Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428377 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #1020 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:41 pm »

Also we could probably convince someone to store our armor and stuff for a small fee if we ask around. Or we could keep it at the fighters guild somewhere maybe. We need to do SOMETHING with it and soon

Is there a local Legion barracks? We could explain that we are on detached duty, and need to temporarily store our cuirass there.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 31, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »

For raiding, we can only afford to go with people of relatively good moral character who doesn't demand an advance payment. We can't pay anyone up front, and we don't want to get betrayed. Bjorn would be ideal.

I don't think we should get involved with any Telvani-related murder plots. Those are extremely lethal. We can probably talk him down some, and we'll get some more cash if we can loot a dungeon. Hell, we're good if we can just find another Restore Magicka ingredient. For informing, we'd need more evidence, or at least more details. All we know is that there IS a plot, and in the Game it takes the form of some really powerful adventurer being sent to murder the councilors.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 01, 2013, 03:48:46 am »

I still think making a snatch and grab to go get Mentors ring from the Samarys Tomb near Seyda Neen is a good idea, either to use ourself in our pursuit of magical skill or as a means of exchange for Fast Eddie's training. There should be only 2 (maybe a few more) low level undead to deal with, a shrine in the tomb and some decent scrolls as loot.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:16:31 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 01, 2013, 04:38:31 am »

Entering ancestor tombs is like screaming "Lynch me!" to the local dunmer.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 01, 2013, 01:16:11 pm »

Well... that tomb is a bit out of the way. And it's a small tomb, not likely belonging to a rich or large family who's likely to check up. You have to swim a little to get to it, iirc. Could be worth the risk. Mind you, we'd need to go to Seyda Neen.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 01, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »

To toss a few more votes on the pile: I agree with joining the Fighter's Guild, won't kill us and would probably help with more than a few things. We'd probably get cred for being in the Imperial Guard anyhow.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 01, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

We haven't actually rented the room yet, have we? LordBucket listed as a reason we have less money now, but I don't think we've actually signed and paid for it yet. Join the Fighters' Guild, if all they want is monthly dues.

As for places to crash, bear in mind we can sleep in any guard barracks.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 01, 2013, 03:20:01 pm »

No Fighters Guild, at least not in Balmora, where they have ties to the Camonna Tong).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 01, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »

No Fighters Guild, at least not in Balmora, where they have ties to the Camonna Tong).

Explain what these ties are and why they matter to us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 01, 2013, 03:24:24 pm »

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Eydis_Fire-Eye

EDIT: It matters because she gives the PC a mission to kill some dudes that are totally in the Thieves Guild, and if I remember correctly it causes you to be unable to join them. Think about how severe the ramifications could be if she had us doing her dirty work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:26:43 pm by Man of Paper »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 01, 2013, 03:25:51 pm »

Okay, so if that answers the first question, it really just makes the second one all the larger since the implicit answer is "it doesn't".

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 01, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »

Well, here's my counter to that: Do you think the Thieves Guild will let someone who works for the Imperial Guard to work with them? And if they do, do you think they won't abuse that and put us in a position where we'd either piss them off, or piss the guard off? I say fuck the Thieves Guild personally. They threw us out on our face, lets be petty and not forgive that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 01, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »

Let's not make them our enemy, they'll kill us in our sleep if we go near Balmora. No, I think the fighter's guild is safe, because Eydis Fire-Eye wouldn't task someone like us to kill someone for the Tong. And if she does, we can just refuse the contract.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:48 pm »

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Eydis_Fire-Eye

EDIT: It matters because she gives the PC a mission to kill some dudes that are totally in the Thieves Guild, and if I remember correctly it causes you to be unable to join them. Think about how severe the ramifications could be if she had us doing her dirty work.
We don't have to accept every quest given to us, and why the heck do we care about the thieves guild anyway? We have no desire to join the Thieve's guild. We are primarily joining the fighter's guild to make friends and influence people, it's ludicrous to avoid that opportunity simply because there might eventually be a quest we might choose to do that could have consequences that honestly don't really matter much to us.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 01, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »

Eydis is with the racist, evil version of the Thieves Guild. Consider that.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 161