Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428319 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #630 on: July 01, 2013, 12:06:12 am »

Oh I agree it's dangerous, but that's the point of trying to mitigate the risks.  He is presumably totally allowed to pick up table wear etc so there doesn't have to be sneaking involved.  The point of running to another faction is to hopefully safeguard against the imperial hunt.  Or Mike could stay in the legion for a year obeying orders?  The thieves guild just wants money.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 01, 2013, 12:43:45 am »

The Thieve's Guild? All the way back in Balmora? Or Ald'Ruun? That's quite the distance to steal away in one night, you know.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 01, 2013, 01:00:56 am »

OK, how about LordBuckets idea of faking death on patrol?  Mike could try to carry as much as possible on the pretence of wanting to prepare for every eventuality.  Not sure how to bloody the armour though.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 01, 2013, 01:11:28 am »

Or we could try other plans first. Those should really be last resorts.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 01, 2013, 02:06:23 am »

Yeah it is a bit drastic.  If Mike could get reassigned to Balmora that would allow a lot of nighttime investigation and advancement without the great risks, perhaps.  If a chance to fake death presents itself it should be taken.  But I think being a bit more proactive about advancement would be better.  Right now the only reason to stay in the legion is... For some training and not getting hunted down by the legion?  Talking to caius is a decent idea, but I'm not sure if writing a note would work this time.  Unless Mike forged the note the nevarine shows caius, which I guess he could do with our knowledge.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 01, 2013, 02:42:14 am »

No, I'm not suggesting we pretend we're the main quest protagonist, I say we walk in and just recount to him every item he owns, where they are, what skills he has, his position in the blades, and current mission status. In short, show that not only do we know more than we should, we know WAY more than we should. And thus, might know things he doesn't know.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #636 on: July 01, 2013, 02:46:30 am »

I think we should go with this training program until its over and then try to get assigned to Balmora. We could then easily get involved with the Thieves Guild in our off-time.

It would make for some interesting and exciting events, playing both sides like that. There's a slight potential for danger, but it sounds awfully fun, and if we get in trouble with the Thieves or the Legion we could always just back out into either faction.

The Thieves don't go murdering people so they wouldn't harm us if we decided to quit, and the Legion would never be able to find us as member's of the Thieves, and they'd forget about us in a week or two, and its not like we'd have to disappear because who cares about some deserted footsoldier who no one has ever heard of or seen before a few weeks ago? And even then, thats only if we get caught or manage to piss off the Thieves (which we won't).

Either way we'd have a good source of plot, and plenty to do. I say we go for it!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:52:05 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #637 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:10 am »

Also, since I can't see any harm in it, practice a bit of sneaking. Just try walking up behind people without them hearing you. Take off our armour if it proves to difficult a task to perform while wearing it.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 01, 2013, 03:01:08 am »

No, I'm not suggesting we pretend we're the main quest protagonist, I say we walk in and just recount to him every item he owns, where they are, what skills he has, his position in the blades, and current mission status. In short, show that not only do we know more than we should, we know WAY more than we should. And thus, might know things he doesn't know.

This is a nice idea, but kind of a sledgehammer to poor caius.  I say we pretend to be the nevarrine, which might get him to spill what he knows, and we might be able to even convince him that, if there is another, that one is fake.  If the other PCs are a threat, mike's knowledge might be able to turn caius against them?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 01, 2013, 03:03:56 am »

...and its not like we'd have to disappear because who cares about some deserted footsoldier who no one has ever heard of or seen before a few weeks ago? And even then, thats only if we get caught or manage to piss off the Thieves (which we won't).
Oh, but the Legion does go to lengths to kill random deserters. They'll put out a relatively juicy bounty and leave it at that, if we're lucky. Best case scenario, they think something happened to poor scrawny Mike, but there'd be a "keep an eye out for this missing soldier."

Anyway, though, even if Caius cant get us out, we could at least find out more about our situation. If there are PC(s), then at least one of them will have visited him.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 01, 2013, 03:24:50 am »

-- Submission cutoff for episode 30

Update probably tomorrow morning-ish.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 01, 2013, 07:46:54 am »

Jesus guys... I think you're all focusing on the wrong things here. We neither need or want to go AWOL at this point. With basic completed we talk to the general and see if we can't get another assignment (for instance Battlemage training) or at least the status as an irregular troop. Burning bridges and hauling off and joining the Thieves Guild is a bad idea.
-J-
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:34:39 am by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 01, 2013, 09:12:06 am »

Going AWOL will get us killed.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 01, 2013, 10:26:05 am »

Hey guys, great idea on getting michael to get a divine intervention scroll and then to go AWOL.  Now if we're in trouble we can teleport into the middle of an imperial fort.   ::)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:44 am »

Eh. I feel like most of my suggestions, even the ones that were supported, have been pretty consistent ignored. I will be following along but not participating from hereon out. I look forward to y'all getting Michael killed.

There seemed to be more support for talking to the commander than going to visit the orc, but I guess the orc wins out somehow? Who the heck knows, right?

Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 161