Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 427979 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.62
« Reply #2130 on: June 04, 2014, 06:51:43 pm »

Yeah, you look dead, Michael. None of this happened last time. We're not sure what's going on now.

The description of the ferryman's employer sounds like Imare/Pinkie Pie. Which... come to think of it, if it was underwater or similar that'd explain a lot. Why there's only rumors of it, why we couldn't find it, how there's a Houseless stronghold in the first place. Even why you'd want or need a ferry to get to it. As I recall there's a dungeon or something in the middle of the lake; I could totally see Pinkie building a party mansion inside a cave.

Speaking of which, I get the feeling "party" or "fun" or similar might be the password. Not that that's terribly helpful to us now.

Back to the topic at hand, it sounds like we can move our perceptions around, but... uh... I'm not sure if we have a "body" or not. We have a magicka pool, and we can "feel" things, like falling on the ground, but doing so doesn't actually bring the ground closer to us, so...

I say we try to move or push our perceptions towards the center of the lake. Pinkie Pie's got a decent chance of being able to sense us when we're dead, so if she's in there it might be worthwhile to try to get there.

Otherwise... dunno, maybe the rising of the sun will bring us back to life or something? Pretty sure it was day when we died last time, night this time. Celestia halp?

One other thing- our Luck is listed as "?" That seems pretty suspicious/significant. It was 58.0 prior to death.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:33 pm »

Well, you know what casting a (pre-determined) spell at least *feels* like.

You could... try casting free-form? It's at least POSSIBLE, and who knows, maybe you need to have died to really succeed, or at least have your brain emptied of all the pre-built spells that would rush to "complete the patter", in order to really reach for the deep well of magicka required for a free-form spell. Couldn't hurt to try!... probably?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 04, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »

Well, you know what casting a (pre-determined) spell at least *feels* like.

You could... try casting free-form? It's at least POSSIBLE, and who knows, maybe you need to have died to really succeed, or at least have your brain emptied of all the pre-built spells that would rush to "complete the patter", in order to really reach for the deep well of magicka required for a free-form spell. Couldn't hurt to try!... probably?
Actually, this raises another interesting point. Right now we're really not sure what Michael is, so it's hard to say anything about his condition. But, assuming his body is dead and his spirit/soul is still around, that might imply spell knowledge is recorded on flesh as much as mind. That'd have some interesting implications.

But again, we have no idea if that's the case.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 04, 2014, 07:12:38 pm »

All those ancestor spirits throw destruction at you, but it's a spell called "Grave curse," so it's probably not a pre-learned spell.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 04, 2014, 08:59:06 pm »

Channel magicka into your dead body?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 04, 2014, 10:46:35 pm »

Channel magicka into your dead body?

You can probably tell we are totally clueless as to what to do at this point.  I suggest you randomly try that at least though.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 05, 2014, 09:31:01 am »

Actually, this IS sort of what happened last time, just floating above your body. It didn't last very long though, and you still might end up getting reset soon. Regardless, it doesn't seem like you need to worry about being double-killed, so now would be a good time to try and learn stuff about the state you are in.

Do some experimenting. Try to figure out if you can try to do anything with the Magicka at all. Float around a bit. After that's done, yeah - go try to explore the lake while it's "safe" to do so.

Primarily, though, don't panic. For being dead, you're not suffering the worst negative consequences - you're still talking to us, we're still talking to you, and this DID happen last time, although not for this long, so there's still at least a decent chance of you winding up in your body soon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 05, 2014, 10:47:37 am »

Again, about the reset, we only saw it happen twice: once while you were dead and once while you were still alive (and mid-conversation to boot). So not enough data to draw any conclusions about what causes it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 05, 2014, 11:29:18 am »

guys in case you haven't noticed you have done the goofed

i'm lurking this goof and i found it unpleasant for you to commit so while i have influenced it by not doing anything about it i'm expecting you to wave your hands around and magically fix it tia

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 05, 2014, 12:14:22 pm »

guys in case you haven't noticed you have done the goofed

i'm lurking this goof and i found it unpleasant for you to commit so while i have influenced it by not doing anything about it i'm expecting you to wave your hands around and magically fix it tia
What?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:27 pm »

We're still here. We would never abandon you. You're too interesting.

You're probably dead. But not THAT dead. You'll probably get better. Resurrection is POSSIBLE even in vanilla elder scrolls lore. And you can still hear us, this isn't another doomed timeline where you die and we and presumably a small part of you return to the you on the central timeline. This is for real. The main difference I can think of is you have channeling training now. Try moving. If you can move, try looking[Or however it is you perceive your surroundings now] inside your pack for a PAPER-WRAPPED OBJECT. It might help. Failing that, if you can move, try going towards the center/bottom of the lake. I don't think you'll drown.  And if you do, it can't be much worse then this. Seeing if you can channel magicka into things is also something you should try. If you can, do it to the PAPER-WRAPPED OBJECT, the ferryman and whatever's under the lake. And your dead body, AFTER you've tried the others. It MIGHT bring you back to life, and I think you should try the other stuff before seeking to be resurrected.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 07, 2014, 02:45:23 pm »

Think I'm going to do an early update. If anyone has further input for episode 63, get it in by tonight.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 07, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »

Right. Tomb, center of lake, in either order.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 07, 2014, 08:47:17 pm »

Also, guys, I am glad to see you managed to get us killed, while if I you had followed my advice of stabbing the whickwheat merchant to death there is a very good chance we'd still be alive now!

And you accused ME of hating Michael, but now he's dead and we didn't even get a CHANCE at a boat in exchange for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 07, 2014, 08:52:16 pm »

The obvious answer is to, of course, ghostily possess the boat.

Assuming we manage to hack into primordial magicka on account of being deader than a doornail.

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 161