Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42913 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #435 on: June 20, 2013, 07:45:15 pm »

oh man, Microsoft should just cut Internet access of the Xbox pr department, cos these guys do not know when to shut up!  I love how they make out this was just some disgruntled employee sounding off, it's kind of like an alternate reality role play over at their office.  If they keep this up till launch, could be pretty entertaining.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 20, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »

For people who don’t want these amazing additions, like Don said we have a console for that and it’s called Xbox 360.

Funny, I was going to say for people that didn't want these "amazing" additions, they'd just not buy your goddamn product.

Appropriate responses to that line in the article: Lulz or a Facepalm

On that note, it seems more like something cooked up from the marketing department.  That last line seems pretty telling to me.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 20, 2013, 08:55:52 pm »

"Heartbroken Xbox One employee lets rip."

So yeah, basically Microsoft thinks used games are killing the industry. The employee states that although developers never told them that used games were a problem, they could tell they thought so even though they never brought it up in the first place. The more noteworthy part of the article, however is a tidbit of information regarding their previously planned family sharing plan. Guess what? It would of been a 15-45 minute demo, which would then direct the person playing it to the marketplace to buy it.

So yeah, so much for that revolutionary sharing plan.

If you didn't believe that Microsoft planned to lower game costs with the DRM like Steam, as with the last major pastebin leak, then you can't believe this one either. It's pastebin.

Either way, an alternative digital distribution model is deader than a doornail right now.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2013, 09:52:27 pm »

So apparently Microsoft has seen reason and has removed the used game restrictions and always online stuff. 
While it's a step in the right direction, the damage has been done.  What little trust many people might of had is gone now. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:23 pm »

In addition, it never actually had much to offer to begin with.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2013, 11:17:22 pm »

"Heartbroken Xbox One employee lets rip."

So yeah, basically Microsoft thinks used games are killing the industry. The employee states that although developers never told them that used games were a problem, they could tell they thought so even though they never brought it up in the first place. The more noteworthy part of the article, however is a tidbit of information regarding their previously planned family sharing plan. Guess what? It would of been a 15-45 minute demo, which would then direct the person playing it to the marketplace to buy it.

So yeah, so much for that revolutionary sharing plan.

If you didn't believe that Microsoft planned to lower game costs with the DRM like Steam, as with the last major pastebin leak, then you can't believe this one either. It's pastebin.

Either way, an alternative digital distribution model is deader than a doornail right now.
This blog post was leaked by the same person who leaked the specs of both consoles before E3, along with pretty much what would be announced at E3, along with a few other problems including the downgrading of the GPU on the console. So yeah, he could of leaked all of the previous information and then made this up to trick people, I don't know.

But the point of the matter is, people are trying to mourn a system that we only now are finding out would of been shit anyways, so it's pretty humorous in a way.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 21, 2013, 07:44:52 pm »

In addition, they seem to have successfully performed the rare manipulation backflip.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2013, 07:49:00 pm »

The original post could have been so easily faked though, it did not come from an official source and had no proof it was actually from a Microsoft employee. I have no idea why you would consider it anymore trustworthy than those tweets.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 21, 2013, 07:55:04 pm »

Because it's much more amusing. And we can bitch about it.

Isn't it obvious? :P

I suppose it is more amusing :P

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 23, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »

Playstation 3: Giant enemy crabs with weak points, and real time weapon change... RIDGE RACER!!!

Xbox 1: We killed your puppies and kittens and drank their blood.

That really sums up what I think of how bad Xbox is doing right now...
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 23, 2013, 04:09:53 pm »

I wouldn't go 'that' extreme. Also you forgot "599 US dollars"

Speaking of that, those complaining about the price of the consoles should look at a price comparison chart adjusted for inflation.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2013, 04:14:47 pm »

from what I hear, the X bone is now just a more expensive and possibly worse PS4
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2013, 05:00:29 pm »

from what I hear, the X bone is now just a more expensive and possibly worse PS4

The main benefits that the Xbox One has over the PS4 at the moment are the Kinect(If you don't care about the potential spying) and the fact that the Xbox One has many more exclusive games than then PS4. But on the whole I agree with you I think the PS4 is the better console this generation.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:55 am »

I think the PS4 exclusives are really only for people invested in the franchises or Japanese games. Not enjoying Japanese games I think the Xbox One is a better option.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37