Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428311 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.60
« Reply #2025 on: May 13, 2014, 01:05:45 am »

I leave it only to you people to weaponize Eldritch artifacts...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 13, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »

Micheal, the voices telling you not to eat the apple are evil! They want you to keep it so that they can steal it for themselves! You have to eat it now so that they can't steal it from you!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 13, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »

is it wise to make michael hate half the people in this LP? this may have unpleasant meta-consequences.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 13, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »

He can differ us by 'voice', he may just start tuning out the ones that mean him obvious harm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.59
« Reply #2029 on: May 13, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »

It's getting really difficult to keep doing this.
Well, is there any way to save it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 13, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »

I hope this doesn't die now, it's REALLY getting interesting. We're close to some big secret, most likely.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:51 pm »

Maybe try and have longer gaps between episodes. Take it easy. There's no real rush, as far as I know. If its getting overwhelming, maybe put this on hiatus for a little while or something.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:35 pm »

We had, what, 3-4 updates in the past week? 1 a week would be fine, and if that's too much right now, just take a break.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 13, 2014, 07:19:10 pm »

We had, what, 3-4 updates in the past week? 1 a week would be fine

I think episode length is harder on me than frequency. The average update is 3 screenshots, 1.5 unique avatars, and between 10 and 20 printed pages of text.

It's like averaging a 2 page essay every day for the past year.

Maybe like the others are suggesting, it would help if I just didn't maintain such a frantic pace. But this game was always intended to have an ending. Though I'm uncertain how much the ending it will actually have will resemble the ending I anticipated.

But that whole question just prompts me to wonder what the reaction to any possible ending would be. When you guys finally noticed the pony thing a bunch of you immediately started complaining about how disappointing it was and how much less you'd enjoy the story because of it, and ranking various levels of disappointment you'd feel for various possible outcomes. I mean, if you guys really want to know totally kill someone's enthusiasm for something they've literally invested over three hundred hours of time into, then just go read some of those posts:

Oh god no, not ponies....

"I dislike ponies". 

I get enjoyment from reading the story, but I'd lose a little of it if it turned out that the ponies theory is correct.

it would be disappointing if the theory was true, and I was outlining scenarios from least disappointing to most disappointing
(the best case one wouldn't be too bad, actually). I'm not trying to change the story, I'm just saying I'd be disappointed.

Seriously? That's what I have to look forward to? A choice between "most" disappointing and "least disappointing? It's convenient that your "worst case oh god no" scenarios happen to not quite be what's going on here, but SPOILER: the pony thing definitely has at least something to do with what's going on, and realistically there's no way this can end without a bunch of people telling me how horribly disappointed they were.

Given how good you guys have been at missing clues and taking extremely indirect paths to answers, I could totally see this game running another year. So I just have to ask myself how important it is to spend another couple hundred hours of writing and editing time running a game just to earn a spot on the least to most disappointing chart.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 13, 2014, 07:41:19 pm »

TBH, no matter the ending, the journey there has been pretty sweet. And don't let us discourage you. Anything can be good if written well enough. I can't speak for the others, but I overreacted a bit: my aversion was fear of the worst case scenario. The other scenarios I mentioned could make for really interesting endings.

I know you're averse to it, but truth be told a bit of railroading would be better than either leaving this unfinished or saying "I give up, here's all the spoilers." It could be a good idea to fast-forward until Michael's practiced enough to actually be able to fight (which is what we tried to do so long ago with the legion).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:46:10 pm by HugoLuman »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 13, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »

If this game ended this very moment, it would still rank high on my 'best forum games I've seen' list.

It's like averaging a 2 page essay every day for the past year.

Also, holy shit that's a lot.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:19 pm »

*Grabs popcorn*
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 13, 2014, 08:06:55 pm »

If it helps any I still really like this story.  I didn't like MLP but this has remained quite good.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:03 pm »

Shit, man, don't listen to us. I mean, I'm not into MLP, but as Araph said, this is probably among, if not the best forum game I've participated in. Well written, interesting, based off a game that I really enjoy, I could go on. I'm fine with you inserting your own tastes into the game. The only reason I might come away a bit disappointed is if the story were so submerged in pony lore that someone who wasn't interested in it wouldn't really know what was going on, and even then this is a really great story. Just don't tax yourself too much, we don't absolutely require this to be updated every other day or even every week. If you're feeling stressed about it, just don't do it until you're feeling more up to it.

Also, people should probably suggest something other than "eat the apple" or "don't eat the apple", seeing as that was pretty much the entirety of the last update as well.

Michael, seeing as it looks like you're a bit more...sane now, it seems safe to tell you that you basically just went full Gollum on us there about an item in your backpack. It might do that to you on touch or by vicinity, so be very careful in handling the object wrapped in paper in your backpack.

You should probably leave and return to Draren to see if he's done catching up with his sister yet, it might be dangerous to stay in this one area. Maybe you should ask one of the guards if they'd noticed anyone wearing unusual clothing lately. What day is it, by the way? We have reason to believe that the person that gave the object to you is a Daedric prince, and if we knew whether it was his summoning day, it might help confirm or deny that theory.

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 14, 2014, 07:56:56 am »

I know for me it is difficult to keep up with the frantic pace of this. There have been several times (like recently) where I have had to just sit back and let all of this happen without any comment because I can't invest as much thought or time as the speed of this game requires. That said, I think that you have done an excellent job, and I for one have enjoyed the story. I have no interest in MLP, but have had no difficulty following its influence on this world. Write what you enjoy, and ignore the people who criticize. If they don't like your story, they can go write their own.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 161