Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44203 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

He raises an eyebrow and your heart sinks. Yer clever, I'll give you tha', but I inna handin' yah anythin' until you get me out. But if you do figger somefin', the whole lot o' yeh can have the pick of the lot, then we'll all feck off together. See me? He holds up his hands helplessly. I'll be here until yeh be thinkin' o' somethin'. He disappears back down the tunnel, probably to get his stool.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:05 pm »

Tali grunted, but she wasn't slighted-he had still proved he had his strong Dwarven spirit, stubborn to the point of possibly waiting in a tiny forge for an eternity, rather than give out his weapons for 'free'. She'd have probably done the same in his position.

Action: Inform everyone of these goings on, assuming they didn't figure it out already.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2013, 02:00:23 pm »

Edwin just gives the orb a silent glare before speaking.

"I don't believe I've ever heard of you before."

And then he promptly walks off to investigate the rest of the hall.

Search the rest of the hall for stuff that we could use!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2013, 04:38:02 pm »

Go to Tali and whoever she's talking with. After Tali fills me in, ask Balthorne what it would take to dispel the barrier.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »

Kaltukk walks up to Tali. Tali fills him in. Balthorne introduces himself and oh yeah he's a god or something hey don't talk like I'm not here. When the orc asks Balthorne if there's some way to free the dwarf, who has meanwhile been listening intently from the doorway, he grumbles that he could dispel the barrier, but he'd require a sacrifice.

What kind of sacrifice? Something of great personal value, preferably something that would make you cry. The item itself is inconsequential.

Search the rest of the hall for stuff that we could use!
You can't find any other items that happen to be supplied gratis. Woe is thy visage!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2013, 07:14:37 pm »

I stood around uselessly, listened, and then paced, whistled something that resembled music. Sure was a lot of magic around here. Sure didn't like that very much. But I would like a real sword, not some dull tourney blade.  I came to a halt, looked at my fellow inmates, and grinned.

"So... let me get this straight. We - as in, you guys - killed a giant worm, which we are planning on eating. There is a crazy old dwarf. The Creepy Doom Orb, a tiny bronze amnesiac, and... oh, what am I missing. No offense in advance: A talkative dwarf woman, an honorable orc, an elf thief, a... sorry, lady, I don't really know enough about you yet, and an assassin with a vendetta against any and all gods who inflicted this on us all. Together, we are the best of friends, seeking to escape from a jailing we all probably deserve anyway."

I took a deep breath.

"Doesn't this seem a little bit much against us? It's one thing to wake up in jail... not... uh, that I would know... aaanyway, this took some planning. It took effort. And someone with a taste for dungeon decor. Who's got it in for us? I mean, I may have killed people with money and power, but I've never killed anyone related to this much money and power. I think. I mean, you really go to the high-end killers... nevermind. Just... this. Bad. In general. In... case you didn't know."

I gestured about the whole area as I spoke, indicating what "this" meant.

"Also, have I mentioned I hate the gods yet? Because I do. If we ever get out of here I'm retiring a dishonest man and becoming an atheist priest."

[Action: Fail Miserably At Pep Talk, Ramble Like A Dumbass]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2013, 07:34:36 pm »

You bungle your pep talk like a champ, looking like a true ignoramus as you do so. However, you brought up a few interesting points, you tell yourself. Who would have the resources to imprison six specific people like thi- Wait. There were hundreds of cells back there, and you remember most of them being full (though most of the occupants were either recently dead or unconscious) so it was likely just indiscriminate capture rather than a targeted attack. The fact that none of you have anything in common lends to this conclusion. But once again, the sheer number of prisoners, and the fact that you haven't seen any real guards yet (this scares you. either it means the guy who runs this place is a chump or he's got more people to guard than he has guards) lends to the idea that this is a serious operation.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:07 pm »

Edwin thinks about what was just said for a few moments and an idea pops into his head.

"Hey, self professed godly orb. Can you tell us why we are in here?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:47 pm »

Edwin thinks about what was just said for a few moments and an idea pops into his head.

"Hey, self professed godly orb. Can you tell us why we are in here?"
He grunts. It's not so simple as that fool elf. Do I know why you're here? Of course, I see all. Can I tell you? No. Why not? Well, because the price is too high, even for you supposedly heroic mortals. I also enjoy watching you squirm and fumble about in the dark. It is most entertaining.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:01:26 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

[Can I hear the Doom Orb? Because Vlad has snark to make at it after that comment.]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2013, 12:20:53 am »

I gave up on keeping track of where you guys actually are. I know where you all are at all times in my head, but it's impossible for me to communicate that for multiple characters without constant updates, and it would be a complete waste of time. So short answer: yes.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2013, 01:24:37 am »

"Hey, Mister Doom God-Orb , if you see all, can you imagine where I'm hoping to shove you if you don't become helpful?"

Does the orb even have a sense of smell? Not that the place in question will be less effective any other way...

I added, "So... this has "obviously evil" written all over it and I'm pretty sure those kinds of things aren't part of a successful jailbreak," - I put my finger to my lips and smiled, then shook my head, shrugged, and continued - "That being said: something of personal value? How about a used dignity? Can I trade in part of my conscience? How about, again, no offense, but we just ask the dwarf guy to give something up for his freedom?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2013, 01:26:47 am »

If you're offering your soul, I'll gladly accept that as payment. The dwarf begins to look uncomfortable. He glances backwards at the tunnel behind him.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:10:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:45 am »

"Yeaaaah, that's not going to happen. And if we did want to know why we are here, what exactly would the price be anyway? Just curious..." Edwin replied to the orb.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

What if we, as a party, promise the orb to slay foul creatures for their souls and in turn get wishes according to the amount of souls we steal.

Yes, I'm turning this orb into my personal Frostmourne.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43