Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 43976 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »

Name: Durmar Vorboksson
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: A stocky man, even for a dwarf, Durmar has brown curly hair tied back in a ponytail, revealing suntanned skin and piercing blue eyes. He has a broad nose and a bushy mustache to match his eyebrows. Stubble grows upon his cheeks. He's relatively fit, and thanks to his vocation has more than his fair share of scars.
Profession: Durmar used to be a wealthy merchant before his products - various explosives - were used to assassinate many members of the nobility. Shamed and shunned by the rest of dwarven society, Durmartook up the only vocation available for pariahs such as himself - that of a DeathSeeker. These dwarfs take up their weapon of choice and wander the world, killing every enemy they see until they die in combat to atone for their sin.
Skills: Expert Fighter
Item: A sharpened rock
Magical Potential: Yes, though he doesn't know it.
Spell: Healing: Durmar can (for now) dull his pain, and at higher levels he could seal wounds, stop bleeding, and (at ludicrous/master level) regenerate severed limbs, along with other healing stuff, such as restoring stamina, etc.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:36:15 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 07:13:33 pm »

Waitlist :S

A GUNIN game, with a touch of Dwarmin :P Yay for missing it >_>

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 07:34:16 pm »

There's such a thing as a GUNIN game? *fistpump*

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 07:37:04 pm »

Yes. It tends to be a game with an exceedingly interesting setting with many secrets, with an IronyOwlish tendency to shut down early.
Though if they make it through the first few days, they're generally good.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »

Yes. It tends to be a game with an exceedingly interesting setting with many secrets, with an IronyOwlish tendency to shut down early.
Though if they make it through the first few days, they're generally good.
I've since gotten much better at writing. A can bust out multiple paragraphs in only half an hour now if I really focus, and I can keep from going back through each sentence to make it sound better.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 07:45:37 pm »

I see a Warhammer fan amongst us. Waitlist application.
Spoiler: Girus Nor (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »

I see a Warhammer fan amongst us. Waitlist application.
Gotek and Felix FTW.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 07:52:38 pm »

Cheesecake
You rise slowly, a strange sensation coming over you. Power floods through your veins and fury fills your heart. You let out a low growl and strain against the bindings, muscles controrted, features twisting with pain and effort. The metal slowly weakens with a high-pitched groan, and you labor all the harder, sweat pouring down your body. You snap the chains with a yell and yank part of the wall down with them. You stand in the middle of the cell, panting. You feel exhausted after all that effort, but determination swells within your breast, and the feeling soon passes. You snapped either of the chains anchoring your wrists to the wall at the middle, and pulled the one securing the waist band out entirely. You decide to wrap them around your arms and torso until you can find a way to unlock them.

Ross Vernal
You continue humming as you pop your restraints off one by one. That wasn't so hard. You rise, stretching as you do so and taking a deep, satisfied breath of air. You immediately regret it as the stench of rotting flesh and must fills your lungs, and you begin coughing and swearing loudly. You're interrupted by an earthshaking roar from behind your cell door. The door shakes as something massive pounds against it, and you stand helplessly as the stone around it cracks and the hinges begin to loosen. This goes on just until you think your number is up, when it quite abruptly ceases, to your relief and surprise. You take a few tentative steps towards the battered and dented door and listen hard. Nothing.

scapheap
You crawl towards the small, golden object and your restraints soon grow taut. You reach for what you can now see to be a key with a single-tooth, standing improbably on one end where it lodged in a crack between two stones. You stretch as far as you can but your fingertips are only just brushing against the smooth, dully shining key.

Dwarmin
You sit up, tugging at the chains in turn. Dust falls from the anchor securing your left cuff to the wall, and you pull on it again. The rock around it begins to crumble.

Zako
You decide now is the best time to leave, and take one end of your lockpick and jam it into the keyhole on your chains. You spend several minutes jimmying it before you finally hear a dull click. Your heart soars as the cuff slips from your wrist and you switch hands, doing the same with the opposite cuff, as well as with the thick band of metal wrapped about your waist. You get to your feet, rubbing your skin where the chains chafed against you, and take a close look at your cell. The walls and floor are constructed of large stones, rather sloppily you might add. The stone has cracked in some places and you could easily pull fist-sized chunks from the walls with little effort. Your chains lie behind you. Three seperate ones, for your wrists and torse. Obviously the intent was for you to be unable to lie down, but the chains themselves are much too long, to your dubious pleasure. You turn your attention to the door, and are disappointed to find that there is no visible handle or lock on this side. You run your hands over the surface. Its wrought from thick metal, as roughly worked as everything else in this place, and is tall enough to accomodate the average human, about six feet tall. A small slat for guards to peer through is set at about eye level. You can open it from this side.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Items: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - adds an amount of magical energy to your punches, increasing their force; slight fatigue

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient
Items: Thin Lockpick
Known Magicks: Catch I - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; does not cause fatigue

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Items: None.
Known Magicks: Repel I - push the air around you away, causing a momentary light breeze; negligible fatigue loss

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient
Items: Lucky Coin

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient
Items: Sturdy Lockpick

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 08:43:42 pm »

When the pounding started, I almost found a time and place to take care of business. Note to self: ohshitohshitohshit. Fortunately for me, the blind panic prevented both said accident and a high-pitched shriek. After taking a few moments to breathe deeply, followed by immediate regret for such an action, I returned to my senses and decided to look around for a rock to make into a weapon.

Not that a rock's gonna save me from whatever THAT was, but maybe I can chip a tooth before it eats me?

I briefly glanced up at the light, and tried to see how much energy I could siphon from it while still searching.

I have got to stop getting in these situations. They just keep getting worse. 1 out of 5 stars, would not be incarcerated again.

More toneless, quiet humming as I mentally snark to myself to keep my cool. After the search, I decide to pick my way out.

[Question: are we dressed?]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »

[Question: are we dressed?]
Just rags and chains. Except Kaltukk. He's shirtless. And super ripped.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:03:54 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »

((Gonna change writing styles for something easier, as well as something that doesn't use constant italics.))

Movement, and not a moment too soon! Edwin was glad to be able to walk wherever he wanted again, as he safely tucked away his lockpick into it's hiding spot. Now, it was time to get out of this cell, but the door looked like trouble. Still, he could at least peek outside to look for trouble.

Carefully and slowly slide the slot open, so to not alert anything outside, and peek outside my cell.

Then, he could get to work on escaping. Maybe the walls have the answer?

Check all the walls for hollow spaces behind them. If I find one that sounds right, start pulling out rocks to make a passage.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 10:57:07 pm »

Wait list please. :D
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 11:36:19 pm »

wait list for me as well
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 01:27:21 am »

Action: Continue pulling on the left cuff!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 01:27:27 am »

The chains ratted, reminding me of their damn existing. The key was just barely out of reach, Maybe I could loosed one of them from the wall to give me a little more room to grab the key.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43