Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 43982 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »

: Chu! You're going to die because you broke your spine falling down a hole. If only you were an invertebrate, then you wouldn't have to worry about cracking those flimsy skeletons of yours.

: You can fight all you want, there's no one to answer for this but you. And killing me certainly won't keep you from bleeding to death.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:20:17 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »

"Well, durn. Sorry then blobbo, if I can't walk you'll just have to wait for me to ta die here.

Anyway, what's this rotten place all about, anyway? Why'd they put such a wimpy critter like ya in a hole like this? Cmon I aint going nowere't."

((Is it confirmed that I actually can't walk? Oo))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2014, 10:28:24 pm »

: So it seems.

: I was born here. That's how slimes occur, or did no one ever tell you? I'm actually a very tiny organism, smaller than the head of a pin. I develop this slimy exterior to protect my body, move around, sense my surroundings, store information, and even digest my food. Its the ultimate organ. Unfortunately its easily damaged and takes ages to grow. This body I've got now took me about 100 years of consuming mold patches and sucking the moisture from the grouting in the walls to develop.

If you were standing he'd only just reach your shoulder. He's quite wider than you.

: It'd come a lot faster, but I'm a cautious fellow, and patient too. Of course flesh has much more energy to offer, but I've found it has a tendency to.. reduce.. the mind. This is probably the first time you've ever met a slime that could talk. Most who eat flesh go mad, but those who don't become unimaginably powerful. You've seen it too. Its true for all beings with souls but especially for those without flesh themselves. Unfortunately we slimes rarely get big enough and smart enough to figure it out before eating a bird or a rabbit and going insane. Our inherent superiority as a species is undermined by our lack of instincts.

You let your guard down a bit at this. It makes sense, but you've seen too many good dwarves get their skin sucked off by cave slimes to totally abandon your inhibitions.

((You can still crawl, albeit slowly and painfully, though it can't hurt you any more than you already are.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 01, 2014, 09:04:23 am »

Tali hadn't much an inkling what to do in this incredibly boring place, so she cast her mind back.

"Well, good on ya mate-risin' above yer nature and all that.

I once had a pet whistling slime, ya know, when I woz jussa lass. Fed him nuts and berries, course had to get rid of him fore he grew too big. He made a noise when I fed him like, uh..."

*twwwoeeto*

"Somethin' like that, right. Like he was happy, hey? I always wondered if my Bloory had a brain in his jelly or he was just making noises, like wind through a keyhole. I spose it was a bit of both. Donna why I tell ya all this. Ya got anything better to do, hey?

Dwarves don't self terminate anywho. I'm apt to crawl my way till my arms fall off-is there anyway onwards from here where I lay, or is this just a dead end hole?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #589 on: February 01, 2014, 11:31:44 am »

: There's nowhere to go. This room wasn't built to be escaped.

: Chu! I guess there's no other way.

He slides closer to you and reaches for your hand with one orb-like appendage.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 01, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »

"Ey, don't touch me! For all I know yer a mind grabbing beastie, messin' with my mind like we felt up in the hall. How do I know yer who you say you are? Ey?"

Action: DOUBT

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #591 on: February 01, 2014, 03:08:31 pm »

He stops.

: We? So you do have friends. And I thought you were just a lonely dwarf.

: If one of your friends were to be magical, its very likely he would have sensed my presence. We slimes have a bit of magic in us, however small it is.

His body compresses a bit, and his features scrunch together.

: Which is how I plan to help you. Its not as if you have any choice. You don't want to die, and I can't have your bones lying around for half a century. But in the end, the choice is entirely up to you. Its your body after all.

His ultimatum delivered, he outstretches his hand expectantly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 01, 2014, 10:48:36 pm »

"I'd imagine they durn just walked off without me-Idda done the same in their spot.

How is yer going to help me, anyway?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #593 on: February 01, 2014, 10:57:25 pm »

He holds his arm over you and his eyes narrow. He trembles with effort and after a few seconds a small drop of blue slime drips into your cupped hand with a splat. It wiggles for a moment and then springs up into a spherical shape. Its opaque blue hue dims, then grows lighter until it reaches the approximate transparency of water. When the process ends you have a wet, glassy marble that rolls easily in your palm.

: Eat that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 01, 2014, 11:12:11 pm »

"Ugh, whatever, lets get it over with. Kill or cure, hey? I'm tired of talking anyway.

I hate this place you know, I truly do."

She picked it up and crunched it in her mouth like a rock nut.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #595 on: February 02, 2014, 12:35:52 am »

It bursts like a jelly pastry. Except without any of the flavor. You gag on the foul tasting liquid. You immediately begin to feel better.

Quote from: Dwarmin
Health: Some Pain

: Stay still while your body mends.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 02, 2014, 12:40:17 am »

The fuck? Must be cursed. All right, no one touch that door.

Load blunderbuss with several rocks and shoot it at the door one over.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 02, 2014, 06:57:25 pm »

Tali considered rolling her eyes or doing a Dwarven shrug, but then thought better of it. It's not like she had anywhere to go.

Except maybe to the halls of the ancestors.

They'd sure laugh this one up. Then they would toss her a mug.

Action: Still!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 02, 2014, 06:59:14 pm »

I would recommend trying to think a mug of ale into existence for the poor thing.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 02, 2014, 07:16:43 pm »

[Which poor thing, the dwarf or the blob? I wouldn't call the blob a 'poor thing' myself.]
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43