Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44055 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 10:09:09 pm »

Waitlist, reading.
Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:12:37 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 11:45:26 pm »

Love your RP Ross. Its great. And I like the format that you and Zaku have taken up.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2013, 12:54:15 am »

I slump to the ground, it seem that I was no closer to freedom then I was 30 seconds ago. A idea then appear in my head. My Repel push air away, It should be simple enough to reverse it to pull the key toward me. Just need to remember what little I know of magic.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2013, 01:07:53 am »

Tali turned the driving pins over in her free hand.

Direct force couldn't achieve the desired result...

Action: Check the wall again-the water damage has no doubt weakened the adjoining structure. Pry at a weak spot with my free hand driving pin, and work my way down to the joints-take it out brick by brick if I have to. Work steadily and calmly, like a Dwarf.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 08:10:57 am »

Ignore cuts for now, until we get out and find some medical supplies. Try to rip out a brick or large piece of rock and smash it against the hole to widen it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 08:38:31 am »

Turns up..SOOOOOOON!! *rainbow hands*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 09:44:05 pm »

Cheesecake
You stand up again and try to find a loose bit of wall to use in place of a stone. The cell is crumbling in places but nowhere can you find a stone large enough to suit your needs that doesn't crumble to dust in your hands.

Ross Vernal
You remove the loose cotton shirt you were thrown in here wearing and gather as many loose stones as you can in it. You knot the shirt and swing it experimentally. You could stun a human or an elf pretty good with this if you scored a solid hit on the head, but a dwarf or an orc would likely shrug it off.

You approach the door, your new sap slung over one shoulder, then yelp in surprise as it falls towards you. You throw your hands up defensively and catch it. The weight of the cell door is immense and your legs and arms begin to shake with effort. You slowly start moving backward, one step at a time, and easing the tall slab of dented metal to the ground. You set it down with a woosh as the air rushes out of your lungs and you find yourself gasping for air. You walk over to stand in the light and immediately begin to feel better. Your finger even stops aching, though the bruising hasn't faded and the swelling has yet to go down.

scapheap
You glare at the key from where you sit slumped against the wall. It sits there glinting in the small light, like a grinning dwarf with a golden tooth. It mocks you. You yell in frustration, slapping your open palm against the ground beside you. A forceful gale slams into your body, and your clothes whip against you as you throw your hands up to shield your eyes against the howling wind. And just as suddenly as it came, it stops. You slowly lower your hands, panting, staring at them. Did I just do that? You look at the key again, then back at your hands. You turn your open palm around, pointing it at the key, then try to recreate the feeling you had before. You feel a sort of pressure building up in your hand. You hold it in until it finally starts to become painful and wince, unleashing it. A gust of wind punches into the key, sending it flying across the room. It bounces off of the opposite wall and skitters back across the floor, coming to rest at your feet.

A smile slowly spreads across your face and you lean over and reach to pick up the key. Repel levelled up. You slide it into the lock of your waist cuff, take a deep breath, and turn. It pops off with a click and this time you laugh aloud. You unlock the wrist cuffs and hop to your feet, crossing the cell in a few long strides and slipping the key into the lock of the cell door. You turn it and pull the handle, and the heavy door eases open. You jump at the sound of a loud clang coming from somewhere outside your cell. You stick your head into the hall and see a dim figure standing in the distance a few blocks away from you scratching his head. He looks like he's human, a bit tall perhaps. He turns your way and you duck back into the cell, unsure if you should show yourself.

Dwarmin
You start picking at the wet mortar around the second wrist anchor with the thin driving pins. Two of them snap off while you work but eventually you manage to scrape away enough of the mortar to remove some of the surrounding stones. You pull the second anchor out with ease and use the remaining pins to do the same with the anchor securing your waist. It comes free with a few hearty jerks and suddenly you're free to walk about the cell. Now you've just got to deal with the door.

Zako
You head back over to the cell door, deciding to look for the key to your escape there. The hinges are loose and, to your delight, located on the inside of the cell, likely to prevent whatever is inside from breaking its way out via force, which after some thought and a quick glance at your scrawny arms strikes you as rather odd. After a bit of eyeballing you judge that the door itself is a bit too small for the frame, and you start prying at the top hinge pin with your fingers. It pops loose after a bit of work, and you turn to start on the next one. This one is a bit tighter and you also have to stick your hand beneath the seam and lift the door slightly in order to get it out, but it does finally come out. You place both of your hands beneath the seam and lift it with a grunt, hoping the latch is short enough for this to work, and sliding it to one side.

The door falls loose with a ringing clang and you only just avoid having your fingers caught beneath it. It totters and you quickly grab it by the handle and slide it noisily into the cell, leaning it against a wall off to one side. You take your first step out of the cell and look around. The hall is tall, even taller than your cell, and very narrow. There are cells at opposite sides of the hall at two or three metre intervals. You glance in both directions, still breathing hard from your escape, but see nothing aside from the constant light falling from somewhere far up above you.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Tired, cut hands
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Items: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - adds an amount of magical energy to your punches, increasing their force; slight fatigue

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Bruised finger, out of breath
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient
Items: Thin Lockpick, Crude Sap (shirt with rocks in it)
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Items: None.
Known Magicks: Repel II - push the air around you away with a focused blast, pushing the target away; negligible fatigue loss

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient
Items: Lucky Coin

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Health: Out of breath
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient
Items: Sturdy Lockpick
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:50:35 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2013, 09:49:27 pm »

That 'out of breath' for Ross Vernal will go away next turn.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »

I gave the sap a swing and nodded. It was a suitable weapon for whoever imprisoned me. Presumably.

Logic this out, Lamora. Who did this? This is too much like a dank hole in the ground to be Dwarven... okay. No. Rephrase: this is not enough of a dank hole in the ground to be done by a Dwarf. Maybe the elves did it, but why? Elves and I have a policy of ignoring each other until and unless we need each other. Humans? Well, yeah, maybe. Orcs? Well, I'm not currently roasting over a fire or being boiled into soup, so I can eliminate that possibility.

I stared at the ruined door.

You know what? I can figure it out while escaping. Let's DO THIS!

I took a deep breath, approached the door, and-

"Oh, shiii-!"

I threw my hands up in a desperate attempt to avoid being squashed like a roach, and somehow managed to catch my impending doom. Almost immediately, I could feel my body informing me that it was not pleased by this development, and with measured, deep gasps, slowly began to move backwards, letting the door lower bit by bit.

Sure, 'letting' it down. Let's go with that.

WHUNK!

I scrambled back in a desperate attempt to retain my toes, and tripped over my own feet, ending up back in the circle of light before I managed to catch myself, feeling my body protest further abuse, then gradually begin to feel my muscles un-knotting as my heart slowed down.

Just a moment to catch my breath, and I'm getting the hell out of here.

I counted to sixty, took one last breath, and quietly emerged from the cell, keeping the sap ready to bludgeon anyone in my way.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2013, 11:12:04 pm »

^^^ That was pretty cool.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2013, 12:48:22 am »

Stonework, to a Dwarf, is easy.

The Dwarven mind is primarily ordered and pragmatic, unable to fully comprehend poetic and romantic terms as most do-the beauty of colors, of abstract symbolism, or true art is lost on them. For them, there is beauty in a fine construction that has a concrete use-a mug, a sword, a chair-hard labors reward being the labor itself, and an ordered world where everything is in it's proper place.

They particularly enjoy creating repeating geometric designs, done with the finest of mathematical precision. A true Dwarf can literally see the power of the numbers in well worked stone, and they find pleasure in this-imposing their own order upon a chaotic system. It's the reason Elves find them wearying, for they are in many ways the opposite.

So, as Tali begins to chip at the mortar-noting the imperfections of the original builder, tracing the years of damage from the seeping water (which she thought might be a poorly misplaced cistern, judging by the taste)-she sees a totally chaotic system, one that she can deconstruct in her mind as easily as an Elf can track a wolfs prints in melting snow.

She imposes her own order now, working steadily, making every tap of the chisel count-every one point five seconds she makes another strike. Were she in nicer setting, she might even sing a Dwarf song to keep her pace, but now she merely taps her foot to keep the beat. An old Dwarven miners tradition. Brick by brick the wall comes apart. She feels the stress in the metal tool as she works, but calculates that they will easily hold until she done.

Tali eventually finishes, pulling free with minimal effort expended.

She has made a neat and balanced pyramid of the bricks that once imprisoned her just to the side, the surest testament to the workings of Dwarven mind.

Tali stretched her arms and legs, enjoying those nice pops and creaks.

At least now she could at least die with proper posture.

She took a moment, reflecting on the poor quality of the stone and the cell. No obvious marks of long term habitation, no cliched skeletons in shackles. This was a holding cell, short term. No doubt the screams she had heard earlier were an indication that worse was still sure to come...she certainly wouldn't be around for that.

The Door was the next problem, but she doubted it was in any better condition than the wall.

What was a door but a lock and hinges holding up a plank of wood? Destroy the hinges, or the lock and open the door. Simple. Ordered.

Action: Check the door and look outside. Get anyones attention if they look like a fellow prisoner.

If it's locked and I can't get any help opening it, pick up a brick from my pile and hammer either the hinges or the lock away carefully, whichever I determine is weaker.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:58:49 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2013, 02:19:27 am »

I stare at the being, I am in prison and this may be a warden. Best head the other way and find a weapon, there got to be at least a mop I can use as a staff, maybe even a Shepard crook.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2013, 06:16:31 am »

"Help! I require aid! If you be friend, help! If you be foe, face me!

Call for help through the hole, get as much attention as possible.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2013, 07:00:03 am »

Fantastic. Now I can focus on getting the hells out of here. Edwin thinks, taking a moment to catch his breath. Still, getting out might not be as easy as getting out of his cell, as the guards might try to put him back in a better one, or worse.

Maybe there are other prisoners here? They could be a useful distraction for the guards...

Settling on this, he decides to quietly check all the nearby cells that have peek holes for anyone or anything inside them. He also looks for a weapon of some kind, even a simple rock would do.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2013, 08:41:18 am »

Turns up about seven or eight hours from this post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43