Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428312 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game (Ep.42)
« Reply #1260 on: September 19, 2013, 05:24:44 pm »

Okay, you may be right about us having factions Michael.

NovenFromTheSun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 19, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »

I've been following this for a while, I'm really enjoying it.  Good job LordBucket.

Michael, I'm a new voice.  Normally I'm just an ordinary person like you were, or at least you thought you were.  However, much in the same way we take on the existence of another while playing a game, I believe that I, as well as the other voices, become something else when speaking to you, while still being the same entity they were before.

Any way, earlier you asked the fighters guild to direct Awesomicus to you if they see him.  I think you should check up on that.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 19, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »

Hey didn't Dagoth Ur's follower say that Dagoth wanted to speak with us before? Wonder what that was about.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 19, 2013, 08:20:10 pm »

Michael, I'm sorry for what I started in the other voices.

If Caius hasn't killed him, ask that Sleeper if Dagoth Ur thinks we're the Nerevarine. If Caius has killed him, find the other one. Should the Sleeper ask "Why haven't you gone to Red Mountain?" our answer is "Cliff racers"
I've been pressing this for a while. It seems like a good lead.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 19, 2013, 09:48:57 pm »

Okay, you may be right about us having factions Michael.

Factions are beautiful! All hail head voice overlords!

OBEY.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Parcae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 19, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »

I don't think that it's a good idea to hunt for sleepers around Balmora. Caius already thinks we might be one. Giving him further grounds for suspicion could be a Very Bad Idea. Besides, advancing the plot kinda has to wait for us to be less squishy.

No harm in questioning the one in Caius' house in the unlikely event that he's still there, though.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 19, 2013, 10:33:22 pm »

Really it's gotten to the point that even Michael suspects, which is bad.

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 19, 2013, 11:25:00 pm »

I have never quite understood the point of asking a Sleeper if Dagoth Ur thinks we are the Nerevarine. First, the mastermind isn't going to share with the bottom rung underlings that his greatest enemy has been reincarnated. Second, we already know that Michael is most likely the Nerevarine. LordBucket already told us that. Third, we need to start convincing Caius that we are the Nerevarine, not make him more suspicious. He is also our greatest resource to finding out if any of the main missions have been done yet, and thus if any of the other possible PCs also think they are the Nerevarine.

By the way, I also Support learning Mysticism, Restoration, and Destruction. Probably Restoration first.

Also, I'm not well versed in ES lore, but I am fairly sure that if Michael is the Nerevarine, then his soul isn't really up for grabs, so selling it won't work anyway. But that is a stupid idea, so -1 to that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:28:15 pm by The_Jester »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 19, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

Wouldn't conjuration be better than destruction for a squishy guy such as Michael?

Michael would you be more comfortable learning Conjuration and having a meat shield defend you or learning Destruction and being able to throw fireballs which might potentially catch you in the blast range and incinerate you?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

NovenFromTheSun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 19, 2013, 11:41:57 pm »

Remember that magic works differently in MorrowReal.  Using daedra might be riskier than in the usual game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 19, 2013, 11:50:11 pm »

I have a hierarchy of "things to rely on in terms of things that aren't direct game mechanics of Morrowind":

0. GM notes
1. In-character dialogue
2. Lore
3. Morrowind

The 0th and 1st aren't known when it comes to Daedra summoning. Number 2 is, and that generally says that bound Daedra are not going to be hostile to the summoner. 3 says that, as well, so it's in agreement. I don't trust Morrowind as much as lore because the mods installed are unknown. Lore usually agrees with Morrowind, though.

We've already handled a bound daedra in this, remember: Vivec's bound sword. It didn't seem to be too bad except that it was a bit heavy.
(Then again, I prefer Conjuration and Mysticism in general due to the principal of them :P)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 20, 2013, 01:27:33 am »

And it was bound to Vivec's will, not ours. Though it might have been an actual Daedric sword, recalled from somewhere, as it had weight.

Not all destruction spells are massive area of effect affairs, and I doubt we'd be ready to cast such a spell any time soon. What we need is a quick, magicka-efficient single-target ranged spell that does relatively high damage. Not having an area range tends to reduce the cost, and what with the possible danger and the not facing swarms, we wouldn't really have a use for an explosion anyway. Lightning would be good (not to mention cool), as in general creatures around here have less resistance.

Here are my priorities for all the spell schools, in order:
-I make Restoration and Destruction our top priorities because they're generally the best for staying alive and there is an abundance of cheap, efficient, effective spells for them.
-Mysticism is somewhat more costly but is massively useful for transportation, and we'll eventually be needing to capture souls.
-I put alteration next, because of the vast utility. Opening/setting locks, lightening our equipment, force fields, breathing underwater, and eventually flight...
-Illusion isn't particularly useful, but we can reap the benefits with relatively little skill, so I put it above Conjuration. Seeing in darkness and hiding, that's all it really gives us.
-Conjuration will lighten our equipment load considerably (bound weapons) and give us ass-kicking meat shields, but takes longer and is more expensive to build up than the other schools. Mastering this school will likely not happen in the near future.

Of all of them, I think Mysticism and Conjuration will take the most investment to be able to use well. Their most useful spells are expensive in both gold and magicka, so we won't be able to use them often until we attain considerable power. Mysticism can be used for getting around or escaping, but Conjuration would drain most of our power in the middle of a fight.

I have never quite understood the point of asking a Sleeper if Dagoth Ur thinks we are the Nerevarine. First, the mastermind isn't going to share with the bottom rung underlings that his greatest enemy has been reincarnated. Second, we already know that Michael is most likely the Nerevarine. LordBucket already told us that. Third, we need to start convincing Caius that we are the Nerevarine, not make him more suspicious. He is also our greatest resource to finding out if any of the main missions have been done yet, and thus if any of the other possible PCs also think they are the Nerevarine.

As for Caius, I don't think it would make him suspicious if we want to interrogate a Sleeper. One said right in front of him that Dagoth Ur is quite interested in us, and it's only natural that we'd want to know why. And Dagoth Ur would most certainly let his Sleepers know if he thought we were the Nerevarine, he tells all his people EVERYTHING, though they can't all understand it. In the game, they all tell you he thinks you're the Nerevarine after the second mission, asking you to come meet him at Red Mountain because he considers Neravar his greatest friend.

Honestly, if Caius voices more concern about us being a Sleeper due to voices in our head, we should probably tell him "It's more likely Multiple Personality Disorder than Dagoth Ur."

I wonder, if Dagoth Ur tries to speak in Michael's head, would he hear us? Could we tell him to STFU, or question him?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:40:38 am by HugoLuman »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 20, 2013, 07:00:00 pm »

+1 votes for Destruction and Alteration. You want to fly, right? Of course you do. Plus it gives you shields and a bunch of other handy utility things.

I like Destruction more than Conjuration because summoning things just seems inherently more risky. Too much potential for unknown drawbacks for a large investment right off the bat.

Also shooting lightning while flying would be cool.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 20, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »

Destruction should be our first school. Restoration should be second, but it would be best to finish fights before we get too injured, rather than heal after the fight.

Parcae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 20, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »

Having thought about it, I change my vote to Destruction, then Alteration. DKF is right; Levitation makes everything in the game that isn't ranged a breeze to handle.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 161