Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploration  (Read 12946 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploration
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »

Can I exchange Advanced Mathematics for Computers, GWG? Since Physics kinda include Advanced Math by necessity?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 09:50:05 pm »

"Alright, no further questions? Excellent. Chekov, Zwetkow, fire up the Monoport..."
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
You land, surprised at the fall. Looking around, you note the cave you are in. It is about 15 or 20 meters across, with a small side chamber and two passages on either side. As intended, your cargo cart--a large mechanized metal box on wheels for ease of transport--is pretty much in the middle of the cave. Examining it, Kamanashi shrewdly determines that the drop and the rough floor will make moving the Crate nigh-impossible. You check your equipment and realize that your helmet lights are off!
You look around and note several green, glowing chunks in the walls which provide illumination. Odd. Even odder is a breeze through the room, which stirs inside of each of you.
[27+2+5;4+4+5;6+5+5;2+3+5;29+4+5] Kamanashi embraces Zwerkov, and Khan looks around trying to locate someone before he hears what happens in the next sentence. This was caused by Doc running over to Bradley and kissing her, resulting in the reflexive discharge of her weapon. This managed to shake themselves out and recognized that there was some kind of anomaly altering their behavior. Kamanshi and Doc apologized, and Bradley expressed regret over wasting ammunition. (It's expected that she'll apologize once she gets over it.)

In any case, the mission should begin shortly. What will the crew do?

Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anomalies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Bradley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Otozomi Kamanashi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jared Khan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yevgeniy Zwerkov (click to show/hide)
P.S. Sorry about the delay, RL intervened.
I will clean up the sheets next update.
Finally, if you can think of something your character should have, or whatever.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:03 pm »

"Um, uh... Sorry Bradley. I don't know what came over me... uhhhh..." (Walks a couple steps away sheepishly)
Begin setting up Portable Shelters, Get Dimitri to make a quick sonar scan (if able) to get a better idea of the area. Also, search the cart for any pistol or short blade weapon just in case.

((I'm assuming that the cart has most or all of what we'd need for a temporary Base of Operations))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 10:16:25 pm »

(( A pack of trained wolves and a pair of eagles would be fitting for my character, if that's ok. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:05 pm »

((I'm assuming that the cart has most or all of what we'd need for a temporary Base of Operations))
Criminy. Yeah, I just need to fill that out. Next update...

(( A pack of trained wolves and a pair of eagles would be fitting for my character, if that's ok. ))
Expect more conventional pets. And probably not war animals, this isn't the 3rd century.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploitation
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »

"So that's one of those anomalies they have sent us to research, eh? Oh! Talking about that light. Anyone running a few scans on it to see if it is safe? Never hurts to be on the safe side, before it bites us. Called that one, just in case."

A short but slightly nervous laughter crackles over the intercom before the feed is cut off.

"Ah~lright, back to protocol. And by that i mean that we can't do much about the Cart at the moment - sure hope it won't disturb us setting up port. Wich I really want to get started on soon, before the next wave of weird rolls in. Speaking of the port, I really could use your opinion if we find a good spot, Kamanashi. We really dont want to screw up that one."

"Try to locate good area for setting up the port and scan/probe it. If available, confere with Kamanashi for second opinion."

Edit: Hmm... luckily I still can paddle back right now. And shall do so! Yay for edit.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:25:29 pm by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

((Youmjust didn't turn on the lights.))
Sig

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »

(( Damn, whats the good in being a master at taming and domesticating animals if a 12 year old with a puppy can do the same things I can? ))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »

((If we find mystical animals, maybe you could tame them. Plus, i expect you to be the biggest help if GWG throws Fey at us))
[/quote]

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 11:33:40 pm »

(( If he throws fey at us, I'm throwing you at it then running for my life. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 11:36:55 pm »

((Fey make terrible projectiles.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 11:38:20 pm »

((I really have to wonder why everyone are afraid of the fey. Their just faeries right? *looking up*

:o :o :o We're screwed))
[/quote]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »

Awww... Was I too late with my sheet? :C
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:56:51 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 11:58:52 pm »

A hair. You're the first being beamed down.
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 12:04:44 am »

A hair. You're the first being beamed down.
Okay.

Funny.. This game reminds me of my first forum game. Roll to Migrate I believe it was. Just a lick of deja vu it is, really.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7