Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Founder is a traitor to Dwarfkind!  (Read 1243 times)

CreamyDoughnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Founder is a traitor to Dwarfkind!
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »

Let me tell you story of Boweltown, a colony of The Crazy Page Dwarves. It was a hole in the mountain, there were many like it but this one was commanded by a new overseer greener than the pasture grass outside. He knew how to feed his flock, provide the basic necessities, and punch the crap out of a thieving Kea when needed. Yet the finer aspects of !SCIENCE! and even the advanced aspects of military were still an unknown. The brave sons of Boweltown were trained to handle goblins and preparations had begun on a vast trap network, to replaced some of the bloated and under-supplied military. Things were peaceful, prosperous... boring.

The overseer wanted fun, and it found him.

-200 undead creatures, commanded by three necromancers
-16 goblin ambushers and child-snatchers
-an Elven caravan
-20 of Boweltown's bravest sons
-6 Giant Keas

The odds were stacked agains-

And that's how far the thought got before reanimated hair slaughtered the master butcher of the fort. A horde without fear poured over traps with more effort than it took to hack apart most of the proud militia and add their numbers to they. The welcomed Elf caravan took its sweet time reaching the blood-soaked gates before falling to the vile undead, and being raised by Necromancers. The mayor of Boweltown attempted to rally, but a suicidal Kea stole a masterful artifact in the chaos, enraging a wounded, thirsty blacksmith who was serving as Boweltown's greatest son. His mace was named Kinslayer by the end of the day.

The Goblins? dead and their corpses filled the last traps of the lowest levels, making way for a flood of cursed Dwarves who spared neither kitten or child. All 97 Dwarves would see an undead horror by the end of the second day.

And Boweltown? The mayor released his bowels for sure, but in the chaos he slew one of the bastards that brought with him the downfall of the fort.

The overseer abandoned them, and in his effort to reclaim his rotting mountainhome, 21 dwarves of military origin joined the forces of the surviving two necromancers.

Something had happened, this attack was strange, there was a necromancer tower far away, but the horde that came was larger than he had ever heard of. He manned other forts, but his mind always returned to the furious onslaught. He dug deep into the history of Crazy Page (weeks after the attack), his mind not allowing the tragic loss to rest easy. He discovered the tale of the founder of his kingdom. He was a necromancer, one who was among the first of his kind. He'd married a vampire wrench, and given up the throne to pursue the dark-arts. He was scum...

And his apprentice Ocda Kneadedsearches had been at the spear-point of the Boweltown siege. He died only because he brazenly entered the legendary dinning hall expecting dead flesh and echoing screams. With the crossbow bolt to his face, his death revealed the first stepping stone of the road of depravity taken by an obsessive necromancer who fancied himself an author instead of a noble king.

So, I think my founder needs to die. He's still alive and sorting his damn books. The other two Necromancers are his apprentices too. I have his name penned in the grudge book, now I just need to kill him somehow.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: My Founder is a traitor to Dwarfkind!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:19 pm »

Being a necromancer isn't necessarily evil!

Surely you remember Luc Bakecakes?!

A sweet little home maker who dabbled in the dark arts over tea and biscuits?

CreamyDoughnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

He loved his apprentice enough to write a boring book about him. He probably described in droning detail how he trained him to despise all of Crazy Page.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »

Wait a minute. Is the necromancer who attacked you the current leader of your civilization?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

CreamyDoughnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »

Wait a minute. Is the necromancer who attacked you the current leader of your civilization?

Nah, but he trained the ones that attacked me. He was the first king of Crazy Page.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 12:31:38 am »

No other necromancer ever unlived that could compare to Tirist Entrancetraded.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dude even wrote entire books making fun of his other books.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:30 am »

He trained Ocda Kneadedsearches in Necromancy, he wrote a book about him and then he killed him.  :o

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 01:17:44 am »

He trained Ocda Kneadedsearches in Necromancy, he wrote a book about him and then he killed him.  :o

Ocda was killed by a different dwarf.

Also, the book was described as thoroughly mechanical so it's probably just a list of the reasons why Ocda Kneadsearches was terrible at being an apprentice.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 12:24:03 pm »

If you manage to impress your leader enough to get him to migrate to you fortress, you can wait until he has a viable heir and then just off him at your convenience.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 01:48:24 pm »

If you manage to impress your leader enough to get him to migrate to you fortress, you can wait until he has a viable heir and then just off him at your convenience.

Yes... Rig his legendary throne room with a trap that causes his throne to be encased in Obsidian. Then put him into your statue garden.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."