Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428353 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #1005 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:25 pm »

Except, again, it looks like we've got, potentially, a dedicated NPC per quest-chain. I imagine Bjorn is clawing his way to the top of the fighters guild chain, or at least I strongly suspect it to be so. The best way to find out is to join the fighters guild and gather information.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 29, 2013, 12:51:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is someone doing that, I'm just not sure if it's Bjorn.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 29, 2013, 07:44:22 pm »

Unrelated, since this is my game, I'm going to take a moment and post an ad for another game I'm starting up:

Changeling Hive Broodlords

OOC thread

Direct link to Game rules

It's very different kind of game than this, but those of you who are on bay12 every day might want to check it out. Feel free to stop by the OOC thread if you have questions.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 29, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »

We should approach another sleeper and make a deal to give information to Dagoth Ur on an agent of the Blades for safe passage to and from for a visit.

Not going to be a popular idea, but I want to know why we've gotten his attention, and that's an easy way to do it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 29, 2013, 10:45:10 pm »

Don't jump straight to treason. While we should seek out another Sleeper, or question the same one, we should ask questions, see what we can learn. We don't need to sell anyone out.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 29, 2013, 10:56:23 pm »

Shame about the guar not being so practical, that would have been great.  Maybe if Mike goes to visit the ashlanders.  Agreed the other adventurers could be going for a quest line each.  Could be useful to make friends of them ASAP so when they finish Mike has powerful buddies.  Joining fighter's guild sounds good.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 29, 2013, 11:50:39 pm »

We must make friends with the other Adventurers when possible.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:52 am »

Also, put out a quest for Awesomicus to find us and talk to us about an urgent matter of Imperial security

Once we do that, we'll have leads on each of our three adventurers. We'll hear back from Clover when she next reports into Caius. We'll look for Bjorn in the fighters guild. And hopefully Awesomicus will find us.

Meanwhile, we try to make some cash.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 31, 2013, 10:35:29 am »

Standing order: Collect every alchemy ingredient we come across ( not vendor ones ) provided we can do so legally.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:29 pm »

Standing order: Collect every alchemy ingredient we come across
( not vendor ones ) provided we can do so legally.

You're pretty much doing that already, just like you're jump/running all the time. You guys just don't leave town much.

Very little consensus on what to do right now. I'm going to give it another day or two and if we don't get some agreement I'll probably just pick some things being proposed and we'll have a short update. Thing like "heal" and "collect ingredients" sure, we can do those things...but they don't make an update. "Don't do X" suggestions are fine...but again, I can't make an update about not doing things. ManofPaper's suggestion about approaching Dagoth Ur is valid, but Michael's not going to do something that drastic with only one person thinking it's a good idea.

Some of the "ask questions" suggestions we can do, but Hugo...let's be honest: you're metagaming and all you're going to get is fluffy flavor dialogue. Sure, obviously given the game so far...there's been a lot of fluffy flavor dialogue, and I can certainly add that in but it's not going to advance the game at all. This is Morrowind, and I haven't even played these other games you're referring to, so they're not going to be relevant and all I'm going to do is do a web search so I have a clue what you're even talking about and then have an npc tell you that they don't know what you're talking about either, because obviously it doesn't work that way.

Talking to Eddie about Trebonius wanting to kill the Telvanni councilors...ok, sure...but again it's going to be flavor text. And I apologize, but...please could you guys apply a little common sense? You've never even spoken with Trebonius, and you've never seen any order. Plus, that particular quest, "if" we are to assume the questchain exists and follows vanilla (wild assumption, granted, but...) not only would it not even be live until somebody gets very deep into the mage guild quest tree, that quest kills characters who are crucial to the main quest. Now, yes...I acknowledge that obviously the game we're playing here doesn't necessarily follow the PC game. But I think it's not a huge stretch to guess that the "kill the councilors" quest probably hasn't been issued. And if it has, and somebody is acting on it, you have mach bigger problems than just conning Eddie into teaching you magic. But whether or not it has...what exactly are you suggesting you tell Eddie? "Hey, Ed...somebody I've never spoken to might or might not have put out a hit contract on the council. I have no evidence of this, and I don't who who would have been given the hit contract, if it exists." What value does that have to him? Finally, keep in mind the general Telvanni attitude towards murder, and remember that Morrowind is a place where it's completely legal to have people assassinated, provided you go through the proper legal channels...do you really expect them to be surprised? Do you really expect Eddie to say? "Oh, ALMSIVI! What a huge shock! As a former member of a House known for subterfuge and murder, it never occurred to me that our enemies might engage in subterfuge and murder in a province where it is perfectly legal to do so! Yes, I am grateful for this great insight, and surely the council will reward me for bringing this to their attention, despite having absolutely no evidence of it, despite the fact that the source of this information is someone I just met today and have no reason to have any faith in except that they were referred to me by someone who is either a skooma addict or an Imperial spy, and despite the fact that he's given me absolutely not one shred of information that could possibly be used to prevent such an attack, should it hypothetically come to pass."

Come on, guys. Think a little, please.

So...after all the above, all we really have is a suggestion from Xanmyrl to go do general adventuring stuff, and several suggestions from GlyphGlyph. GlyphGlyph is the only one of you I really feel is taking this seriously right now. Now, I'm not trying to encourage or discourage following up on any of his suggestions. It's my intention to remain neutral here. But his suggestions are the only things I see since the last update that seems like have any thought behind them. I'd just like there to be more consensus rather than only one person making serious suggestions and a bunch of fluff suggestions that either haven't been thought out very well, or that....even though they're perfectly reasonable (heal, etc) just aren't substantial enough to do much more with that write a single one-line about.

So, again: I'm going to give this some more time before the next update.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:40 pm »

Alright, but what about my suggestion of interrogating a sleeper? That's hardly fluffy flavor dialogue. If Caius hasn't already found and killed both of them, we could find out many vital things, like whether old Dagoth thinks we're Nerevar Reborn.

There seems to be consensus on finding looting buddies for a nearby dungeon. We should probably decide on a dungeon if we want this to happen. The only one within reasonable distance from Balmora (that I can think of) is Arkngthad, which Clover probably already cleared out when she got the puzzle box for Hasphat. However, Arkngthad has a lower level, far below where the box was, which can be fairly difficult to find if you're not looking for it. There's a chance that it might be untouched.

And like in Oblivion and Skyrim, it's possible that new bandit gangs move into a cleared out hideout after a while. No sense letting a good hideout go to waste, after all.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:40:04 pm by HugoLuman »

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 31, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »

Hey, I have been following lots of suggestions LP's and one thing I have learned is that you gotta try, since you never know what the author is gonna pick up and run with, so I am just throwing out ideas and sees what sticks.

But its hard to figure out exactly what level of detail you want in our suggestion. Either its to broad and fluffy or too specific. I was hoping you would add the necessary fluff as you saw fit, like using the fact that you are a member of the legion (and blades) to substantiate your claim, saying something to the effect that there have been an investigation into it that you learned of. I mean, maybe Trebonius one day just woke up and decided that the councilors needed to die and then just picked the first adventure that came through the door, but I think there is a good chance its a plot he have been brewing on for a while, enough for there to be some traces, something to implicate him that somebody looking for the clues would find.

And I wasn't expecting fast eddie to be shocked. Even in Morrowind where its legal I doubt anyone would like to be murdered and would appreciate a warning of it possibly happening. Appreciate it enough to pardon fast eddie, especially if he could dig up something to substantiate it. And enough to earn us some education. I mean, its the only thing we have to offer as weak as we are, our knowledge of the game world. Best we can do is try our best to work with it.

Either way, if you do not feel like going with it I would suggest joining the fighters guild and get some quests or something done, Might as well put the legion training to good use, and joining them seems like our best chance of making some money and getting some adventuring experience until we get the money for mage training.

And I guess joining up with someone else or something might be useful enough, given how weak we are.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:10:54 pm by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 31, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »

also, here is how the info could be useful to us:
Tell fast Eddy that we are part of an investigation into Trebonius. We have evidence of this plot but we need more, and that means we need to be a member, which we can't until we learn magic. But surely evidence of this plot would be useful to getting fast Eddy back into their good graces. In exchange for his training, we'll report our findings to him and let him take credit for uncovering the plot.

Surely.saving their lives will get Fast Eddy back into their good graces
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:34:00 pm by GlyphGryph »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 31, 2013, 05:35:35 pm »

You know what, inspired by Hostergaard, let me throw a different suggestion in:

We have some clout with the Empire. The Empire has political influence in Morrowind.

Speak to Caius about our need to learn magic as necessary to survive. Attempt to get Caius to exert influence on House Telvanni to take Eddie back as a favour. If successful, Eddie should know that this is dependant on him teaching Michael proper spellcasting.

Also, is there a consensus that Michael should do some raiding? We could do this the old fashioned way, and go to a tavern or even the Fighters' Guild and see if we can recruit adventurers. We have insider knowledge on location of treasure; they get an even share (means we get less, but we also survive)

Thoughts?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 31, 2013, 05:38:47 pm »

Also we could probably convince someone to store our armor and stuff for a small fee if we ask around. Or we could keep it at the fighters guild somewhere maybe. We need to do SOMETHING with it and soon
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 161