Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44128 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:35 pm »

Edwin frowned and gripped his chain and cuff tighter and began to swing it in a circle to build up momentum.

"Wonderful. The undead are always a bad sign of things to come. Still, this shouldn't be too bad."

Swing my chain in a few circles to build up speed and power, then smack an undead with the end of it while keeping my distance if possible. Work with Clair if I can.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2013, 12:18:25 am »

Party
Kaltukk charges forward with a mighty roar, his fists crunching into the nearest corpse's chest, shattering it utterly and sending the undead warrior sprawling to the floor. Another corpse is already upon him though, and the orc turns to fight it off. He grabs it by both wrists and bulls into it, slamming it against a nearby wall. The corpse continues to struggle steadily and after a few moments Kaltukk begins to feel his strength waning. He breaks into a sweat as he struggles to keep the slowly writhing corpse under control.

Meanwhile Vlad and Tali charge at the next closest corpse, the dwarf sweeping its legs out from under it with one rough swipe. The corpse's head whips downward, striking the hard ground with a sickening crack, and Tali grasps the back of its moaning head by whats left of its hair and smashes it against the ground viciously. It continues trying to push itself up however and Tali is forced to remain where she is to keep it from getting up again. She brings the brick down onto the back of his head until naught remains but a gooey pulp, but the corpse continues scrabbling clumsily at the stones and trying to get the angry dwarf off of his back.

Vlad, unable to see any way to help Tali in her current position, turns to find a different target. He quickly locates one, a shambling greyish-green corpse clad in nothing but a badly fastened, boiled leather cuirass and a small metal footman's cap with a short nose guard bolted on. He takes a swing with his sap, striking the former warrior dead in the skull, knocking the cap from its place on his crown and sending the corpse staggering backwards. It regains its balance and slowly continues its advance, oblivious of the fact that the entire left side of his head has been bashed in.

Clair, spotting a corpse closing in on Vlad as he tries to deal with his current foe, seizes the opportunity and grabs it from behind. The corpse, oblivious to her, keeps his attention on Vlad, arms still outstretched to grab him. She manages to get the corpse off balance and delivers a swift kick to the back of his legs, toppling him backwards. He hits the ground with a small oof, his slow mind seeming to finally notice Clair, and he wraps both of his arms around her right leg. The corpse is surprisingly strong, and Clair struggles to keep his open mouth away from her vulnerable calf.

Edwin waits for the others to close before bringing his chain and cuff up, twirling it over his head in large circles. He looks around for any more standing foes and, finding one, sends the chain whipping towards the corpse's head. The cuff at the end glances off of it, turning his head and tearing some skin off but doing nothing to slow its approach. He glances at Clair and notices her fighting off a corpse that has immobilised her. The corpse he is currently fighting is heading towards Tali however, and she doesn't see it coming as she tries to kill the one she's already beating on.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Weak
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Crude Sap (shirt with rocks in it)
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Chain and Cuff
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:21:19 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:56 am »

How fast are they?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2013, 12:30:58 am »

How fast are they?
Pretty slow. They shuffle. Can hardly lift their legs.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2013, 12:50:02 am »

"Guys, I suggest we employ the famed Assassin's Special."

I backed away from the corpse, winding up for another strike.

"Run."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2013, 01:22:45 am »

"Hey what, we're winning aren't we? Well, I'm winning, not sure about you lot!" Tali hmphs, giving the twitchy and bashed corpse a swift kick, before moving to help Claire. Vlad was right, though-once you immobilized the buggers, there was no reason to keep bashing on em. They could probably just walk away nice and slow without any difficult, pick em off one at a time.

"Oy, away from the redhead, you git." She says, bringing her brick down on it's bony wrists with a maniacal grin.

Action: Disengage from my current corpse I'm on.

Then break the zombies head that's holding Claire! If the group decides to retreat, help her up and slowly amble down the hallway with the rest of them.

OOC: @Guin/It's unclear in my turn. Is the zombie I'm wailing on without a head and still 'alive'? :P
Also, can we get some numbers? Say, how many critters are left and how damaged they are? I think two people are grappled?

I hate guessing games...

But from what I can see.

The Orc one shotted an undead and is now trying to strangle another zombie. Somehow.
Vlad did some damage.
Clair knocked a zombie prone then then got snagged
I knocked a zombie prone and did heavy damage, but it's still moving?
The Elf performed a fancy yet useless spin attack maneuver!

That leaves five zombies
Two are up and about
One is being grappled, one is doing the grappling
And two are knocked down.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:11 am »

A zombie that on the ground. Only one thing to do.

Stomp it's head in with the other foot.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2013, 01:31:46 am »

OOC: @Guin/It's unclear in my turn. Is the zombie I'm wailing on without a head and still 'alive'? :P
Also, can we get some numbers? Say, how many critters are left and how damaged they are? I think two people are grappled?

I hate guessing games...

But from what I can see.

The Orc one shotted an undead and is now trying to strangle another zombie. Somehow.
Vlad did some damage.
Clair knocked a zombie prone then then got snagged
I knocked a zombie prone and did heavy damage, but it's still moving?
The Elf performed a fancy yet useless spin attack maneuver!

That leaves five zombies
Two are up and about
One is being grappled, one is doing the grappling
And two are knocked down.
Its perfectly alive, and actively trying to get you off of him now. All he can do is grab you now, but you'd practically have to step on him first, since he can't see or hear anything.

Kaltukk is wrestling with the other zombie, and losing, since he used so much gosh darn magic. He has him by both wrists and is pinning him against a wall.

Your zombie count is correct.

All of you have only got foot wrappings on, by the way.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2013, 01:38:04 am »

(I once broke a watermelon barefooted, I remember reading somewhere that were similar to human heads in density.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2013, 01:39:50 am »

(I once broke a watermelon barefooted, I remember reading somewhere that were similar to human heads in density.)
I never said anything about breaking skulls, just that you're not wearing anything substantial on your feet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2013, 01:46:11 am »

((@Scap: Just break it's hands off you in a wristlock. I'll use my rock to smash it's face.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2013, 01:46:52 am »

((He's saying, watch out for bone fragments.))

"Tali! There's one coming for you! Watch out!" Edwin quickly shouted as he moved in with his chain. Using it as a weapon was ineffective against the undead, but he could still use it to restrain one of them...

He rushed forward to knock over the corpse approaching Tali and quickly wrap his chain around it's limbs and pull them behind it's back, cuffing the chain to keep it in place and disable the creature. Then he could go help poor Kaltukk by helping him throw the undead to the ground, so he can back off to safety.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:56:01 am by Zako »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2013, 02:03:11 am »

Oh yeah, just found an awesome picture that will totally help me illustrate just how tall that hallway is. It looks like this, except without the eyeball, of course, and not as narrow.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:11:50 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:23 am »

Tali's head angled to one side, watching the ugly bugger stumble toward her like a Dwarf drunk on Munday morning.

"Yeah, yeah. Take care of it why don't ya?"

((Also, in retrospect, maybe everyone should grabbed a heavy rock at some point? :P ))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2013, 05:42:42 am »

Bite the zombie that I'm wrestling, then try to walk away to a safe spot while being wary of the undead.

((Darn, if I keep overusing my magic I'm going to be the first one to die.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43