Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Vampire Question  (Read 360 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another Vampire Question
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:56 am »

I recently lost my Broker to a pack of crundles.  The dwarf best suited for his replacement is a vampire.  I would like to appoint the vampire as the new broker, but I do not want my him killing my dwarves. 

This particular vampire is confined to quarters as defined by a burrow.  If I extend the burrow to include the trade depot, the vampire could serve as a very effective broker.  My question is as follows:  will a vampire victimize dwarves in public?  Or do they only go after sleeping dwarves?

Thanks.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Vampire Question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »

Vampires only feed on sleeping dwarfs. This could also include unconcious dwarfs in the middle of the floor though, so be careful.

pR1sm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Vampire Question
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:56:45 pm »

wouldnt assigning him to a room and then locking said room forever work? vampires need neither food nor drink afaik. the perfect clerk ^^
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:59:26 pm by pR1sm »