Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44054 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 11:53:06 am »

Seems I was missed for the waitlist, something wrong with the application, or just overlooked?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 01:29:01 pm »

Seems I was missed for the waitlist, something wrong with the application, or just overlooked?
Human error.

Waiting on Cheesecake.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »

Fixed! :D

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2013, 03:35:35 pm »

Thank yah. This game definitely looks interesting, never tried a "GUNINgame." Also never saw a true-blue horror game on here that isn't something about zombies in some form, and more of an acton-comedy type thing, although that may be result of me mostly being in the RTD sub-forum and only small amount of time spent on the board.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2013, 03:38:19 pm »

Thank yah. This game definitely looks interesting, never tried a "GUNINgame." Also never saw a true-blue horror game on here that isn't something about zombies in some form, and more of an acton-comedy type thing, although that may be result of me mostly being in the RTD sub-forum and only small amount of time spent on the board.
Definitely not an action-comedy, this game.

EDIT: The only semi-comedy game I've ever had is Clouded Fens.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »

"No bindings can hold me! "

Look for a way out. If no convenient way out, break down the wall where I weakened the chains.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2013, 05:47:00 pm »

Cheesecake
You walk over to the cell door across from you and look it over. There's a handle and a lock on this side, and a small peep-hole for guards to peer through. You try to pull the door open, but, unsurprisingly, its locked.

You start digging at the part of the wall where your chains used to be. After several minutes of hard work you manage to make the hole about a foot wide, and several inches deep. You take a short break and sit down, inspecting your hands. They're covered in small cuts from clawing at the mortar.

Ross Vernal
You turn away from the door, barely standing on its own, and move over to inspect one of the walls. As you pass through the shaft of light to get to it, your skin begins to tingle. The sensation fades quickly as you pass back into the shadow, but it does strike you as rather curious. You walk back to the middle of the room and hold your bare hand within the light. The tingling feeling returns, and quickly grows more intense. The space around your hand grows dim, forming a sort of bubble of darkness around it. After a few minutes of doing this you feel extremely clear-headed, and almost energetic. Its almost as if the light was nourishing you.. Catch levelled up.

You take a break from standing in the light to think about what the hell just happened, and search around for a loose stone. You kick around a few pebbles before finding a small, fist-sized chunk of rock and pick it up. You smash the rock against a particularly cracked portion of the cell wall. You manage to break a few chips out of the hard stone before you misjudge a swing and the rock cracks in half, smashing your hand in the process. You shake your bruised fingertip and try looking for another rock, but you can't find any that are big enough to continue your efforts of breaking through the wall.

scapheap
You yank on the chains as hard as you can, repeatedly, but they don't budge. You look back at the key, lying only just out of your reach.

Dwarmin
You give the chain another good tug and it comes free. You hold up the end of the anchor and, brushing away the powdery chunks of mortar adhering to the metal, see the four rusted driving pins used to secure it to the wall. You inspect the other two anchor points for your right wrist and waist, and find evidence of similar damage, though not enough to simply pull them free as you did before. You feel the stone around the wall and your hand comes away wet. Water is running down the wall from somewhere up above.

Zako
You ease the slat to one side and you wince as it squeaks loudly in protest. You press your eyes to the opening and peer outside. You can see a cell door identical to yours just across from you, and you can just barely make out another on either side of that one. The hall is dimly lit by white light pouring in from somewhere high above, just like the interior of your cell.

You step away from the slat, not wanting to make any more noise by trying to close it, and start running your hands over the walls of your cell, searching for something out of place. You finally give up after several minutes of this. There must be some other solution.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Tired, cut hands
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Items: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - adds an amount of magical energy to your punches, increasing their force; slight fatigue

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Bruised finger
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient
Items: Thin Lockpick
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Items: None.
Known Magicks: Repel I - push the air around you away, causing a momentary light breeze; negligible fatigue loss

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient
Items: Lucky Coin

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient
Items: Sturdy Lockpick
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:34:18 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »

You have Health under your characters now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2013, 05:55:37 pm »

(I seem to of been given the same line as last turn, word for word)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 06:31:37 pm »

Feel around to see if there is dirt near you.  Spit into the dirt to make it mud and then use your power to move the mud around the key and knock the key towards you.

Actually you can move air not mud, so even better I guess.  Use air to push the key towards you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:37:43 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2013, 07:01:24 pm »

SONOFABIIIII-

I opened my mouth to continue the profanity very loudly, but remember the sudden unwelcome noise, think about it for a second, and then shut my mouth. After taking a few moments to curse quietly while shaking the finger in question, I decided to take off my shirt and drop the rock parts inside it in an attempt to fashion a crude sap.  I examine the door to see if it can be pried off / lockpicked, and then do so if at all possible.

I also decided to make a contingency plan to yell profanity if nether action works.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »

(I seem to of been given the same line as last turn, word for word)
WHUPS.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2013, 07:17:53 pm »

Fixed your turn scap. :)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:01 pm »

Still trying to figure out what being proficient in survival is supposed to mean.. I'll probably change that at some point. Maybe it just means you don't need to eat as much and/or you'll recover fatigue more quickly.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2013, 09:59:59 pm »

((I like to think of it as finding and using the stuff you need to live in a somewhat hostile environment. Like making a fire, finding food, water and shelter. Stuff like that.))

Edwin took a few steps back from the walls and let out a small sigh. Well, the walls seem out of the question. Which leaves only one other way...

Turning to look at the doorway again, he reconsidered it and took a closer look at the door, especially the hinges and surrounding rock. He also tried to inspect what he could see from the viewing slot more closely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43