Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428096 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.52
« Reply #1635 on: March 31, 2014, 10:24:12 am »

How often does Cinia visit the island? We may have to stay longer in order to fulfill our original purpose, of finding out what happens when Clover drinks the potion. If Cinia visits often, we might just wait for her to come back.

Anyway, we really ought to find out what happens to Clover before we leave, it's the whole reason we came here. At this point, all bets are off.

@The_Jester: Yeah, I would like to keep the phone too, for those reasons, but the simple fact is that we have no way of recharging it and its almost out of juice. I suppose that one day, when we have more money, we could buy it back, if it hasn't been dismantled.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:27:23 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 31, 2014, 10:40:23 am »

Maybe rather than leaving with her we should just go ask her when she is coming back. The mod she is from places her at the dock here at Tel Fyr, so chances are she will be back often. I really do think we need to keep trying to figure out what happens to Clover and/or get corprus and take it ourselves. That is the whole reason we came after all.

As for the phone, I am reasonably confident that if Fyr thinks it can be recharged with a simple spell we could find someone in the mages guild to recharge it for us. I bet the Ald'Ruhn guild officer, Edwinna Elbert(I think that's her name) would be fascinated by our phone, she is really into Dwemer stuff.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 31, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »

Suggestion cutoff for episode 53

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also:

Ask him if there's an easy way to get corprus

Wasn't this question specifically answered by Uupse in great detail in episode 52?

Ask him what the local alternative is for computation

Wasn't this question indirectly but adequately addressed by Divayth is episode 51? I suppose we can get clarification from Yagrum on that. Different people do have different perspectives. But seems like we're retreading previously covered ground here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 31, 2014, 06:37:36 pm »

Obviously you just need to go fight an ash creature, who are the results of advanced forms of corprus and can deliberately inflict it upon you.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 31, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »

Obviously you just need to go fight an ash creature, who are the results
of advanced forms of corprus and can deliberately inflict it upon you.

That's not quite what she said. Maybe it does need to be clarified. Unfortunately for you, Yagrum isn't the person to ask and you're unlikely to get a specific recipe. Remember corprus is a condition that is still being researched. Also remember that people in Morrowind do not consult a master table of Word of God answers to questions. It is possible for them to be incorrect.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 31, 2014, 06:52:21 pm »

Yep. But if you fight a priest of the Sixth House, we know for a fact they can totally curse you with Corprus. Which they see as a gift, so it's more likely they'd just kill you. So you have to be someone they want to turn to their side, which Michael might be, given what that captured dreamer said to us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 31, 2014, 07:35:18 pm »

Wasn't this question specifically answered by Uupse in great detail in episode 52?

That way didn't sound particularly eas, to be honest. Never know if there might be alternatives! That could just be how most people get it.

I still wish we could find a way to talk to Clover. :/

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »

I still wish we could find a way to talk to Clover. :/
Didn't someone say she was waiting in Fyr's study or something? Or might not have left, or Cilia didn't see her leave, or something? Did we check on that, or am I just misremembering?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:08 pm »

Just to clarify my views:

We need a safe way back to Sadrith Mora, or rather any city with a Mages Guild Hall. The easiest way to do that would be to book a ride on the boat. However, we also need to find out Clover's fate, and decide what we are going to do about corprus. Fyr would be the person to ask about helping us catch corprus if we decide to go that route, which hopefully would restore some of his interest in Michael.

My vote is to ask Cinia how often she returns, and decide from her answer, with staying and figuring out Clover's fate being more important than running away.

Before returning to Caius we need to decide whether we truly think that Michael is/can be the Nerevarine or not. If we return without having found out about Clover and/or taking serious steps to become the Nerevarine, then I think that Caius will be aggravated with Michael and be extremely doubtful about him.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 31, 2014, 11:23:10 pm »

And we'd have wasted this whole trip.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 01, 2014, 12:47:26 am »

And we'd have wasted this whole trip.

Please don't say that when I've spent most of the past 5 hours typing up responses to questions that you yourself said were things some of you had "waited literally the whole game for."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 01, 2014, 12:49:22 am »

He didn't say "We wasted the whole trip!", but "If we return without the -one piece of knowledge we actually came here for-, we'd have wasted the whole trip."

Though that is a little odd to say considering what else we've learned here, or will learn.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 01, 2014, 01:00:22 am »

He didn't say "We wasted the whole trip!", but "If we return without the -one piece of knowledge we
actually came here for-, we'd have wasted the whole trip."

To be fair, you guys kind of have a history of going places and then not doing the thing you originally went to the place to do. I seem to remember a trip from Balmora to Seyda Neen to Gnisis to Seyda Neen to Balmora before anyone remembered why you'd gone to Gnisis in the first place.

Though that is a little odd to say considering what else we've learned here, or will learn.

Curiously, in between all the random bits of world-building, Yagrum is dumping some surprisingly useful information for you right now. Whether or not you guys manage to track down Clover, don't feel like this trip was worthless. It wasn't. Mostly just need to finish formatting and spellchecking, and the next episode should be up wait, no don't jinx it! ...at some unspecified time someday. somemonth, someyear.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 01, 2014, 01:07:10 am »

Any trip in which we learn about corprus, magic marks, and potential PCs, investigate the Nerevarine, meet a new named NPC with a distinct personality, personally speak with Divayth Fyr, and potentially walk out 600 septims richer than we walked in is a success in my book.

Also, kinda unrelated: I vote on a meta-level that we avoid telling Michael to do things that deliberately blur the line between Mundus and our own universe (like debating steam versus electricity with Yagrum, or comparing physics notes with Divayth). The philosophical stuff is a given and inevitable, but it's in everyone's best interest to keep the story moving at as fast a pace as is healthy for it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 01, 2014, 01:08:53 am »

Ninja'd

Honestly, I love the info we're getting here, but there are others who are getting angry about not sticking to the plot. And Michael himself seems like he's getting frustrated with us for not focusing the original reasons for going places.

NINJEDIT: Though we really, really ought to ask him about nuclear power. That's the physics question that answers most of the others.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 161