Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44180 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Eat the Giga Wurm! D:
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2013, 03:20:36 am »

Tali eyes her piece of wurm-meat. Nummy. Now they needed a fire...and some salt would be nice. Strip it into jerky, they might actually survive this thing.

"Aye, who made this door, a bloody halfling?" She said, tapping on it. When it didn't explode and nothing leaped out (maybe) she smiled.

She didn't much about wood, except it came from trees or giant mushrooms. It could tell her a bit about the construction of the place, if she knew which.

Action: Open the wooden door and search inside. Also, what wood is the door made out of?

Also, Tali is now on the lookout for any saltrocks and flintrocks she might see in the caverns.

((OOC: You guys might be able to fashion meatbags from the wurms skin, or stomach/intestine lining. The latter is also edible! :3))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:52:30 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2013, 05:50:57 am »

Talk back to the orb and ask some things: who are you? Who made you? What is it you want?

By the way, I still don't have a tooth.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2013, 06:02:05 am »

Talk back to the orb and ask some things: who are you? Who made you? What is it you want?

By the way, I still don't have a tooth.
I know. I'll do it later.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:52 am »

The voice tuts. Ah ah ah! So many questions! Not so fast though, you still haven't answered mine. What if I could grant you a single wish? Anything you desire, I can make it so. Would you be interested in such a thing?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2013, 09:11:47 am »

Perhaps. And what is it you wish Orb?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: Talking Heads
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2013, 09:20:09 am »

Straight to the point I see.. He chuckles. I like that! Well, for every wish I grant, a price must be paid.  Ask your wish, then I will name the price. Its as simple as that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2013, 09:23:07 am »

Hm. What will it take for you to show us the exit?
Dying of laughter?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2013, 10:02:06 am »

One of your friends has already discovered it. Is this really all you can come up with? I was under the impression that you were somewhat more imaginative than most of your brother orcs. Was I mistaken?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2013, 10:03:50 am »

I just HATE when heroes get to do whatever they want without consequences.
2. Remember Dwarmin's explanation? Only because of his RP and Zako's killing the wurm only two turns after the orc was swallowed is Kaltukk still alive. They're being rewarded for good dwarven RP.

I do still love what you're doing.
2. What do you mean, precisely?
1. Kaltukk practically committed suicide.  He was eaten by a carnivorous worm, which somehow didn't kill him.  He then was apparently unconscious  in the wurm's stomach for about twenty minutes, somehow avoiding being sliced open by Zako and Tali's blades the whole time, until magically waking up in time to walk out of the wurm.

Should people that die expect to be brought back to life if they die within two turns of the encounter ending?
If people RP well, should we treat them as immortal?
And if you could answer my other questions.

2. This general game is cool.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:07:36 am by griffinpup »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2013, 10:16:43 am »

I just HATE when heroes get to do whatever they want without consequences.
2. Remember Dwarmin's explanation? Only because of his RP and Zako's killing the wurm only two turns after the orc was swallowed is Kaltukk still alive. They're being rewarded for good dwarven RP.

I do still love what you're doing.
2. What do you mean, precisely?
1. Kaltukk practically committed suicide.  He was eaten by a carnivorous worm, which somehow didn't kill him.  He then was apparently unconscious  in the wurm's stomach for about twenty minutes, somehow avoiding being sliced open by Zako and Tali's blades the whole time, until magically waking up in time to walk out of the wurm.
You don't die just because you get swallowed by something. The wurm didn't chew him, so it stands to reason he could've held his breath for five minutes while the wurm turned about, got jumped on, and subsequently stabbed to death. The wurm is big enough and the blade short enough that there isn't a chance in hell he would've been in danger of being cut. They were on its back, the stomach is near the bottom/middle of the creature. They didn't cut too far into it before it died. Not to mention he's an orc, which says a lot. They're much hardier than the average human, and that has been reflected multiple times throughout this game.

I'd really like to give you a good enough explanation, one that would satisfy you completely, I really would.

It wasn't a miracle. He was lucky. The circumstances conspired to create a situation in which his survival, while unlikely, was still possible, and I chose to allow him to survive in this case.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:18:34 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2013, 11:45:30 am »

Holding his breath implies being conscious, which implies the ability to take actions.  He was neither.  He also couldn't hold his breath for twenty regardless.

But the last sentence is what my major gripe is about.  In a 'situation in which survival, while unlikely, was still possible', you chose to save him.  With no punishment whatsoever for doing something that should of resulted in death.  Will you do this often? 

And this is what you did.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:56 am »

Holding his breath implies being conscious, which implies the ability to take actions.  He was neither.  He also couldn't hold his breath for twenty regardless.

But the last sentence is what my major gripe is about.  In a 'situation in which survival, while unlikely, was still possible', you chose to save him.  With no punishment whatsoever for doing something that should of resulted in death.  Will you do this often? 

And this is what you did.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina
If he was dead, I would have said so. Whenever someone dies in one of my games, you get a big fat you're dead, and if he had in fact been killed instantly, I would have told the next waitlisted person that they were in their cell. He didn't need to hold his breath for twenty minutes, it didn't take that long for the worm to be killed, thus giving him the chance to escape. I never said he couldn't take an action, everyone including Cheesecake just assumed he was dead, which is what I guessed you would all assume, thus I was skipping his turn without describing what he was going through in order to create this feeling that he was dead, so that it would be a surprise when he emerged unscathed. And I was right.

You did assume he was killed. You did fall for my trick. I didn't save him, he was never in danger (sorta. one more turn and he would've been dead). It wasn't a miracle. I never brought him back from the dead. You're the only one who thinks so.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:55:56 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2013, 12:07:05 pm »

[Look, dude, if you don't like it, run your own game and then you can kill your players in a way you think is realistic.

Can we drop this argument already?]

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2013, 01:04:47 pm »

But..
You stated that it took twenty minutes to kill the worm, implying that the orc came out after the worm stopped thrashing around.  You never prompted Cheesecake to give you a turn, and if I remember right you have done that before.  In fact, you DIDN'T UPDATE until you had everyone's turns EXCEPT Cheesecake's.  All of these things made it pretty clear that he was dead.  I have no idea what you do in your other games, though.  You seem to avoid answering questions.  Please stop that. 
Will you artificially keep your players alive through the means of deus ex machina?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2013, 01:20:02 pm »

But..
You stated that it took twenty minutes to kill the worm, implying that the orc came out after the worm stopped thrashing around.  You never prompted Cheesecake to give you a turn, and if I remember right you have done that before.  In fact, you DIDN'T UPDATE until you had everyone's turns EXCEPT Cheesecake's.  All of these things made it pretty clear that he was dead.  I have no idea what you do in your other games, though.  You seem to avoid answering questions.  Please stop that. 
Will you artificially keep your players alive through the means of deus ex machina?
Who's to say Kaltukk wasn't completely submerged the entire time? It probably took him a little while to get out of there. Once again, if he was dead, I would have removed his inventory from the updates and placed a new player's inventory and name in its place. I'm not loathe to kill my players, believe me. No I'm not going to answer your question, because I've never done anything of the sort. Now would you kindly get over yourself?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43