Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Freya The WIZARD-HERO: BOSS FIGHT INITIATED  (Read 9381 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Wizard: Reality Is Your Bitch
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 09:40:27 pm »

HOLY BALLS THIS IS HAPPEN

1A
2 Male, Merlin Narmor
3B
4B
5E
Ritual, Elemental, Kinetic, Metacreative, Projective, Summoning
7B
8D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 11:47:08 pm »

You reflect on your origin story in a BULLET POINTS from the FIRST PERSON.

- When I was born, an EVIL QUEEN placed a MYSTERIOUS CURSE on me.
- I was born a FEMALE named Freya.
- When I was a CHILD, I spent my days at home, READING BOOKS.
- Everything changed when I discovered my MAGICAL AFFINITY.
- I decided to study wizardry because I wanted to UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE..
- I have mastered the MAGIC DOMAINS of: Ritual, Blood, Chaos, Alchemical, and Summoning.
- I have mastered the MENTAL DOMAINS of: Metacreativity.
- I have mastered the AURIC DOMAINS of: Reflection.
- When I finished my studies, I went on a QUEST with SMALL HAIRY PEOPLE and fought a DRAGON.
- For the past few years, I've been researching POWERFUL WIZARD STUFF.

Name: Freya
STR 9 / DEX 11 / INT 19 / WIS 10 / CHA 13 / CON 15
HP:  81/81
Mana: 75/75
MAGIC DOMAINS: Ritual, Blood, Chaos, Alchemical, and Summoning.
MENTAL DOMAIN: Metacreativity.
AURIC DOMAIN: Reflection.

Known WIZARDLY POWERS:
RITUAL OF REFLECTION
ALCHEMICAL BLOODSTONE
SUMMONING MASTERY
BOOM!, BOOM2!, BOOM3!
THE SIGHT
INVOKE WIZARDLY CLONE
PHILOSOPHER'S LAPIS

Possessions:
1 Wizard Robe
1 Wizard Hat
1 Set Of Alchemical Tools
1 Ritual Spellbook
100 Dragon Scales
1 Mummified Dragon Claw
1 Dragon Heart
1 Dragon Eye

Minions:
3 Dwarvenly Dragonslayers
10 Generic Minions
5 Mindless Zombies

Residence:
1 COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARDLY TENT

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freya The Wizard: Reality Is Your Bitch
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 12:01:31 am »

You emerge from your WIZARD HAT into your COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARD TENT, which you share with the surviving three DWARVENLY DRAGONSLAYERS, ten GENERIC MINIONS, and five MINDLESS ZOMBIES. It SMELLS BAD in your WIZARD TENT, and it is not just your ALCHEMICAL INGREDIENTS.  One of your GENERIC MINIONS asks you why, if you are such a BIG-SHOT WIZARD,  is everyone living in a TENT. You inform him that it is a WIZARD TENT, and that he should SILENCE HIS IMPUDENT WORD-HOLE before you do SOMETHING UNPLEASANT. A MINDLESS ZOMBIE attempts to laugh, which mostly sounds like an AGONIZED WHEEZE. A DWARVENLY DRAGONSLAYER mentions her DWARVEN ORIGINS. You fail to GIVE A SHIT.

Deciding that you have had enough COMPANY for the morning before you brew your WIZARDLY BEAN-DERIVED ENERGY CONCOCTION, consume a WIZARDLY SUGARY PASTRY, and imbibe a fresh pipe of your WIZARDLY HERBS, you go outside and set up your STEAM-POWERED KETTLE by the fire. After pouring the black ENERGY CONCOCTION into your WIZARDLY MUG, you add a REASONABLE AMOUNT of CREAM and HONEY, stir, and enjoy the BEST PART OF WAKING UP.

As you perform your WAKING UP RITUAL, you PONDER how you will UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE this morning.

Do you..

A) Do SOMETHING UNPLEASANT to the GENERIC MINION?
B) Seek out PLANTS OF AN ALCHEMICAL NATURE?
C) Pack up the WIZARD TENT and continue to YOUR DESTINATION?
D) Find something to HILARIOUSLY MURDER?
E) Wait for FATE to PROVIDE YOU WITH AMUSEMENT?
F) Manipulate REALITY through your VAST AND COSMIC POWER? (please EXPLAIN how you desire to MAKE REALITY YOUR BITCH)
G) something ELSE?

Spoiler: Freya The Wizard (click to show/hide)

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 12:09:19 am »

edit: [[ i wrote this before the second post by Ross ]], so i guess F/G.

At this junction in our life I propose we conduct a RITUAL OF REFLECTION to determine the true course of one's future.

Then ... ooh, minions ...
The Generic Minions should scout out for a location for our base of operations Castle Of Ultimate Contemplation. We will need to live somewhere while we try to UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE.. After all, we can only understand so much of the universe from the inside of a COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARDLY TENT.

[[ no description given with the WIZARDLY POWERS, so i just thought i'd use one to find out about it ... how else are we going to UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE ]]
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 12:30:30 am »

A) Do SOMETHING UNPLEASANT to the GENERIC MINION?
F) Manipulate REALITY through your VAST AND COSMIC POWER?
Combo time;

Deciding that it might be a good way to warm up your MENTAL PROWESS for today, you set onto TRANSMUTING your COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARD TENT into STONE, practically turning it into a CASTLE. Do not fail to DIRECT A JEERING QUESTION at your GENERIC MINION if he likes your shared residence better now (nor fail to MAKE THEIR SLEEPSTEADS INTO STONE, while keeping your own as FLUFFY as it is supposed to be).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 12:52:18 am »

F

Make our WIZARD TENT into a FLYING CASTLE through the use of POWERS.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 02:58:51 am »

no description given with the WIZARDLY POWERS, so i just thought i'd use one to find out about it ... how else are we going to UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE

[[...Of COURSE I forgot that. Hurr durr Imma genius, guys!

Spoiler: Component seeds (click to show/hide)

RITUAL OF REFLECTION:
Ritual: abjure, divination
Reflective: abjure
Alchemical: abjure
Metacreative: creation
Chaos: everything, nothing

The Ritual of Reflection's primary use is to function as a passive source of armor providing a great deal of protection, but the element of divination allows for a functional, magic-enabled precognition. Active focus can channel the protective energies into expanding the precognition's target time.

ALCHEMICAL BLOODSTONE
Blood: necromancy, heal, dark magic, binding
Alchemical: heal, transmute
Metacreative: create
Reflective: transmute
Chaos: something

The Alchemical Bloodstone is a stone that absorbs health through bloodshed. You possess the ability to tear someone's blood forth from their veins and transmute it into a glowing red crystal. When shattered, the crystal within begins to leak a blood-like fluid that restores your health. You haven't been on the receiving end of this WIZARDLY POWER, but you understand it's painful and totally metal.

SUMMONING MASTERY
Summon: summon, create
Metacreative: summon, create
Blood: calling, compulsion
Chaos: anything, everything
Ritual: transportation

You're really good at summoning things.

BOOM!
Blood: evocation
Metacreative: evocation
BOOM!

BOOM2!
Blood: evocation, dark magic
Metacreative: evocation, creation

BOOOOOOOM!

BOOM3!
Blood: evocation, dark magic, binding
Alchemical: evocation, transmutation
Metacreative: evocation, creating, summoning
Reflective: transmutation

DOOM.

THE SIGHT
Summoning: illusion
Reflective: illusion
Chaos: nothing

With this, you can see things as they reallyare. You try to not do this too much because WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN. Also, illusions are your bitch.

INVOKE WIZARDLY CLONE
Blood: bindings, calling
Summoning: summoning, creation
Metacreative: creation, summoning
Ritual: transportation

You make a Wizardly Clone of yourself and split your stats in half with him. While you can just keep making more, weaker copies of yourself, you've never really understood the point of doing so past four of you.

PHILOSOPHER'S LAPIS

Alchemical: transmutation, healing
Summoning: creation
Metacreative: creation

You can turn stuff into gold and rejuvenate yourself. Sorry, no immortality, but it sure can extend your "natural" life span. Not as if you're worried about such things as a "life span", what with your knowing Death's chaotic brother who likes to cheat him out of a few folk every now and again. Literally, you know the god. He's kind of an asshole, but in hilarious manners.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:02:18 am by Ross Vernal »

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 04:30:13 am »

well, other than using The Sight to achieve the potential of our castle (altered by our Meta-Creative skill in Reflection, Summoning, Chaos and Ritual), i agree with myself and the other ideas :)
keep the earlier idea of finding the ultimate design and place for our new abode, before we then transmography/summon/create/evoke/transport/aburate our castle into existence. At the very least, the limits we find imposed on spatial/compositional manipulation of our COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARDLY TENT should be informative.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 06:37:46 am »

Transform the COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARD TENT into an even larger COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARD TENT!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 09:05:47 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:03:12 pm by Bronimin »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:29 am »

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »

You decide to make a FLYING WIZARD CASTLE. The first order of business is to perform the RITUAL OF REFLECTION to decide where your FLYING WIZARD CASTLE is going to be. You pass your hand over the BEAN-DERIVED ENERGY CONCOCTION and mumble WORDS OF POWER, focusing your energies into the CONCOCTION.

You IMBIBE the CONCOCTION.

You are yourself, much later in the same day. You are standing on a hill far to the south of your present location, surrounded by a HENGE OF ROCK. The COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARD TENT is hovering. As you begin to perform a DIGNIFIED WIZARDLY DANCE, the SPECIAL FABRIC begins to TRANSMUTE into the same kind of STONE present in the HENGE. As you watch and dance, the COMICALLY OVERSIZED WIZARD TENT begins to grow into the hill, shifting its form into a TOTALLY NON-PHALLIC WIZARD TOWER that has a COMMANDING VIEW of the surrounding area.

It occurs to you that it would be REALLY COOL to make the WIZARD TOWER into a FLYING WIZARD TOWER, but you appear to be SHORT ON MANA because of VAGUE SHENANIGANS that occurred.

You are yourself in the PRESENT MOMENT. After swallowing the last dregs of the BEAN-DERIVED ENERGY CONCOCTION, it occurs to you that you could benefit from SPECIFIC MINIONS before you HEAD SOUTH. As a MASTER SUMMONER, you ENVISION SPECIFIC MINIONS and COMPEL THEIR PRESENCE and OBEDIENCE.

What kind of SPECIFIC MINIONS do you INVOKE?

A) Minions who are good at STABBING THINGS
B) Minions who FABRICATE THINGS
C) A MINION who can do either A or B (please specify)
D) Minions who can USE POWERS?
E) Some other kind of MINION?

Name: Freya
STR 9 / DEX 11 / INT 19 / WIS 10 / CHA 13 / CON 15
HP:  81/81
Mana: 55/75

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 02:17:07 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

I am assuming you are referring to the kinds of magic and just what we do.

The "component seeds" represent what abilities you have with that specific type of power. It is assumed you can perform pretty much any sort of basic spell/aura/psyche of the seeds you have. Like, you don't need to combine Blood Magic with anything to turn a corpse into a zombie, and it doesn't drain much of your mana. However, combining Blood Magic with Metacreative powers makes for a much more powerful zombie at the price of more mana.

By combining "component seeds" you can create a new WIZARDLY POWER, which basically means "epic spell". It takes time to research, create, and refine a WIZARDLY POWER and have it work as expected, but you can assemble any sort of WIZARDLY POWER on the fly and it stands a chance of working.

The definition of our current seeds is as follows, and is is cribbed from d20srd.org / Wikipedia.

Spoiler: Seed Descriptions (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

Minions who USE POWERS to MAKE THEMSELVES BETTER AT STABBING THINGS.
Sig! Onol

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 06:23:19 pm »

did drinking the IMBIBE'd concoction have any effect?

c) stabby minions please, except for 1 minion. WE Require a MYSTERIOUS BUTLER/CARETAKER for our TOTALLY NON-PHALLIC WIZARD TOWER.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9