Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42904 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #450 on: June 24, 2013, 12:20:27 pm »

Because really none of the next gen consoles are worth buying. They're the same as their precursors with more social media bullshit added in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 24, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »

No, they're less terrible than 7 year old things, with more social bullshit. If they were the same no one would bother buying them at all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #452 on: June 24, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »

So...what are the odds they make account sharing doable for digital games? That basically makes it opt in and let's them see whether the audience actually want digital or not. But I'm betting that would be too good for the customer for it to be something they are comfortable with...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:11:10 pm by MorleyDev »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:54 pm »

If they were the same no one would bother buying them at all.
If that were true, no one would bother buying Call of Duty.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 24, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »

If they were the same no one would bother buying them at all.
If that were true, no one would bother buying Call of Duty.
Theres a difference between software and hardware though. The latter doesn't change at all until new parts/new consoles, the former looks slightly better as the console ages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 24, 2013, 03:25:00 pm »

The only reason Microsoft is suddenly going "Oh, you don't want this 24 hour check in? Well, I SUPPOSE we won't be able to give you your family sharing plan..." is because they want people to feel as if they're missing out on a big feature, and will feel more willing to accept a possible 24 hour check in feature.

Potentially false leaks aside, just think for a moment what Microsoft probably intended to do with the sharing plan. Firstly, lets look at the name. FAMILY sharing plan. They probably only intended for it to be shared amongst your family, obviously, and probably intended to put in certain measures to prevent people from getting around it and using it.

Secondly, do you really imagine Microsoft (Who wants to get rid of used games sales, I might add) would allow people just to share games with no strings attached? Even if you just gave your friend a digital copy, and then your copy would be unusable until you got it back, do you REALLY imagine Microsoft would do this without any kind of monetary profit? 
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 24, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

I would be amazed if there were no strings attached. But MS did say in interviews that your "family" could be any ten people from around the world.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 24, 2013, 03:29:34 pm »

The only reason Microsoft is suddenly going "Oh, you don't want this 24 hour check in? Well, I SUPPOSE we won't be able to give you your family sharing plan..." is because they want people to feel as if they're missing out on a big feature, and will feel more willing to accept a possible 24 hour check in feature.

Potentially false leaks aside, just think for a moment what Microsoft probably intended to do with the sharing plan. Firstly, lets look at the name. FAMILY sharing plan. They probably only intended for it to be shared amongst your family, obviously, and probably intended to put in certain measures to prevent people from getting around it and using it.

Secondly, do you really imagine Microsoft (Who wants to get rid of used games sales, I might add) would allow people just to share games with no strings attached? Even if you just gave your friend a digital copy, and then your copy would be unusable until you got it back, do you REALLY imagine Microsoft would do this without any kind of monetary profit? 
Well amazon pulls off sharing books and videos very well within their membership but Microsoft can be greedy bastards if they want to.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 24, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »

Well amazon pulls off sharing books and videos very well within their membership but Microsoft can be greedy bastards if they want to.
Amazon isn't dedicated to getting rid of the used book industry, and Microsoft has a worse reputation in the gaming community.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 24, 2013, 04:49:36 pm »

I think the PS4 exclusives are really only for people invested in the franchises or Japanese games. Not enjoying Japanese games I think the Xbox One is a better option.
The only exclusives I played for PS3/360 were Uncharted, Halo, and Gears of War. Halo and Gears of War were pretty bad. I don't see really see your point. The only exclusives that are ever major selling points are Nintendo's.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 24, 2013, 04:53:29 pm »

And thats partially because Nintendo has so many of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 24, 2013, 05:25:18 pm »

Ouya is clearly the best investment, though. Best value for the dollar. Has lots of games the other systems won't, super-open to indies, emulators, and the whole E3 shenanigans were hilarious.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 24, 2013, 05:32:43 pm »

Ouya is clearly the best investment, though. Best value for the dollar. Has lots of games the other systems won't, super-open to indies, emulators, and the whole E3 shenanigans were hilarious.
I hope that was a joke.
Welcome to Reality.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 24, 2013, 05:34:08 pm »

After watching the E3 trailers, I no longer see any reason to bother buying those consoles for the exclusives.  The Halo out now is not the Halo it was, and with the main triliogy over I don't really care anymore about Gears. 

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 24, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

After watching the E3 trailers, I no longer see any reason to bother buying those consoles for the exclusives.  The Halo out now is not the Halo it was, and with the main triliogy over I don't really care anymore about Gears.
This. I was disappointed by Halo 4. I kept asking, "where's the big explanation of why all this is happening?" but it never came.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37