Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Marketlings: Signup on aisle 4!  (Read 9233 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Marketlings: Signup on aisle 4!
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 06:49:00 pm »

start getting everyone into the cart and head towards the village the old man talked about.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2013, 07:24:33 am »

((Sorry this hasn't been active for a while!))

After calming down on all that's been happening, you tell Knife your story one by one. Meanwhile, Player tries to patch up Pantyhose. (4) You see a few band-aids lying on the lower shelf. You take them and apply them to his wound. He thanks you, and runs over to play with his sister. Laliona, Teddy, and Clock, on the other hand, look for anything of note, something to cook with, and food and water in general. (6) (6) (4) You find an entire box of matchsticks and another box of tooth-picks. You find a five cans of food, as well as two bottles of water.

After a conversation with Teddy, Player (2) tries to roll his eyes but crosses them instead, looking like (1) an artard. You all reassemble in the cart and start going to the town which Knife told you about, it is a long journey. A boring journey. A journey of mystery, of wonder, of an annoying little boy named Pantyhose singing loudly. To kill the time, Knife decides to tell you about the raiders.

"Those raiders were called Edi's Sons. Vile cultists who worship their Dark Leader Edi, the anathema to Tes'la. My grandchildren were on their way to becoming Tes'lan Guardians, but word got out and soon, the Edi's Sons tried to kill them before they could bolster the ranks of Tes'la."

"I could've fought those raiders, Granddad! I would've gone all like POW! then BAM! then HYAH!" says Pantyhose, whose voice drifts away as you slowly lose attention from him.

"No. You couldn't. Anyways, the town we're heading to is called China Town. They mostly sell porcelain and plates for a living, and for a high price mind you! The are a well funded town, and I believe that they still have that decent doctor working there. I will be able to pay for your treatments, as compensation."

After a while, you finally make it to China Town. It is a beautiful shelf-side town with many cutleries and porcelain figures. The shelves are connected to each other with beautiful glass bridges held up by strong, artisan Popsicle sticks. Your cart is stopped right outside the entrance, by a regiment of guards armed with long toothpicks adorned with shards of glass. Their Captain walks up to you and says:

"What are you doing here, Exiles? We will not tolerate unsupervised criminals!" he says.

"Worry not, Captain. I am here to watch over them. We are here to merely amend wounds," Knife says.

The Captain looks at the old man with a look of smugness.

"Sir, I don't think an elderly man such as yourself should-", he is cut off when he sees Knife's knife. "I'm sorry sir! I did not know you were one of Them! Men, let them pass!"

He lets you pass, and you exit your cart and enter the beautiful town. Knife offers to lead you to the doctor, unless you want to visit someplace else first. He tells you about the inn, the artisans' market, and the farm. These are the places that supervised Exiles are allowed to go to.

Where would you like to go?

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2013, 02:13:13 pm »

Two days is more like 'quiet'. There's been worse around here, believe you me, and just about anyone who's stuck around for at least a few months can attest to that. :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2013, 03:17:18 pm »

After a conversation with Teddy, Player (2) tries to roll his eyes but crosses them instead, looking like (1) an artard.
...You rolled for this?

Try to find someone else who can "supervise" me so I don't need to stick with the rest of the group when I want to do different things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2013, 04:00:54 pm »

((Best part is how he rolled for how that bit of stupidity made you look. ;D))

Teddy rubs his chin, in the way only someone with a very questionable plan can.
"Hm... The market sounds promising. Maybe get a few odds and ends that I could use..."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »

See if we can trade say half the matches for some general armor for everyone. (Can we get a list of what we have in the cart please?)
[/quote]

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2013, 04:46:11 pm »

Look in the Market for some kind of ranged weapon
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2013, 05:26:04 pm »

After a conversation with Teddy, Player (2) tries to roll his eyes but crosses them instead, looking like (1) an artard.
Still having a hard time believing he typed this. Not the best word choice. :P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2013, 08:58:24 pm »

Seeing as how I've currently got my internal organs in my backpack at the moment, I should probably go to the doctor.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »

...You rolled for this?

Don't take it too seriously. I secretly roll for everything and just show the rolls for the funny rolls.

By the way, turn post soon.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: The Marketlings: Surgery is 40% off!
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2013, 07:56:07 am »

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold
Try to find someone else who can "supervise" me so I don't need to stick with the rest of the group when I want to do different things.

You ask Knife for another supervisor to take care of you, so that you can go somewhere where the group isn't. He assigns the captain to take care of you. The captain looks back at him, shocked.

"But sir! He's...he's a. He's a..." he mumbles, before being cut off by Knife's unsettling gaze. "Yes sir," he sighs. "Alright, where do you want to go?"

Quote from: SomeStupidGuy
"Hm... The market sounds promising. Maybe get a few odds and ends that I could use..."
Quote from: RangerCado
See if we can trade say half the matches for some general armor for everyone.
Quote from: cattouchdis
Look in the Market for some kind of ranged weapon

Knife takes you to the market to find the things you need and gives you some coins to spend. A lot actually. He tells you to stay in that area and orders some guards to follow you around while he takes Cheese-Whiz to the doctors. Meanwhile, you find a few vendors that sell some decent tempered glass armor. You could probably buy enough sets for the group, not including Knife. It fits well!

There is another vendor which sells toothpicks and dice. They can give you a quiver for every ten toothpicks you buy, and the dice come in d3, d6, d8, d10, and the dreaded d20! They also come in a variety of colors too; some are red, blue, green and purple! (Batteries not included)

There are some vendors selling shard-tipped toothpick-spears, as well as some precooked supplies which look much tastier than the canned varieties. There is one man at the middle of the Market yelling for people to come watch his magic show. He looks like a tall, young man. In his 18-20's. He wears bright, extravagant clothes and is juggling dice.

Quote from: mastahcheese
Seeing as how I've currently got my internal organs in my backpack at the moment, I should probably go to the doctor.

Meanwhile, Knife brings Cheese-Whiz down a shelf-way to a large, opened cereal box with a sign saying "STURGEON" with the "T" crossed out with marker. He greets the doctor, then pays him with a bag of coins and brings you to his room. He puts you on the table and begins giving you sleeping pills which are way to large for your body. You try swallowing one, but choke. Then you pass out from asphyxiation.

"See? I told you sleeping pills made them sleep!"

You wake up. The operation was successful! You feel much better, and you do a (1) failed attempt at a cartwheel...like an artard.

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 10:24:50 am »

See if I can find work somewhere in town.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2013, 12:47:56 pm »

Buy 2 blue d20s, a purple d8, and 5 green d10s

Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2013, 01:44:28 pm »

Get an extra quiver to store more toothpicks in. Find the old man and ask if theres anything that needs doing.
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2013, 05:08:30 am »

>Remember if I was hurt or not.

>Regardless, go track down attractive females and boast to them of my exploits. If I am horribly injured, show off my wounds and tell them all about how I bravely faced down a horde of rats.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6