Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42866 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2013, 05:47:50 pm »

Ouya is clearly the best investment, though. Best value for the dollar. Has lots of games the other systems won't, super-open to indies, emulators, and the whole E3 shenanigans were hilarious.
Ouya isn't a serious console though, i would see it at most compete against WiiU. Its not a fast system and i have yet to see a hardcore game on a android platform.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 27, 2013, 04:16:26 am »

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 27, 2013, 04:49:50 am »

I am so going to buy the Ouya.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 27, 2013, 05:05:36 am »

@Sensei

I think that image is a fake. why you ask?
Bing does not have an autocomplete feature like google. It only suggests things you've previously written in.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 27, 2013, 05:54:05 am »

Yeah, bing only seems to show search history.

Google does though, and at least thats amusing.

Ouya is clearly the best investment, though. Best value for the dollar. Has lots of games the other systems won't, super-open to indies, emulators, and the whole E3 shenanigans were hilarious.
Ouya isn't a serious console though, i would see it at most compete against WiiU. Its not a fast system and i have yet to see a hardcore game on a android platform.

If more people adopted it then we might see some "hardcore" games.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 27, 2013, 06:01:11 am »

I am hoping one day Valve will make an open console running Linux, there is no reason not to make a PC console right?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 27, 2013, 06:17:33 am »

Isn't Valve making their own console? The Steambox or something like that?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:06 am »

@Sensei

Bing does not have an autocomplete feature like google. It only suggests things you've previously written in.

This is simply not true. I almost never use bing, and I have certainly never typed in "the xbox one is amazing" and yet when I went there it auto completed to that.

Two things are notable:

I am using a noscript, and unless I let bing though it can't autocomplete. And the same for google, but google is allowed to run by noscript by default. Perhaps you also have a script blocker that allows google but not bing?

Additionally, if you just leave out the word 'is' bing auto completes it relatively equivalent to google, terrible going to fail ect. Also it gives more then one autocomplete, where the is only gives one for some reason.

I don't know, it certainly could be intentional, which would explain why only the very specific addition of is works and why it only gives one option. On the other hand it doesn't really make sense if they were going to do it to limit it to such a specific thing as that adding one word changes it, additionally adding is to other searches also sometime has other odd effects on bing, removing or changing autocompletes even when one would think it would not.

I think it is most likely that it is just a quirk in how bing handles words like 'is'.

Edit: This post brought to you by the word additional and the number $.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:17:49 am by Criptfeind »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:43 am »

@Sensei

I never use Bing.
I just tried it, the picture is truth.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 27, 2013, 10:50:28 am »

If you remove "the" in your search, bing says xbox one is bad. A quirk in the search coding.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 27, 2013, 11:50:49 am »

Now that they don't actually have to deliver the Family Sharing thing they can pretend it would've been amazing, rather than a glorified demo service.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »

Now that they don't actually have to deliver the Family Sharing thing they can pretend it would've been amazing, rather than a glorified demo service.
"It was going to be so awesome!  Too bad you ain't never gonna see it now.  And IF we do decide to implement it on a future date, it is going to be a watered down version.  You non believers are missing out on so muchruined it for everyone." 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:47:14 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2013, 03:23:34 pm »

If you remove "the" in your search, bing says xbox one is bad. A quirk in the search coding.
No, it's clearly a product of them setting that one specific search autofill manually, whereas the others remain dynamic and possibly stolen from google. They presumably got the idea from Google humiliating them earlier, with a similar trick where they set a large, random string of characters to lead to a specific page (manually, nobody was searching it) and found the same result showed up in bing.

ITT: Bing still gets all their ideas from Google.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #478 on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »

Which makes their commercials about random people on the street liking Bing more than Google in a blind "taste test" all the more pathetic.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 27, 2013, 04:55:50 pm »

@Sensei

I never use Bing.
I just tried it, the picture is truth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It has autocomplete, I never use Bing either.

This. I don't think they're trying to cover up much.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:01:43 pm by Zyxl »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37