode you try that the same way in these times. Or turn you into a mushroom. Arcane traps are popular these days.

Nice story, Berogval.

Poor ol' Bero! He lost his wife to the Orc Wars, sad thing. He spent all his time in his workshop afterwards. One day, he sequesters himself in an unbreakable adamant chest, left a note saying he had made a perfect lock, that no one could get through. Dared anyone to open it-either he gets free, and works to improve it, or...well, he remains undefeated sort of, and he dies knowing he would have made the best he could in his life-and that's all a Dwarf really wants. Well, we still haven't opened it anyway, lots of people have tried. Been about 168 years, give or take.

We joke when someone finally opens the damn thing, Bero will just jump out and start working on a new one."
Tali says, launching into an impromptu story whilst Edwin works.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:39 am »

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Edvin and Vlad - New skill acquired: Lockpicking; Dwarmin - New Skill Acquired: Architecture
I feel like there could've been a better name for Dwarmin's new skill. At first I was thinking sabotage or something but that didn't feel right.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43