Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44089 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Sand in your Drawers
« Reply #525 on: January 01, 2014, 08:05:28 pm »

Ooh, you're back? We've missed you and this.
Oh and don't worry we already got to the burning.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 01, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »

"I ran for home, and six of them, were running after me... oh, hey, that's not normal. Hey, guess what, guys? It feels like some magical woo-woo has a leash on my brain and is trying to make me go somewhere. Now, there's either of two things that is. One, someone benevolent is trying to get our attention; two, someone is drawing us into a trap. I vote we go there and decide which it is. In the first case, yay. In the second case, I think we do something about adjusting its ass-to-ears ratio, yes?"

I smiled, charmingly, and pointed with the sword. I tried to reflect the light from the torches to look cool, but it was sort of hard to do.

Tali grunts charmingly.

"Aye, it's sort of like the smell of good mead on your mind. Ya just wanna follow the scent. I'm apt to think it's not quite a warm drink waiting for us at the end of this path. Maybe it's one of them things that uses head tricks to draw it's lots. Say, one of this big Fungal Squids...hope we don't run into those! They grow pretty big, and I seem to left my catapult at home.

Then again, this doesn't seem the place ye can avoid much trouble. We're gonna have to go through it. It's like how my people ken purrin' maggots in slick traps-leave em only enough wriggle room to go forward, not back-soon enough you got them skewert and ready for tha grill.

Maybe a bad example, hey. Also, stop shining that sword-light in my eyes, fella. It doesn't even look that cool."

((No interruption!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 02, 2014, 06:43:08 am »

Finally back! LTNS. Happy New Year, Gunin and everyone else!

(I'm one day late, but screw it)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #528 on: January 02, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »

Finally back! LTNS. Happy New Year, Gunin and everyone else!

(I'm one day late, but screw it)
I missed you guys D':

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #529 on: January 04, 2014, 11:55:26 pm »

It's completely unrealistic for me to do these turns on a handheld it turns out. The page likes to refresh itself for no good reason, plus going back to fix mistakes is an unbelievable hassle. I need to figure out some other solution..

EDIT: It would just be simply annoying and not unrealistic if it didn't reload the page whenever I changed tabs to refer to the players' actions or previous turns. I can't even take a break and space the whole turn out over a day.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:03:23 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 05, 2014, 12:08:06 am »

It's completely unrealistic for me to do these turns on a handheld it turns out. The page likes to refresh itself for no good reason, plus going back to fix mistakes is an unbelievable hassle. I need to figure out some other solution..

EDIT: It would just be simply annoying and not unrealistic if it didn't reload the page whenever I changed tabs to refer to the players' actions or previous turns. I can't even take a break and space the whole turn out over a day.

I've been there, man. The only good thing to do? Stop. I don't want to see you hurt. I've tried and failed multiple times. It's the reason why most of my games die.

Maybe like wait until you get to a computer or get a web browser app for your phone that's different from the one you're using now.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #531 on: January 05, 2014, 12:16:00 am »

I don't have a phone, this is on my PS Vita, which I otherwise have big fat hearts for.  <3 <3 But yah I can dig what you're saying.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 05, 2014, 12:23:43 am »

Use Word/Notepad/Equivalent?
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #533 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:54 am »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2014, 12:44:22 am »

...does that mean there isn't one?
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #535 on: January 05, 2014, 01:37:14 am »

Yeah.. Its a REALLY young system. There's literally like 4 downloads in any given category, aside from the PSX library and their on demand stuff. Lotsa japanese stuff too.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 05, 2014, 03:10:19 am »

Well, um, send a bug report about the browser and hope they fix it soon.
Dying of laughter?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #537 on: January 05, 2014, 05:29:05 pm »

Well, um, send a bug report about the browser and hope they fix it soon.
It's not even a bug, just a lack of feature.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #538 on: January 09, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »

Everyone
The sconces are caged and thus the torches cannot be removed. They seem unnatural. Each flame seems to be just as strong as the last.

Edwin realizes that the sound is of rushing air, and that it is steadily growing louder. It's just ahead of them somewhere in the dark.

Xantalos
The room is square, tall and dim, the rough, uncut stone walls illuminated by the flickering red light emanating from the demonic forge dominating the far wall. Hundreds of man-sized roughshod portals are set into the surrounding walls. You have no idea where they lead, as you and the other occupants were led into the room via the massive portcullis directly opposite the wall, which fell closed sometime after the last demon was slain.

The nearby corpses you check don't have much to offer aside from a rusted shortsword that's just your size, still in it's leather sheathe. You have no belt, so you have to carry it in your hands for now.

While you're busy searching the dead, the survivors have organized and gathered nearby. There's roughly forty survivors out of the hundreds that filled the room moments ago. Most of them are too stunned to even stand, but about five of the tougher souls are talking in low voices nearby. "What now?" An elf murmurs meekly. "We get out. Those doors look promising." Says a human sharply. "Yes, we go straight through the rock!" The dwarves bark, ignoring the everyone.

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Clothes, leather boots, steel chain mail, dwarven bastard sword, steel full helm
Inventory - 2x leather boots, steel full helm, Squishy Backpack: 15x wurm meat

Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling, Butchering Dabbling
Magicks: Catch III - you can absorb energy at a mediocre pace, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger; can store energy
Overcharge I - focus absorbed energy on your weapon or body for increased attack or defence; temporarily weakened when over
---

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Leather Tunic, Leather Boots, iron staff, dwarven dirk
Inventory: Hunting knife, 2x clothes

Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Skilled, Cloth Work Skilled
Magicks: Repel III - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; little fatigue
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, Ebony Easterland Lance
Inventory: Lucky Coin

Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Clothes, Leather Boots, studded leather hauberk, 2x iron daggers
Inventory: 1x iron dagger, Leather Weapon Pack: Roaken, Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, Dwarven Claymore

Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Xantolos (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rusted Shortsword
Inventory: Sharp rock, Clockwork Blunderbuss

Skills: Fighter Expert, Firearms Dabbling
Magicks: Heal I - Close small wounds.
---

Spoiler: Gamerlord (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags