Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44058 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Sand in your Drawers
« Reply #555 on: January 16, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »

((Running on my iPad right now so it's hard to find things.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2014, 09:24:53 pm »

[From the looks of it, you were with Xantalos until you got replaced by an NPC due to unavailability. So I guess you were in the crowd of prisoners that survived the demons?]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 17, 2014, 03:40:59 am »

((HNARGH OVERTIME))

Attract their attention via shouting.

OI!
We don't have the numbers to lift the porticullis and tunneling through the rock will take too much time. We go through a door.

Point at a door that I think looks promising.

If there are any visible locks on the door:
Anyone here a good hand with a lockpick?

If not:
Stand back. I'm going to bring down this door and whatever lies behind it.
After they've stood sufficiently back, blast the door open with my clockwork blunderbuss.
Regardless of scenario, begin contemplating names for the thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2014, 10:38:10 am »

(Megayeah!

Post coming sometime today.)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 18, 2014, 04:07:10 pm »

I nodded, stopped shining the light all up in everyone's faces (I told you it was hard to look cool!), caught enough light to ensure I'd have stores of power, and tried to think of a horrible joke to raise morale.

"Tell us when it starts to stink."

Ah, yes, fart jokes. Classic.

I didn't even bother forcing a fake laugh. Maybe I shoulda went for an even worse joke...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*
« Reply #560 on: January 20, 2014, 02:52:58 am »

Urgh. I'll post soon. For now..

tired....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 20, 2014, 02:56:08 am »

Shhhh sleep sweet summer child
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*
« Reply #562 on: January 20, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

Everyone
Edwin senses something up ahead and holds his arm up to stop the group. But Tali, being a dwarf, strolls right under it without noticing. Your eyes lose track of her instantly in the consuming darkness. You hear the echo of her footsteps in the confines of the hallway for a moment followed by a surprised yelp and the sound of her boots scraping against the stone. Then..

Nothing but the sound of rushing air fills your ears..

Dwarmin
You're walking down the hallway when you notice the constant sound of footfalls that had beat against your eardrums in the comfortably sized (but likely claustrophobic for your allies) corridor suddenly halt. In that instant, you decide to take just one more step as you prepare to turn around and see why the others have stopped. Your heart drops into your stomach when your right foot meets, not with solid ground, but open air. Instinctively you spin, realizing without thinking that your forward momentum is too great to end your stride, and make a desperate lunge for the ledge. You stretch your arm, willing your fingers to extend. Your fingertips catch the edge.. then slip. You gasp, then tumble end for end as you fly down the hole.

Your flapping gear catches on one of the surrounding walls. You shield your face as the straps holding them onto you shear away and your items deflect off of the walls and your body.

There's an audible crunch as you hit the ground. You moan in pain and start to curl into a ball, then scream as the movement sends pain shooting up your spine. Every breath is agony, and when you open your eyes dark spots swim across your vision. The room is dimly lit, and the only thing you can make out is a menacing, roundish shape standing in front of you. It stirs and starts moving towards you.

Xantalos
You yell at everybody.

A guant-faced human with dark eyes steps forward, a confident look on his face. I'll have that thing open in no time. He produces a small metal pin, holding it delicately between two bony fingers. I released anyone from their chains who couldn't escape on their own. Another lock shouldn't be a problem.

The group gathers round as he prepares to go to work on the door. He drops to one knee and gently slides the pin into the lock. He works it around for a moment, then stops, a funny look on his face. A short-tempered dwarf, his hair dirty and gray, starts grumbling. What's the hold up?! I thought you said you could open it! He smirks. Joke's on you elder dwarf.. Its already open. The grey-bearded dwarf seems taken aback. What!? But that's the very one I just checked! The human chuckles and opens his mouth to say something, grabbing the door handle to pull himself up. He yelps, staggering backwards as if burned and curses fervently. He grips the hand he used to touch the door handle, as if in pain.

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Clothes, Leather Boots, Steel Chain Mail, Dwarven Bastard Sword, Steel Full Helm
Inventory - 2x Leather Boots, Steel Full Helm, Squishy Backpack: 15x Wurm Meat Slabs

Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling, Butchering Dabbling
Magicks: Catch III - you can absorb energy at a mediocre pace, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger; can store energy
Overcharge I - focus absorbed energy on your weapon or body for increased attack or defence; temporarily weakened when over
---

Spoiler: NPC Clair Redfield (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Leather Tunic, Leather Boots, Iron Staff, Dwarven Dirk
Inventory: Hunting knife, 2x Clothes

Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Skilled, Cloth Work Skilled
Magicks: Repel III - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; little fatigue
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Health: Intense Pain; Difficulty Breathing
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Ebony Easterland Lance
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Busted Leather Cuirass

Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Clothes, Leather Boots, studded leather hauberk, 2x iron daggers
Inventory: 1x Iron Dagger, Leather Weapon Pack: Roaken, Sturdy Lockpick, Iron Chain with Cuff, Dwarven Claymore

Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
---

Spoiler: Xantolos (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rusted Shortsword
Inventory: Sharp Rock, Clockwork Blunderbuss

Skills: Fighter Expert, Firearms Dabbling
Magicks: Heal I - close wounds with lots of effort
---

Spoiler: Gamerlord (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags
Inventory: Thin Razor Blade

Skills: Spears Expert
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:35:33 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 20, 2014, 05:41:17 pm »

Tali rises gritting her teeth. ~Cmon then I dont got all day...dont be shy hey? Dinners served beastie but ya dont get yer meat till ya soften it up! Nice tasty dwarf lass dont go down yer gullet so easy.~                 

action-prepare for final stand
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:56:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 21, 2014, 12:50:04 am »

"Oh shit..." Edwin mutters as he quickly moves to the edge of the light. "Noone do anything stupid. It's some kind of trap! Just wait there for a second!" As he stops at the edge of the lit space, he yells out into the darkness.

"Tali! Tali, are you alright?! Answer me if you can!"

Cut off a bit of cloth from my clothes and wrap it around the blade of a dagger, then cover it in the residue of the torches and light it from the flame to make a makeshift torch. Then cautiously move forward, feeling the ground in front of me gently and look for any signs of a trap or trigger. Don't go too far ahead and pay attention to the wind and if it increases suddenly, like for example if something is approaching quickly, dive and roll backwards towards the others.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 21, 2014, 09:21:53 am »

((Not sure if I can hear you or you can hear me, but just in case))

Tali thought she heard a voice from above...

"Don' Bother, I'm just going to get eaten is all. Lest ye share the same warm belly, I guess ye'd best run off, hey? Or be a hero, tall boy, alls the same to me."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #566 on: January 21, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

Edwin runs back down the corridor a dozen or so meters to the nearest torch. He pulls one of his daggers and sticks it between the bars of the cage-sconce and scrapes some of the pitch off of the tip of the torch. The black tar-like substance oozes over the blade of the dagger and hardens, but remains ablaze. Iron Dagger became Cursed Flame Dagger! Its not so useful for stabbing anymore, but the flame will never die.

You head back to where the remaining group is waiting and cautiously step forward, and using your new light you examine the darkened stretch of floor where Tali disappeared. There's no door or other mechanism, the floor just drops away into a pit. You can't see the bottom or even any kind of light, and when you call into it and wait a few minutes there isn't a response. There's no way she could possibly have seen it coming, as even with your impressive Elven hearing you only sensed the change in the air when you were immediately before it. If you stretch your arm out you can just see the other end of the pit, wrapped in dark, where the hallway continues about two and a half meters away. Quite a far distance to jump.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 21, 2014, 10:50:34 pm »

"Shit." Edwin curses as he backs off from the pit. "It's too far down for us to safely go down. I hate to admit it, but she's probably done for already."

He sighs and waves his new torch in the direction of the pit. "We could try to jump across, but it's pretty far... What do you guys think we should do?"

Edwin searches for another way across, or at least for something that could help cross the gap. He also inspects the other side as best he can from his side to see if it would collapse if anyone steps on it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 22, 2014, 08:52:16 am »

((Wow I died off screen. Poor way to go.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 22, 2014, 06:27:46 pm »

[My bet is that if you survive you meet up with Xantalos'/Gamer's character, as a way to give them someone to interact with beyond NPCs. /$0.02]
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43