Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44084 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »

Cheesecake
You pull the viewing slat open and pound your bleeding hands against the cell door, bellowing your challenge with all your might. I'll rip the flesh from your bones! You hear a stirring just outside the door, and two curious faces, that of an elf and a small human, swiftly appear before you. The wide-eyed human gestures wildly, miming for you to be silent. You set your jaw, grimacing angrily at their lack of urgency in springing you.

Ross Vernal
You step into the hall and look left. Nothing. Then you look right. An elf is standing there staring at you. He seems dishevelled and deathly thin, like a drunk who just stumbled in off the street, but then so do most elves you know. You notice his prison attire and note it. Now there's at least a chance this guy won't try to kill you. Thats when you notice exactly what he's staring at. You look at the sap in your hand and try to laugh reassuringly, but it comes out as more of a nervous chuckle. You hold the sap behind your back, but the damned elf just keeps looking at you. You swallow hard, and break out into the beginnings of a nervous sweat, despite yourself.

You nearly hit the ceiling with how high you jump when a loud combination of pounding and shouting suddenly emits from somewhere off ahead of you. You push past the elf and rush over to the source, a cell door with an angry orc behind the open viewing slat trying to break the door down. You put a finger over your mouth and motion for him to pipe down. His mouth snaps shut and he glares at you expectantly, his gaze switching from you to the elf and back. You can't think of anything to say and he frowns impatiently.

scapheap
You peek down the hall again. Now there's two of them! You've begun to panic a bit when suddenly a loud bellowing echoes down from that end, and the two strangers run off away from you, likely to investigate. You seize the opportunity, slipping away in the opposite direction and running hard until you can't see them behind you any longer. You stop to take a breath, leaning against the near wall. You look back in both directions. The hall seems almost identical, and you can't see an end to it in either direction. Come to think of it, you're not actually sure which direction you came from. Nothing loose lies in the hall, and the only features you ever encounter are the identical cells facing one another at even intervals.

Dwarmin
You hear a loud pounding from the hall outside your cell. You head over to the door and, standing on the tips of your toes, open the slat and peer outside. You have to hop a little to get a proper view, but you manage. A human and an elf are just across from your cell, huddled around the one opposite. They're too focused on whatever they're looking at to notice you watching them.

Zako
You rein in your racing mind and try to focus, and slowly your breathing becomes steady. You open your eyes and turn, then stop. A shirtless human, a fellow prisoner by the state of him, is standing before you. He's a bit shorter than the average human, but it suits his sharp features and the naturally spry look he has about him. You'd almost mistake him for an elf if it weren't for his rounded ears and borderline dwarfish height. You suddenly notice you've been standing there for some time, and are about to introduce yourself when you notice the weighted cloth he has in one hand, a makeshift weapon no doubt. You consider this for a moment, wondering if he presents a threat, when a wide grin spreads across the stranger's face. He chuckles nervously and tries unsuccessfully to hide the sap behind his back. The corner of your mouth twitches, and you almost smile yourself.

A loud banging sounds from somewhere behind you and you whip around instantly. The human pushes past you and runs down the hall, skidding to a stop in front of one of the cell doors. An orc is framed by the open viewing slat, and he glares at the two of you, breathing heavily.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Tired, cut hands
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Items: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - adds an amount of magical energy to your punches, increasing their force; slight fatigue

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Bruised finger
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient
Items: Thin Lockpick, Crude Sap (shirt with rocks in it)
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Items: None.
Known Magicks: Repel II - push the air around you away with a focused blast, pushing the target away; negligible fatigue loss

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient
Items: Lucky Coin

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient
Items: Sturdy Lockpick
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:33:21 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2013, 06:34:44 pm »

An elf? In this dungeon?

I tried to stare him down, realized that such a behavior was probably hostile, and gave him a grin. Noticing that I still held a weapon in my hand, I gave a nervous chuckle and slowly attempted to hide the weapon behind my back, fully aware that it was in no way actually stopping him from noticing the weapon dangling between my legs-

Note to self: never refer to anything you are hiding behind your back as a "dangling weapon between your legs" ever again.

- the poorly hidden weapon visible behind my legs. I broke into a sweat, feeling awkward. As I opened my mouth,

BANGBANGBAMBANGBAMBOOM!

AAAAAAAAAAAGGHH!

Spurred by a sudden jolt of adrenaline, I jumped up and forward, very nearly parting my hair and skull down the middle. I (politely) pushed my way past the elf and glanced in the prison, seeing a big, ugly Orc glaring down at me. Still feeling my heart pounding, I made a series of gestures suggesting that he shut the hell up before we all got ourselves killed, then took a few deep breaths.

Be still, my heart. I'm too young to have a heart attack.

After calming down, I quickly examined the surroundings, then whispered to the Orc.

"I don't know why any of us are here, but I propose that you, me, and the elf work together to get the hell out of here. Sound like a deal?"

I turned and glanced at the elf apologetically, then back to the orc to see what his answer would be. If it were positive, I would attempt to open the door; if not, well, too bad for him.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2013, 07:00:39 pm »

Waitlisting here. Thanks for being courteous in the mail! I, um... I am supposed to waitlist here, right?

Name: N'gia Clearfangs

Race: Human

Appearance: N'gia's hair is of an auburn hue, though it hasn't been washed in what may be months and is matted with dried blood. Her skin is pale, the kind of pale that you saw on a corpse that had died of blood loss. Her eyes were not visible, as they had been replaced what what appears to be bolts of moonstone. The bolts fit her eye sockets perfectly and are inscribed with runes that give an onlooker an unsettling feeling if they look for too long, for some reason or another. She is corpulent, and her pale skin is fair enough in many areas to see the veins beneath her flesh. Her lips are dry and cracked. Her ears appear to have dried blood in them, but besides this they're normal enough. Likely a side-effect of being hit in the head too much. N'gia is covered in scars, mostly straight scars and slanted ones, but you can find the occasional burn if you look hard enough.

Profession: Bonecarver.

Skills: Expert: Bonecarving.

Item: A rat skull on a rough leather string inscribed with tiny, arcane sigils. It seems... For lack of a better word, wrong. Nobody can seem to put their finger on why, as such a trinket is harmless, but it just seems wrong. She can often be found fingering it and fiddling with it. She will not part with it, not over her dead body.

It might also be noted that due to her blindness, N'gia relies mostly on sound, smell, touch and taste. These senses are highly enhanced, but some traps or enemies might catch her off-guard.

(( Alright, edited. I was under the impression that we were with DF-ish setting and in my experience with DF, rat bones everywhere.))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:32:21 pm by Urist MacNoob »
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2013, 07:17:00 pm »

Yep, this is where you waitlist. Just a few issues with your sheet:

Appearance: You sure you want her to be blind? Thats.. kind of a big deal…. You don't just hand-wave blindness.

Profession: DO NOT include anything regarding where she came from or how she got here. Thats why there isn't a Bio section.

Skills: Choose either: one skill to be an expert in, or, three skills to be proficient in. Also, whats bonecrafting? You can have it, if I deem it reasonable, but you're gonna have to explain what the heck it is first.

Item: Rat skull is fine, but since when is carrying those around ever common? :P By all means keep it, just struck me as odd that you decided to include that they were common.

Spell: You can't have a spell without being magic, because spells are magic, and thus you must be magic in order to use spells. Sorry if you still want an ability, but that wasn't in the sheet. If you want magic you'll have to take the disadvantages that come with it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:19:01 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:43 pm »

Edwin almost smiles at the antics of the human before almost jumping out of his skin at the sound of some banging. What in the hells is that?! He thinks as he quickly walks over to the human standing in front of the cell door where the commotion is coming from, and sees that the source is an angry looking orc.

"I think that working together would be a good idea. Whoever put us down here, clearly means us harm or no good, and banging on that door is not going to help anyone but possibly attract the attention of the guards. We can let you out, but you need to stay calm and quiet before you attract unwanted attention, alright?"

After leaving to choice to release the orc to the human, Edwin stands lookout and listens and watches carefully for anyone approaching.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:41:00 pm by Zako »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2013, 09:35:57 pm »

...catches his breath.
Status effect removed, like I promised. My mistake. :P

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2013, 11:24:57 pm »

(( Edited it, my bad. I was half-asleep in the morning when I did this. I meant to say bonecarving, which you are probably familiar with. Basically just making items, usually trinkets out of bone. I might RP her trying to sharpen some poor guy's bones into makeshift projectiles or shivs if it came to it, for example, all depending on the circumstances. I'm alright with her being blind, she has sort of an echo-location/smell thing going on to figure out how close things are and where to go. Scentless and soundless traps/enemies would catch her completely off-guard, though. I figured that'd just make RPing her more interesting. Decided to remove magic entirely from her, as you said it is magic. Things like that don't just happen and being able to debilitate stronger enemies would make it too easy for her to just run away. ))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:40:35 pm by Urist MacNoob »
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2013, 12:08:17 am »

(( Edited it, my bad. I was half-asleep in the morning when I did this. I meant to say bonecarving, which you are probably familiar with. Basically just making items, usually trinkets out of bone. I might RP her trying to sharpen some poor guy's bones into makeshift projectiles or shivs if it came to it, for example, all depending on the circumstances. I'm alright with her being blind, she has sort of an echo-location/smell thing going on to figure out how close things are and where to go. Scentless and soundless traps/enemies would catch her completely off-guard, though. I figured that'd just make RPing her more interesting. Decided to remove magic entirely from her, as you said it is magic. Things like that don't just happen and being able to debilitate stronger enemies would make it too easy for her to just run away. ))
Okay, just mind that your other senses won't start out enhanced. You'll have to learn to develop your other senses over time, but if you can manage to survive long enough they'll definitely become much keener than a normal person's (Read: superhuman). Also, if you read the OP you'll learn what the setting is for a particular game. Usually they're original.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:29 am »

They not going to leave thing in the middle of the hall, I tell myself. With this in mind I start looking in every room for anything.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2013, 05:05:34 am »

Regain calm, ask them if they can pick the lock to my cell or give me something to get out with.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2013, 06:23:25 am »

"Psst! Hey, you there! Talljob and Longears-mind wanna helping a Dwarf out?" Tali says from her cell window.

Action: Get the pairs attention!

Also, look for weak spots in the door I can use to get through with either my brick or my driving pin, then do so if the door is not opened another way.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2013, 01:34:26 pm »

(( Alright. Thank you for being patient with me, I've been kinda stupid. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2013, 02:06:13 pm »

(( Alright. Thank you for being patient with me, I've been kinda stupid. ))
Hey don't sweat it. Everyone has those days, and besides, you're new here. :)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2013, 02:12:41 pm »

I have a question.  Do you want me to create a character now,  or can I wait until I'm higher on the wait list?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2013, 02:22:05 pm »

I have a question.  Do you want me to create a character now,  or can I wait until I'm higher on the wait list?
Whenever you want. I prefer having people create them right when they get dropped in so I don't have to dig for them or spend time archiving them in the OP, but for some reason a lot of GMs like to have them right when the players waitlist (I think? maybe thats just the way it happens). I think waitlisters are better off creating one when they drop in, so they can be tailored to suit the current circumstances of the game, as a lot can change in 5 or 10 pages. But thats just me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:28:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43