Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44120 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Sand in your Drawers
« Reply #480 on: September 10, 2013, 12:26:21 am »

I expected nothing less.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #481 on: September 10, 2013, 12:28:25 am »

Hm. Wise dwarf. So, clever dwarf, how do we escape these chains? We have no way of breaking them, unless you have a hammer up your arse.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 10, 2013, 12:31:42 am »

I've nought but a rock, but see these slaves around us? They're like a really big herd of cattle. You scare them, they'll move in the opposite direction. Get enough of them moving, and they're impossible to stop.
The question is, where to make them go.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #483 on: September 10, 2013, 12:35:41 am »

Hrm. The wise dwarf has an idea. Most of these men are dying but there are plenty more that are still strong. This could work. The only thing left is how we get them moving.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 10, 2013, 12:37:55 am »

With fear, of course. Most people still fear dragons, do they not?
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #485 on: September 10, 2013, 12:40:12 am »

Of course, but foolish dwarf, where will you find a dragon?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2013, 12:41:56 am »

I was mainly thinking we yell dragon and get everyone running that way, but I don't know if they would work. You have any better plans?
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #487 on: September 10, 2013, 12:51:26 am »

Even with my dull wit, I can clearly see that executing this plan would be folly. Most everyone here has eyes and will clearly see through our lie, and the noise will likely get us fed to the furnace. If we cause trouble, we need to be sure that the plan will succeed. I am but a fighting orc, worthless for anything but destruction. I can withstand this sort of labour which makes fragile humans and elves bend and crumble. I will rely on the brilliant master dwarf to get us out of here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 10, 2013, 01:03:10 am »

Hmm.

Listen in on the lesser daemons. Do they talk? If so, what do they sound like? What kind of names do they have?
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #489 on: September 10, 2013, 01:11:10 am »

If they can talk at all, they simply choose not to. They make very little noise at all except for the occasional roar or growl followed by a swift and fatal blow if a slave is foolish enough to look too directly at one of them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #490 on: September 11, 2013, 01:51:23 am »

I'll work on the turn once Xant finishes deciding what his actual plan is.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 11, 2013, 01:52:16 am »

Oh! Oh sorry. Was kinda distracted by sleep. Fffffuuu and all that. One moment-
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #492 on: September 11, 2013, 01:56:21 am »

Oh! Oh sorry. Was kinda distracted by sleep. Fffffuuu and all that. One moment-
S'okay. I'm watchin' Sylvester Stallone right now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 11, 2013, 02:33:39 am »

We'll incite a brawl this way, then - when a daemonthing is by our line, and another daemonthing is on the opposite side, we heave hard enough to send everyone tumbling into one of them. We then accuse the other daemon of pushing them and hope the first one pushes back. If we're lucky, it'll escalate into a full-fledged brawl that we can escape from. Once the brawl really gets going, you use that blade of yours to pick the lock and then mine.
Just had an even better idea: same thing, but pass the word on down the line. When I belch very loudly, have everyone leap to one side. Pass it on.

Pass the word on.
Surrepetiously look for lockpicking material in pockets of corpses.
When sufficient daemons are on both sides of the line, initiate plan.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:42:35 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2013, 02:06:36 am »

Tali
You check every barrel but you can't find any flint. You also note the absence of fuel of any kind. Understandable, seeing as how the curse kept the forge lit in the first place.

Edwin
You check everyone's weapons and find them all in perfect condition, as they were when you selected them. You speculate that removing them from the smithy must have removed them from the curse that affected the other weapons. You take a look at the bows and test the draw. Acceptable at best considering the normal Elven quality you're used to, but it isn't rotting or anything. You set the bow down and try to piece it together. There's no fuel, no flint, no bellows, and not even any material for making such weapons. Were they all a product of this curse on the dwarf?

Durmar
Word of your plan passes quickly, and it has soon spread among the ranks of prisoners in your line and the lines immediately adjacent. You check the bodies - at least the ones that are clothed - as you pass them along. Most of them have already been thoroughly searched. You aren't lucky enough to find a lockpick, but as you sift through the pockets of the rotting corpses your hands close around something familiar, and infinitely more valuable. You acquired a Clockwork Blunderbuss!

You giddily stuff it into your rags before anyone can see it. The robust firearm is a godsend, especially since it's of Dwarven make. You know without having to look that it's breech has been inscribed with a special rune that causes an explosion each time the trigger is pulled, without fail. It's wide muzzle means that it has horrendous accuracy, but the trade is that one can load practically anything into it and use it as ammunition. It's a favourite among mushrooms farmers and warlords alike, and it will no doubt prove an invaluable companion for you.

You wait for the demons to get into position, then belch as loud as you possibly can. One of the demons turns his head in your direction and in that same moment the entire line of prisoners utters a battle cry and reels into his legs, using their combined strength and his momentary distraction against him. His eyes go wide and he stumbles, crashing into his fellow directly opposite him. The fall to the ground in a heap, crushing dozens of prisoners beneath their combined weight.

The line cheers loudly and someone near the front yells for everyone to pull. All the prisoners in your line heave, the single anchor restraining the whole line at the base of the daemon forge creaking with the strain. After a few full seconds of exertion the chain snaps, and the prisoners begin feeding it through their restraints and freeing one another. This happens in several other lines and soon the whole chamber is roaring with the sounds of the unleashed prisoners' fury. The ones that are freed try to help others out of their chains, and the bolder of them do battle with the demons. All of this happens with varying success, and though the prisoners are all warriors and incredibly brave, they are not armed, and without help they will quickly lose this fight. You watch on as a crowd of men clamber onto a roaring demon and bring him down with their bare hands, strangling him with chains and gouging his eyes out with their bare hands. Another demon comes to his aid, scooping up a handful of screaming men in his terrible fist, who are abruptly cut off as he swallows the whole clutch in a single gulp.

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Overcharged
Equipped: Clothes, leather boots, steel chain mail, dwarven bastard sword, steel full helm
Inventory - 2x leather boots, steel full helm, Squishy Backpack: 15x wurm meat

Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling, Butchering Dabbling
Magicks: Catch III - you can absorb energy at a mediocre pace, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger; can store energy
Overcharge I - focus absorbed energy on your weapon or body for increased attack or defence; temporarily weakened when over
---

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Tired
Equipped: Leather Tunic, Leather Boots, iron staff, dwarven dirk
Inventory: Hunting knife, 2x clothes

Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Skilled, Cloth Work Skilled
Magicks: Repel III - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; little fatigue
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, ebony easterland lance
Inventory: Lucky Coin

Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Clothes, Leather Boots, studded leather hauberk, 2x iron daggers
Inventory: 1x iron dagger, Leather Weapon Pack: Roaken, Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, Dwarven Claymore

Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Xantolos (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags
Inventory: Sharp rock, Clockwork Blunderbuss

Skills: Expert Fighter
Magicks: Heal I - Close small wounds.
---

Spoiler: Gamerlord (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags