Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42926 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2013, 05:26:15 pm »

Yes. I don't WANT an extra thing that could be knocked off and break, thus turning the expensive hardware into an expensive lump of brick.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:25 pm »

Do what some people are suggesting and just put it behind the TV or somewhere it won't break. Something tells me it'll know something it up when it doens't recognize anybody is in the room, though....

EDIT: Put it in a shoe box with an action figure, hahaha. Good joke

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »

Do what some people are suggesting and just put it behind the TV or somewhere it won't break. Something tells me it'll know something it up when it doens't recognize anybody is in the room, though....

"Sentry mode activated."

"Is anyone there?"

"Could you come over here?"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:32:00 pm by Tellemurius »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2013, 05:32:27 pm »

Funny how they're backtracking on something they were so adamant on. They thought their community was absolutely retarded, and would easily accept this. Unfortunately for them, gamers are just stupid, not flat out stupid. So either they'll save this shit for next-gen, or slowly introduce all of the planned features over time so no one will really notice.

Either way, the Xbox One has objectively worse specs than the PS4 and the only real exclusives we can be sure of for the Xbone so far are the yearly casual FPS games. Expect more Microsoft damage control, and a move by Sony to make their console even more appealing in comparison in the future.

Fuck, I'm not going to even buy any of these consoles. I'm just getting really sick of Microsoft by now.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.
Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold ... require that the disc be in the tray.
We had a new middleground between traditional retail and Steam. It was progressive? Well fuck that, it's been shitcanned.

FUCK
ALL OF MY RAGE

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

Yes. Locking your down console tighter than Fort Knox sure was "progressive."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2013, 05:37:51 pm »

So you're disappointed that a vague idea, which was only presented because people were angry about not being able to share games, was canned?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

Wait what?

I get that downloads can't be traded but where did it says it needs the disc?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2013, 05:39:03 pm »

No one ever said MS was good at being progressive, Zyxl. Some might even say they make stupid decisions every x version of windows. Though I'm surprised their PR is so panicked they didn't notice they could leverage their new middleground (if it even worked in the first place) as a point against the PS4, however small it is.

Also majikero: Previously you got the downloaded version with the disk. Apparently now its just a useless addition as soon as the disk is unusable.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:40:43 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2013, 05:40:48 pm »

I wonder if they're reconsidering their regional restrictions too. Because even with all that other stuff not happening now, the console is still only going to be available basically in the US and most major parts of Europe.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:44 pm »

So Poland and Portugal isn't a major part of Europe?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

If what they proposed was any different than what people thought it would be then wouldn't they wait to propose their new system before backtracking? I would have waited to see what people thought of 'the middleground' before making an announcement like this.

Somebody (frashfrash) proposed/speculated a system where MS would sort of control the used games market in a way that allowed people to sort of sell their used games in an open market type of setting almost like E-bay but digital...? I dunno, something like that might have been neat, but I don't know how it would have worked if you need to install physical copies and have the disk as well.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 19, 2013, 06:01:17 pm »

Sharing of digital distribution as though they were physical discs was the one damned thing I was looking forward to. It's the one thing physical distribution of media still holds over digital distribution.

Yes. Locking your down console tighter than Fort Knox sure was "progressive."
You are OK with Steam, yes? THAT is locked down tighter than Fort Knox. NOTHING leaves an account, with the exception of 'unopened' items, and used games are locked down FOREVER. With this being airtight that NOTHING leaves your "possession" EVER, then yeah Steam is somewhat flexible with offline mode as the DRM allows nothing to leave anyway. "Oh but Steam has insane sales". Yes they do, and I have no idea if Microsoft could or would have done the same with sales, but if you have been on Steam you'll realize what was so damned progressive.

I'm speaking as someone with a Steam backlog and ultimately a fair bit of wasted games/money that I regret. Microsoft was going to offer sharing and reselling of USED digital distribution licensees. Shared game libraries, same limitations of a physical disc with one console per game. That's never been done before.

I was actually OK with the online requirements. There's no other way they could juggle the DRM of keeping one person per license at a time on opposite ends of the Earth at any moment. This was acceptable to me. How do I know this is the reason for the "Fort Knox" connectivity requirement? The fact they shitcanned the whole thing when they dropped the connectivity requirements.

I actually WANT this model NOW on PC.

But it would need to be proven first before anyone seriously adopted it. And now it's dead.

So you're disappointed that a vague idea, which was only presented because people were angry about not being able to share games, was canned?
The terms for used games sharing was announced on June 6th, FOUR DAYS BEFORE E3.

The whole Sony's "Used games Sharing on PS4" and "XBONE YOU CANT SHARE GAMES" Etc was a bunch of Sony propaganda by NeoGaf and such.

I swear NO ONE read the actual Microsoft Statements detailing ANYTHING about it and just bought into the circle jerking.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:07:35 pm by Zyxl »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2013, 06:08:10 pm »

Suggestion: Don't buy games you don't think you'll enjoy.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 19, 2013, 06:09:49 pm »

Suggestion: Don't buy games you don't think you'll enjoy.
Correction: That I'll never get around to.
Those outnumber "Don't Enjoy"
Definition of "Backlog"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37