Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44210 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2013, 06:45:00 am »

The orb laughs raucously as you walk over to find the source of the voice. Excellent! Once again you defy my expectations! This pleases me greatly, orc. You please me very much indeed. I have decided that I will continue to allow you to continue to bear me, mortal. This should prove to be a most amusing series of events. Bring me before all the members of your party so that they may all know my presence! You approach Edwin, who appears to have found a friend of his own. He stands up, brushing the bone dust from his clothing and introduces you to Roaken. Before the small statue is even finished talking he- GREETINGS MORTAL! I am Balthorne, God of Misfortune! Though in your puny Elvish tongue you may also know me as the Lord of the Forsaken! No no, you need not bow before me, but you will show me all the proper respect that a deity is due! The three of you are less than impressed by the flashing orb's callous ruminations.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2013, 06:48:48 am »

((OOC/In case it was missed...))

"Lucky I don't take offense to that, longears." She says, but in good humor. She cracks her knuckles, and draws her shivered spear-

Action: Preparing to enter the tiny door.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2013, 06:58:20 am »

I was writing that one just now, actually. Plus Ross'.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2013, 07:23:10 am »

Action: Preparing to enter the tiny door.
You open the door and look inside. Its a long tunnel with a bright light at the end. You think you can hear singing at the end. Sounds like.. A mining song?!

Amended action: flip the fuck out for a moment at the random voice from nowhere and the whole "speaking to the doom artifact" then rig up intestine sack storage after rationalizing it as "I hate the gods so much."
You grumble momentarily about all the bloody noise then try to slice up some intestines. No sooner have you sunk your blade into the organ than a foul odour enters your nostrils. Your eyes water and you turn away, choking on the rank smell. Once your stomach settles you give it another try, this time with a cloth over your mouth. Its agonising and utterly repulsive, and you get faeces all over your hands and fingers, but you manage to free two large pieces of intestinal tissue and clean them off. New Skill: Butchering.

You take a few sharp twigs and sort of pin the ends together to form a sort of pouch. Yeah that doesn't work.. After a few tries and having to ask Claire for help, the two of you manage to fashion a backpack from the pieces of intestine and a few strips of cloth.. Gross..

Squishy Backpack fashioned! Claire - Skill Up!: Butchering, Cloth Work

Claire helps you pull the backpack on, then she loads the wurm meat carefully into it. Hey! This thing's actually pretty sturdy! The backpack is completely filled by the meat, but you can still move normally and carry other things in your clothes.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Inventory: Balthorne

Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies
---

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Inventory - Squishy Backpack: 15x wurm meat

Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling, Butchering Dabbling
Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger
---

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Inventory: Empty

Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Skilled, Cloth Work Skilled
Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Bloody Cobblestone

Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
---

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Inventory: Roaken, Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff

Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Magicks: N/A
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:30:24 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:07 am »

Updated everyone's inventories. Changed Claire's Cloth Mending skill to Cloth Work. Everyone who was carrying rocks discarded them.

EDIT: You'll notice, Ross, that next to your Inventory it shows the backpack you have equipped.

EDIT: EDIT: Reorganised the order of tabs in inventories. Basically cleaned up to make it easier to read at a glance.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:13:50 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2013, 08:09:48 am »

Tali blinks thrice, the harsh light leading a visual assault on her eyes. Even her Dwarven eyes are not accustomed to the constant murk they've been casting around in.

She puts her hands on her hips for a moment, thinking.

~Well, ain't this nice and cozy. Hope this fellers friendly, though I doubt it. Might be a trick. Seems what else would make me want to go down here but this. Lucky or no, I'm going...~ She thinks, padding forward, spear (or rock?) ready.

Action: Try to find the source of the song!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:19:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2013, 08:46:00 am »

You head down the tunnel, and emerge into a bright, cozy room filled with a comforting layer of warmth. A dwarven man wearing an apron is bent over an anvil, banging away at a bright red chunk of metal with a large hammer he wields in his large, gloved hands. You notice a furnace in the corner, burning brightly, as well as several chests, barrels, racks, shelves and benches, all covered in tools, weapons, armours and raw metal. The dwarven man turns suddenly, plunging the blade he was working into a trough of water with a drawn out hiss. He withdraws it, still humming his mountain tune, and as he inspects the metal he finally notices you. He jumps, throwing his tongs and the unfinished blade aside and pulling a bearded war axe from a massive holster hanging from one of the benches. He brandishes it and splutters angrily, his beard twitching. Just who do you think you are?! Sneaking up on a man while he works his trade? Eh? Go on! Speak up lass! I haven't all day!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:48:12 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2013, 09:00:08 am »

Introduce Balthorne to all the party members.

Ask Balthorne:

• What else can you do, besides granting wishes?
  • Is this your form, or are you trapped in this orb?
  • Did you have any influence on us being imprisoned here?
  • Can you teach us magic?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:02 am »

Tali didn't have a beard, but her hair seemed to stand on end like an angry cat.

"D'you ken mah ragged clothes and bleeding arse cobblestone, idjit? Aye, get a good look, ya tosser-I've got a good build, huh? I'm not here to sell you a bloody lap dance. Tho, I'd probably give you one if you had a nice mug of ale for me.

I'm a former prisoner of yer wonderful dungeon-recently self liberate'd and enjoying fancy freedom. Names Tali Bluestone. And, I don't have all day either.

To belabor tha obvious, why are you here, and what is this place? Why'd they bring me here?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2013, 07:30:57 am »

I dinna fecking know!! Look lass I don' claim to have any more knowledge than you do when it comes to this here dungeon.. He puts the axe away, seeming to relax a bit more. This is me forge, obviously, an' mah name's Cubark. He sighs. I work metal, that's all. Okay? I don't even know why I'm down here.. He plops down on a stool. His beard droops and he suddenly looks utterly miserable. Did yeh notice the door? Yah I'm sure yeh did. No respectable dwarf would have one of those pieces o' shite corking up their home. It's enchanted. While its there I.. I can't leave..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2013, 07:54:57 am »

"Well, it was a bloody pathetic door. How'd you live down here? Even A Dwarf can't eat coal and drink slag...thouga I kenna you sleep on yer forge, like my pa did...

Anyway, why can't ya leave? I'm sure ya took yer weapons to it? Chopped at it some? Dug around the foundations? How does it keep you here?

Wots up with it all...and oy, I best not be trapped with you here now...bloody magic doors..."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2013, 10:23:35 am »

I've been down here for some three years now. The hunger gnaws at me belly, but I don't die. I still need to sleep though, and as far as I know I still bleed. I haven't gone mad enough to try killin' meself jus' yet.

Yeh think I haven't tried all that by now? I've got plenty of flamin' tools and heat, but nothing ever works! At least not from the inside. I'd ask you to try, but me pride prevents me.
He scratches his nose. Plus you're kinna a bitch.

Prolly not, though I've never exactly had visitors. You're the first.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2013, 10:45:04 am »

He scratches his nose. Plus you're kinna a bitch.

"Been called worse by better, grumpy. Yer gonna regret that if'n we spend the next thousand years trapped inna this little room together.

I've been told I snore.

So, hey-letta's go see if tha door will open ta Tali's womanly-touch. Maybe they just cursed ya and I don't got it on me. At least I hope mah 'pals' are on the other end still, they'll think it a bit odd if I never come outta here."
She said padding back toward the hall.

Action: Go check if the door will open for me?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2013, 11:01:57 am »

The dwarven smith shrugs and then follows you to the end of the tunnel. You turn the knob and open the door, then walk outside. When Cubark tries to follow you however, he's repulsed, and pushed back inside. Shit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »

Tali looks back at the repulsed Smith.

"Well...darn. Don't feel right about just leaving ya in there...being a proper Dwarf and all...but, I don't know how to get ya out..."

A cunning look flashes in Tali's eyes. "Way I figures it, you need me and I need you. I'm out here, and as ya can see, I've got a shiny rock for a weapon and ragged clothes what show my baps. Yer stuck in there, with nothing to do but make armor and weapons fer the rest of forever. Probably some sort of bad joke, arse who locked you in will just steal yer steel, once he gets bored watching you run around in the cage..

Ya can't get out from yer own power. But, I can help ya...

Whoever put ya in here is apt to be the only person to know how to get ya out-maybe by cutting the cursed blighters head off, ya kennit? And if I find em, that's what I'll do. Problem being, Ol' Shiny here aint the best weapon for the job, though a cobblestone has it's uses, there's apt to be more blighters in my way than I can bash on. Not even remotely bloody useful if I get skewert without a patch of armor on, either.

Ya catch mah drift, Cubark? Ya can help us, and I can help you. I won't twist yer arm-we've got some fresh Wurm meat off the bone, so to speak, and even if ya don't have to eat I'm sure yer want to...we can make a trade deal, eh? I'd wanna roast it over yer forge, even. Smell really great, I'd imagine. I'm not sure what yer supplies are looking like, but we could bring you back some stuff to work on if you're running. What else you got to do?

So even if I bite the bucket down this hallway, y'ell have something to show for it. Whaddya say to that, laddie buck?"
She said, with a widening smile.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43