Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44167 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: Defeat the Giga Wurm!
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2013, 07:49:19 am »

((I'm pretty sure you want me to jump off so somebody can rhino the Wurm into one of the pillars, right? But that'd be pretty self explanatory, considered the resulting rock collapse would flatten half the party anyway...

Lucky this is an RP game, and cinematic moves win out over realistic ones. :P

Also, the wurm is about to get something like a sewing needle hammered into it's skin if I succeed. It may be small, but if that thing feels pain, it's about to get a bowlful. That can only help with the distraction.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2013, 08:06:15 am »

((I'm pretty sure you want me to jump off so somebody can rhino the Wurm into one of the pillars, right? But that'd be pretty self explanatory, considered the resulting rock collapse would flatten half the party anyway...))
I don't railroad, even if I really want something to happen, unless someone is being really stupid (whether they know it or not! :D). I never ever ever plan ahead on these things. I'm making it up per turn as I see fit, so whatever you guys decide to do, I'll be reacting to it.

I don't really like it when people say out loud what they think is going to happen, because sometimes I'll be writing the turn and it'll be exactly whats going to happen, so then I have to go back and delete everything and start over in order to foil everyone's expectations (that hasn't happened very often, and not once in this particular thread). Except sometimes I don't, if I can't think of anything better to have happen instead.

I don't really have a modus operandi. I just do it however I want while remaining within the flimsy boundaries that I have erected around myself in that particular game thread.

Off-T: Say, is my avatar rotating properly, or is it getting stuck on the same image? Refresh a couple times and make sure, if you would be so kind. I really want the thing to work, but I'm not sure if it is this time, or if its stuck on that image of a green-haired girl.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2013, 08:08:12 am »

((@Guin: All I see is purple haired girl, and the rest blank images))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2013, 08:09:07 am »

((@Guin: All I see is purple haired girl, and the rest blank images))
Bloody hell.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2013, 09:23:14 am »

"THIS WAY! LURE IT NEXT TO THE FALLEN PILLAR!" Edwin shouted as he led the way to the pillar, waving her to follow so to get her attention. He had the best weapon here against this creature, and he would need to move fast if he was going to put it to good effect. Now he had to trust Claire in what she needed to do.

Lead Claire towards the fallen pillar and climb ontop of it. Focus myself when I'm in position, and when the worm is passing, jump ontop of it and stab the creature with my blade. Then run down it's length while dragging my dagger through its flesh to create a MASSIVE slash and disembowel the beast!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2013, 08:07:25 am »

I will update soon!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2013, 02:58:37 am »

Wait, I can't update. I need scapheap and Ross' turns.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2013, 02:59:45 am »

Quick! Someone PM them!

Or

To the Delinquent Players Thread!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2013, 03:01:33 am »

Quick! Someone PM them!

Or

To the Delinquent Players Thread!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2013, 05:10:40 am »

Run toward the elf.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2013, 06:00:56 am »

Dwarmin
You try to lean down and use your rock to hammer the stub of the lance further in, but there aren't any handholds on the wurm's smooth wet skin, and you nearly lose your balance. Somehow you still manage to remain mounted.

scapheap
You run from the wurm toward Edwin, who you can see climbing on top of a nearby pillar. You ignore him and keep running. A few seconds later you hear the beast roar and turn. You stop running as you watch it struggle to throw Tali and Edwin from its back, but they hang on, stabbing it with the sword you found earlier.

Ross Vernal
---

Zako
You climb on top of the pillar as soon as Claire begins to near you. You leap just as the wurm passes, and land right on its back. You turn to face Tali and invert your sword, and together you drive it into the wurm's back. The wurm slows a bit, and roars angrily. You and Tali work the blade back and forth, widening the cut into a large gash. Blood pours from the wound and the wurm struggles helplessly, unable to dislodge you from its back. You and Tali hang on, stabbing at the wurm's guts, ripping and tearing at whatever either of you can get your hands on. After more than twenty minutes of this, the beast finally goes still.

You defeated the Giga Wurm!

Everyone gathers round the dead wurm. You're all thinking of Kaltukk, the poor bastard. Claire starts crying again, and Tali kicks at the beast's side. Edwin seems downcast, his eyes averted, and Vlad simply shakes his head.

Then the orc crawls out of the monster's mouth, covered in spit and digestive fluids. You all cheer and laugh, and the orc simply grimaces, his dripping arms held up as he tries to wipe the goo from his eyes.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Wet
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem, a few tiny rocks
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Dull Iron Bastard Sword
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Flimsy Leather Cuirass, Shivered Lance
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Bloody Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Health: Terrified, Panicking
Equipped: Rags, Rotten Leather Boots, Shattered Iron Shortsword, Sturdy Footman's Helm, Small Iron Buckler
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Coiled Iron Chain w/ Cuff, several small stones

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2013, 06:17:59 am »

Wipe slime off me. Contemplate how I survived. Rip out a tooth and use it as a dagger or sword (depending on its size) and wonder if the carapace would make good armor.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2013, 06:22:00 am »

Wipe slime off me. Contemplate how I survived. Rip out a tooth and use it as a dagger or sword (depending on its size) and wonder if the carapace would make good armor.
No carapace. Its just big and squishy. Like an earth worm. But yeah, you'll totally rip out one of his teeth next turn.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2013, 06:43:07 am »

"Y-you crazy, you know."

You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2013, 07:17:06 am »

Tali laughs, doing a Dwarven jig in the giant worms guts.

"...all right, I call dibs on prime cuts. Wurm meats tastiest in the end quarters, nice and chewy-it's tougher up front and softer in back. So if you want crunchy, look near the head, if you want savory, look near the back.

You can also eat their hearts and gizzards, mmmm. I mean plural, they've got a few. Foods for everyone, and I wish we had  fire going..."

"And if you're wondering why you didn't die, Orc, it's all in how the Wurm is built..."

She proceeds to show the group a minor anatomy lesson, walking the length of the wurm-explaining that despite the wurms ferocious 'teeth', it doesn't actually chew it's food with them.

"It uses these choppers to dig through dirt and soft rock. They're not really super sharp, but tough and hard to break. Wurms almost always swallow their food whole.

Good ol' Kaluktukk there got swallowed, and he hit this ugly thing here..."
She says, motioning to a large, deflated balloon like object.

"That's the Wurms 'crop', where it keeps the food it swallows. Let's call it Stomach One. Someone should take a look in there-stuff might be left behind from whoever it ate up before. Minerals and stuff stay here to get spit out, but the food gets sent on."

She moves on, pointing to a tough, sack like object trailing behind the crop. It was studded with tiny stone nubs on the inside.

"That's the gizzard. Kalukk was more or less okay unless he ran out of air until then, but the gizzard would have squashed him into wurm-jelly. It squeezes and crushes, suffocates and grinds you up."

And behind that, a bunch of...garish party streamers?

"And, that's the intestines. Also good eating, if you can stomach it, haha, you get it. Anyway that'd be the last stop for any productive meal of the wurm before your jelly gets turned into dirt, and passed out the rear end.

But, ey, turns out we're gonna eat you instead, huh you beastie?"
she said to the dead monster, kicking the wurm once more for good measure. And laughing, of course.

Action: Do a Dwarven victory jig!

And an overly long exposition on worm organs.

Then I'll find the tasty parts of the wurm...TALI HUNGRY! And gather some meat for everyone.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:01:40 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43