Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: ~You are Trapped~ *Magic!* *Adventure!*  (Read 44105 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: You are Trapped: A Horror RPG
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2013, 10:55:37 am »

No update till tomorrow, so RP a bit more! :D

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2013, 01:31:15 pm »

Edwin pauses in his work for a moment to look up at Tali as she talks.

"It's been many years and I still find that dwarves like to make trouble over the smallest things, or simply make a big deal out of them. It just boggles the mind that this still carries on for over 1000 years.

... And instead of trying to break the lock of the chest, has anyone gone for the hinges instead? Or used acid or magic on the locking mechanism? Used magic on the chest and simply told it to unlock itself, or even just looked for a key? 'Cause it sounds like to me, that you lot seem to go to a lot of effort doing something one way above all else, when there may be other ways that are just as viable."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »

"Pff, your kind always get things backwards...list'n." Tali explains carefully. "The lock is the real test. Surmounting the lock is what really matters. Opening the chest doesn't. I mean, it's just a box. We know there's nothing inside, but an old Dwarfs bones.

The only prize you get is what it means to you-which, I suppose, is knowing you've done the best you can. The effort is the only thing that matters-it is it's own reward, and all a true Dwarf really wants in their life.

But your kind, hah! Always looking for a way around. An inside straight. A shortcut...

Then again, that's why they say Dwarves came from stone."

Tali didn't add the usual 'and men came from mud' to the line, but it was hanging there unsaid.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2013, 02:57:07 pm »

"I propose a new point of order: seriously, screw the gods."

I was vaguely grumpy. Obviously.

"Also, perhaps we should seek some sort of killing implements? I mean, we have my sap, chains, and our favorite Orc can rip someone's limb off and then beat them with it, but... I'm more of a fan of something sharp and pointy?"

I had this sinking feeling that I was going to have to violate the number one rule of surviving whatever situation one was thrust into: don't be a hero.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »

"We may get things backwards, but at least we branch out in different ways. I think that always looking for another way to do things is better than being thick headed enough to keep trying the same thing all the time." Edwin casually replies. "If you were told the only way to get past a wall was to go through a locked door, would you always keep trying to get past that door?

An elf, on the other hand, would not only try to pass the door but look for other ways to get past the wall, like climbing over it or simply going around, and also question the point of getting past said wall to determine if it's worth the time and effort in the first place. But I can appreciate where it's not the reward at the end that's the point, but the journey itself and that kind of thing, but I personally think it's a bit of a waste of time."

He glances back over his shoulder to the human for a moment when he pipes up, obviously grumpy.

"I would also like something nice and sharp to have with me. Beating something to death is all well and good, but it lacks finesse and its loud and messy. We'll have to keep an eye out anything of use. Some decent clothes would also be nice."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »

"I'd like a nice spear or halberd. Something I can set my feet in the ground, and anyone who gets close finds themselves skewer't...

I once had a spear shaped like a dragons claw. Really pretty, made by the Mountain Elves-the only bleeding lot of Tallears with any stone sense. Stupid thing broke in half first time I stabbed a rockworm with it, though. I ended up using the haft to cook meat."

"We may get things backwards, but at least we branch out in different ways. I think that always looking for another way to do things is better than being thick headed enough to keep trying the same thing all the time." Edwin casually replies. "If you were told the only way to get past a wall was to go through a locked door, would you always keep trying to get past that door?

An elf, on the other hand, would not only try to pass the door but look for other ways to get past the wall, like climbing over it or simply going around, and also question the point of getting past said wall to determine if it's worth the time and effort in the first place. But I can appreciate where it's not the reward at the end that's the point, but the journey itself and that kind of thing, but I personally think it's a bit of a waste of time."

"Humm. What you call thick, we call Dwarvish. Just because we don't flit around to every little hobby that catches out interest, like an Elf or a Hume...pfft. And, there was a door back there-remember how we was sort of imprisoned? I was going to knock off the hinges and pop er open. No climbing, no going around, and no sense waiting. No reward on the other side by a slightly increased probability of continued survival. In a case like that, y'ed say a Dwarf has the right idea. We treat everything like that, as if the simplest solution is the best-when you face down something you can't dance around, it's put your head down and brace or lay down and die. Simple as that.

But-I understand thinking it over before ya do it. Some Dwarves could use a bit of common sense before starting something foolish. I've nothing against humes, anyway. Yer a foolish lot, but you make good pie-ain't no Dwarven bakers, they all become brewers. Yeah, warm pie. With fruit. There's something to look forward to when we get outta here.

Hey...hurry up with these here manacles, Tallboy. We're getting too close, feel like you're about to propose to me. I'm single, by the way.

Or maybe I'll tell you about my 52nd birthday party to pass the time. Spoiler-It involves drunkenness, nudity, and giant cave slugs and the wrestling thereof..."

One gets the impression Tali will literally never stop talking.

What's a team without a mouthy Dwarf, anyway?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2013, 11:36:18 pm »

Humm, what would happen if I try to use my spell to heal my cuts?

Use spell to try heal cuts. If it doesn't work, angrily punch a wall.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:13 pm »

Edwin smiles and shakes his head a bit. "Relax, I'm not one for stereotypes. I like simple things too, and if it's straight forward and makes sense, why not use it I say? And I wouldn't say the human's are foolish, more like... Impatient. Which is to be expected with such short lifespans, so I don't hold it against them."

He chuckles and takes a sharp intake of breath through his nose.

"And don't talk about pie, you'll distract me too much. I haven't had a good pie in... I forget how long, but it's definitely been too long."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2013, 12:19:31 am »

Tali grunts.

"A Rock Elf once said something, made me think about that.

This guy, he says 'Elves often live a thousand years, Dwarves three hundred, and Humans barely fifty. But, any one of us can be slain in the space of arrows flight.'

Funny thing to say, innit? We've all got some sort an expiration date-natural or no-and we all just deal with it differently."

OOC:

Oh yeah, if anyone wanted to visualize my character :P

Though her hair is cut up short, as of the moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2013, 11:13:17 am »

This is rather important, I think: Magic isn't the most casual thing in this world. Its scary and confusing, and no one knows anything about it. There's no such things as mages or wizards, but everyone has heard of the occasional sorcerer. All of you are likely assuming that you're the only one with magical powers right now, if your character has even realised that he is magical yet. If any of you knew what magic was at all, it would be the elf, though thats his owner's choice of course.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2013, 11:32:06 am »

And another thing: The entire game takes place in this dungeon. Its a really, really big dungeon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:39:27 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2013, 12:23:41 pm »

Cheesecake
You regard the dwarf with respectful contempt and follow as the party decides to head left.

You lessen your pace, letting the others move past you until you're at the back of the group. You look at the cuts on your hands and then think about the power you felt when you pulled the chains from the wall. You're not really sure what to do, so you just close your eyes and concentrate as hard as you can on the cuts while thinking about them disappearing. You feel strength come surging through you again, and you hold it for a minute before opening your eyes again. The cuts had stopped bleeding a few minutes ago, but now fresh blood flows from them again. You're not sure if you did something wrong or your powers just don't work that way. You frown, deciding to give up for now and catch up with the others.

Ross Vernal
The group sets off merrily down the dark and dank hallway.

You search with your eyes for the shattered lockpick as the party makes its way, but fail to find it. Your mouth seizes this opportunity and begins to curse profusely.

scapheap
You decide to just keep moving in the hopes that you'll eventually find a way out. You walk down the corridor, your wrapped feet padding soundlessly against the stone floor. After a few minutes of this, you finally think you can see the end of it. A large wooden door about twice your height looms before you, a pair of large metal bars holding it closed. They don't appear to be locked into place, though they look quite heavy, and you're not entirely sure that you could move them aside on your own. You spot a small hand crank set into the wall beside the door. You look around but you're not quite sure what it operates, though you're pretty sure that it doesn't have anything to do with the large door in front of you.

Dwarmin
You snark enthusiatically as the party heads on off down the hallway.

As you move down the corridor and you feel the ground beneath your feet, listening to the way the air in the room moves and running your hands along the rough stone that encompasses your prison, you realise just how deep you really are. Deeper than you, or anyone, has ever been before. You feel cold for the first time since you were a little girl freshly born in the fortress, and the group continues padding down the corridor softly, talking in low voices of good friends and better days.

Zako
You take the time to remove everyone's chains, taking one with you for good measure, before allowing the party to move off.

Party - Zako, Dwarmin, Ross Vernal, Cheesecake
The party comes to a halt as they near the end of the long hallway. A female human stands before the door leading out. She looks like another prisoner. She seems to be too occupied with inspecting the door to notice your approach, despite the none-too-quiet conversation you were having on the way over. Vlad steps forward and coughs to get her attention and she spins around with a yelp. She cowers a bit but Edvin and Tali manage to calm her down, though she's still convinced that Kaltukk is going to eat her.

You inspect the tall wooden door. The bars could easily be moved with your combined strength. Everyone is still unsure of what the crank does, though Tali speculates that it could be used to open the door once the bars were removed. She also voices a concern at the bars being located on the interior of the door, which would seem to indicate that it wasn't meant to keep prisoners out, though she digresses at the entire place being of low-quality and patchy worksmansip to begin with, and Vlad quips that not everyone is as attentive as dwarves when it comes to building.

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Health: Weary, bleeding hands
Skills: Battle Tactics Proficient, Survival Proficient, Swords Proficient
Inventory: Tribal Totem
Known Magicks: Reinforce I - boost your strength using magical energy; fatigue varies

Spoiler: Ross Vernal (click to show/hide)
Health: Bruised finger
Skills: Swords Proficient, Throwing Proficient, Cooking Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Crude Sap (shirt with rocks in it)
Known Magicks: Catch II - you can slowly absorb energy, such as light; restores fatigue and reduces hunger

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Health: Fine
Skills: Staves Proficient, Butchering Proficient, Cloth Mending Proficient
Inventory: Empty
Known Magicks: Repel II - manipulate air into a general or focused blast, pushing the target(s) away; some fatigue

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Skills: Navigation Proficient, Pole Arms Proficient, Herbology Proficient, Architecture Dabbling
Inventory: Lucky Coin, Cobblestone

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Skills: Stealth Proficient, Thievery Proficient, Daggers Proficient, Lockpicking Dabbling
Inventory: Sturdy Lockpick, Chain and Cuff
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:15:33 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »

"Well... That's not a good sign. I'm going to check these nearby doors, just in case they have something we can use."

And with that Edwin starts checking doors by listening carefully at each one of them, peering through the view slot if they have one, and then unlocking the ones closet to the door to view what's behind them.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:18 pm »

I give the strangers a wary look "Who are you lot?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2013, 01:33:18 pm »

"Prisoners like you, judging by how you're dressed." Edwin replied as he examined a nearby door. "Don't ask me why we're here or where here is, 'cause I don't know. All I know is that I want out, and I'm guessing you do too."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43