Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44131 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Sand in your Drawers
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »

He has the link to that in his profile, but it is basically a dwarf who has disgraced himself to such a degree that the only way to restore any shred of honor he might of held once in life is to go blindly charging into battle in hopes that he dies and kills as many of his race's enemies while doing so. Which is why I find the healing part funny, they aren't about getting through battles alive. ...Or wearing armor. Or really doing anything beyond growing the largest mohawk they can and charging in battle with the largest, strongest weapon they can find.
I remember reading it before. What's it from though? Warhammer?

So does this mean you're going to be doing stupid shit all the time? Or does it just mean that you'll take combat over talking if given the choice? I'm just not sure where he's at on the scale of 'an aggressive person' versus 'a mindless asshole', one of which is very predictable and boring to watch. And can you define who his race's enemies are supposed to be? Like orcs and stuff?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2013, 10:08:42 pm »

More an aggressive person. I'll RP him non-boringly, don't worry.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2013, 10:08:57 pm »

Warhammer, yeah. But as to if these are the very same Deathseekers, or some offshoot, or whatever, is up to Xantalos really. From what I can gather, the 'seeking death' thing is still very much there but that much is all I'll assume.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2013, 10:17:59 pm »

I trust you Xant.

This is all making me think about retooling my character sheet... Maybe adding magic, to be honest I'm not really seeing any instance in which not having magic would be considered a boon. Maybe I'm just missing those instances though. ...Necromantic perhaps? OH, NO, ILLUSIONS, yes, wonderful illusions... ...Dammit, I don't know. Both? Can I do that? Maybe with some interesting blending.
You're right. There hasn't been a single instance when magick has been bad for the players, except when it began to exhaust Kaltukk during the zombie fight.

Magic is only not good to have when fighting something that's also magic. When two separate sources mix and connect with one another it's never pretty. Bad things are to be expected if a mage accidentally casts a spell on a magickal item or being and the energy feeds back, sort of like how electricity works. They're also magnets for trouble, since the more powerful a mage is, the easier he is to sense and there are more than a few creatures that feed on their powers. Mages can reach out and detect other bodies of magick, but they must be careful. If something is powerful enough, even the slightest contact can be instantly and catastrophically fatal for the user.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:20:10 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2013, 10:19:50 pm »

Warhammer, yeah. But as to if these are the very same Deathseekers, or some offshoot, or whatever, is up to Xantalos really. From what I can gather, the 'seeking death' thing is still very much there but that much is all I'll assume.
Same style, basically, sans the giant mohawks and tattoos and such.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »

So magic tends to be those 'useful, but will become more dangerous in the long run' kinda things it seems. Hm... Well, I have plenty of time before my turn comes up to ponder it or not.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 08, 2013, 11:05:49 pm »

Whoop!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2013, 11:10:04 pm »

Yeah, the way I see magic in this is basically, you can do some pretty cool stuff with it but you won't be as protected from it if it's used against you when compared to someone who doesn't have magic. Pretty cool system I think for this game.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2013, 11:11:50 pm »

There's still a game going on here, right? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »

Well yeah. I'm doing the turn right now.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »

You still playing Dwarmin? It will be a pleasure RPing with you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #462 on: September 09, 2013, 12:27:47 am »

Tali
You find your coin amidst the sand and dust it off. You give it a kiss and make sure no one's looking before tucking it into one of your special woman places. Acquired Lucky Coin.

Claire
You use your powers to try blasting the sand out of the way. It takes some time, but after a few blows you manage to place a sizeable dent in the pile of sand. You take a break as Edwin climbs the sand pile to finish the job. You feel weak as you sit down, and yet you sense that something deeper, something within you, has strengthened. Catch levelled up: Reduced fatigue cost.

Edwin
You climb to the top of the now significantly smaller sand pile and start digging. After a few seconds you can see the crest of the doorway, and roll over onto your back, sliding into the hall feet first.

You land in the middle of the hall and stand up, dusting the sand from your clothes. You walk into the smithy, and see that the sand was blown clear into the back of the room when the orb was destroyed, blanketing the tables and shelves there. The forge is dark despite being in the corner of the room and escaping the explosion of sand. It was warm and bright when you were last in here, and you have no idea how it could have otherwise gone out. You draw a sword at random from one of the nearby barrels, and it feels curiously light. You strike it against one of the benches and it shatters to pieces. You discard the hilt and draw another sword, swinging it against the stone floor this time. The same result. There is no reasonable explanation for why this is, and you can only assume that it is somehow part of the curse. The only thing that remains intact are the bows, though the arrows' heads crumble when you draw them from their quivers.

Vlad
You climb up after Edwin. After he moves enough sand he slides into the corridor leading to the smithy. You move to where he was standing before and start widening the hole for when he comes back.

Dormar and Grolburg
A pungent aroma, a cocktail of sweat, fear and ripe flesh hangs in the already thick air, weighty with the combined heat of the crowded slaves and the scorching temperatures that the roaring furnace reaches. Thousands of slaves all chained to the floor toil under the lash of their overseers' flaming whips to feed the daemon forge, heaving long dead corpses that are brought by the cartful and the fresher bodies of those of their own number that drop from starvation or exhaustion into the starving flames. The slightest pause by any of the slaves earns them immediate and always fatal punishment, and the dozens of hulking lesser daemons that oversee the slaves waste no time in hurling men screaming into the gaping mouth of the towering forge by the handful.

The two of you are in the near centre of the crowd of slaves, organised into lines spanning the length of the more than 1 kilometre long - and twice that in width and height - chamber of roughly carved stone that meet the very foot of the terrible forge, all chained to one another by the waist. You take bodies, most of them soft with rot like overripe fruit, from the men behind you and pass them in front. Most of the slaves are heavily emaciated and more than a few are screaming or sobbing with the sheer terror of the task put to them. Lesser daemons each taller than three grown men stacked atop one another stride easily between the lines of men, though they have no consideration for where they trod, and more than once you have seen several men scramble desperately to get out of the way before being crushed beneath their footfalls. The howls of tortured men and the fatigue and horror of your task is grating on your soul, and though you have only been here for less than a few hours, your minds strain beneath the pressure of this mad hell you find yourself in.

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Overcharged
Equipped: Clothes, leather boots, steel chain mail, dwarven bastard sword, steel full helm
Inventory - 2x leather boots, steel full helm, Squishy Backpack: 15x wurm meat

Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling, Butchering Dabbling
Magicks: Catch III - you can absorb energy at a mediocre pace, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger; can store energy
Overcharge I - focus absorbed energy on your weapon or body for increased attack or defence; temporarily weakened when over
---

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Tired
Equipped: Leather Tunic, Leather Boots, iron staff, dwarven dirk
Inventory: Hunting knife, 2x clothes

Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Skilled, Cloth Work Skilled
Magicks: Repel III - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; little fatigue
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, ebony easterland lance
Inventory: Lucky Coin

Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Clothes, Leather Boots, studded leather hauberk, 2x iron daggers
Inventory: 1x iron dagger, Leather Weapon Pack: Roaken, Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, Dwarven Claymore

Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
---

Spoiler: Xantolos (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags
Inventory: Sharp rock

Skills: Expert Fighter
Magicks: Heal I - Close small wounds.
---

Spoiler: Gamerlord (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags
Inventory: Thin razor blade

Skills: Expert Spears

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 09, 2013, 12:33:39 am »

Check if chained.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #464 on: September 09, 2013, 12:39:25 am »

Grolburg
Even though you can feel it, and you know it's there, you glance downwards just to make sure, and see that you're chained about the waist, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43