Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42935 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2013, 07:19:10 pm »

I already posted that same article literally two pages back.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2013, 03:52:50 pm »

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

The enraged hordes of the internet have succeeded!

Quote from: Xbox Wire
-An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

-Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

And apparently region locking is gone too, it just didn't warrant a bullet point.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2013, 04:03:45 pm »

Kinect is still there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »

Baby steps though, you know? At least there's a justification for using the Kinnect because it relates to game content. The 24-hour online check-in was purely punitive.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:30 pm »

Awesome, now we might actually have a competition this generation
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2013, 04:23:42 pm »

BACKPEDAL BACKPEDAL BACKPEDAL

I was waiting for this.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2013, 04:25:21 pm »

Much better still going to get a Ps4 just because the games series I like will be on that but it still nice.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »

-An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

-Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

I'm actually kinda sad about it. Microsoft failed so hard it was almost funny to watch. But whatever, it is certainly a good news for people who are thinking about buying a xBone. Hopefully this is only the first step to make the new xBox a real  competition for the PS4. As much as I like Sony and the PS4, one company completely dominating the market is never a good idea. Especially not for the customers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2013, 04:31:57 pm »

Especially not when that one company is not always friendly, whether or not they said otherwise. *glares at PS3 otheros shenanigans*
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »

It's not good news for me personally, as I wasn't planning on buying either one. I think it IS good news for the industry as a whole though. We get to enjoy a few more years of fair treatment before the next wave of Orwellian bullshit tries to insert itself into popular culture. MS was really banking on changing the rules of the game, and I'm glad to see they're not going to succeed in this generation.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 19, 2013, 04:34:02 pm »

Personally, I still don't think the Xbox is going to do that well. They already pissed a lot of people off, including stockholders (you should see how much Microsoft stock has dropped), and they're not backpedaling their way up that hill without a few miracles.
Nothing important here, move along.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 19, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »

Now if only they remove the unblinking eye that constantly stares at your soul.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2013, 04:51:15 pm »

I'm actually kinda sad about it. Microsoft failed so hard it was almost funny to watch. But whatever, it is certainly a good news for people who are thinking about buying a xBone. Hopefully this is only the first step to make the new xBox a real  competition for the PS4. As much as I like Sony and the PS4, one company completely dominating the market is never a good idea. Especially not for the customers.
Now I may have to eventually purchase one down the line when my gaming buddies get the XBone and say I should get in on it too. 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2013, 05:12:08 pm »

I'm honestly surprised they started backpedalling so soon. I didn't expect it to happen until closer to release.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2013, 05:22:24 pm »

Now if only they remove the unblinking eye that constantly stares at your soul.

You mean the Kinect, which Microsoft has already confirmed that you can turn off at any time?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37