Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267874 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus
« Reply #4950 on: April 17, 2015, 06:02:02 pm »

I'm going to have to pause this for a while due to real life. Friends of mine having their first kid, so on. Everything I've written has been kinda forced, so waiting until I can actually sit down and get it right would be nice. Mid-May or June, depending on all kinds of circumstances.

I'm willing to do a short/casual CYOA type thing in this universe in the meantime, if people are interested. I have one that is mostly fight and less plot, and one that's more plot driven.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: April 17, 2015, 08:53:36 pm »

Life takes precedence, as they say, it is no problem.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: April 17, 2015, 09:29:56 pm »

Also my girl's cousin is getting married shortly after my parent's 29th anniversary, which is about the time the baby is due, then the month after that I'm proposing for real and so on.

The ideas were:

Slave-gladiator. Start at level 2, kill your way to the top and steadily earn more power over your Contract until you buy it out (and then buy/murder your way into nobility)

-or-

Small-town hero receives Plot Call to retrieve the Artifact of Worldsaving with loyal but useless friend and Death Magnet mentor figure; Ringwraiths kill Devoted Adopted Parental Figure at the Homestead; etc, etc, played for laughs. (See: Eragon, Star Wars, Seven Basic Plots)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:42:41 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: April 17, 2015, 10:24:12 pm »

Grats on the proposal! Hope it goes well!

I'm personally a fan of the slave-gladiator, half to experience the combat system a bit more, half because I think not having to deal with anything seriously plot/writing heavy might be helpful for yah since it sounds like you got a lot going on.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: April 18, 2015, 01:54:40 am »

Good luck!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: April 18, 2015, 01:50:36 pm »

Well, she picked the official ring, lol. The answer has always been yes; we're just going from "unofficial engagement with a ring on" to "formal social notice."

I'm just trying to set the scene. Her best friends, my best friends, beach camping on the four years anniversary...

I'll get Slave Gladiator up soonish, then!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: May 02, 2015, 11:58:00 pm »

Bumping a little, but mostly because I had never heard this song until my parents played it, and now really really like it, especially for when Thales and Daethwin eventually end up kicking ass together. The song

It'll happen eventually. Daethwin is Legolas, Thales is Gimli. Search your heart, and you will know that it is true.

Rurail is Frodo, Jewel is Sam, and Sylvari is Faramir, of course. And Daethwin is actually more like Merry, and Thales is actually more like Boromir.

Alpha Party...well...Morgrod would be the Witch-King, perhaps?

Ross, would you be alright with it if I tried making a 'comic' out of this to practice my art? You were saying you'd wanted to make it a webcomic, and I won't be good enough for a long time to feel satisfied with it, but I'd like to try.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: June 14, 2015, 08:12:49 pm »

Is this dead now?

Hopefully not, though.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: June 15, 2015, 07:26:53 pm »

I believe Ross is just busy with his life, can't blame 'em. If it is dead though, it was a good run. I had fun playing as a rockman.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: June 15, 2015, 07:36:51 pm »

I have tried to write the scene three different ways, and it is just not coming together. I'm going to give it another crack in a few weeks. The other game I have won't be hitting full stride for a while, and this will be a great way to escape from walls of calculus.

It's not going to die, just hibernate. I have a lot of plans for this for years to come. xD

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: June 16, 2015, 07:29:15 am »

You do realize that any humans that have attempted hibernation before this point have mostly died, right?
And the rest spent some not-very-fun time in a coma.

So maybe try a vacation as opposed to a hibernation.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: July 02, 2015, 12:25:41 am »

I kinda imagine if Daethwin goes Necromance-y at all, it'll be something like this.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: July 04, 2015, 12:16:06 am »

Bump again, I suppose, but also, Ross, does 'nice' necromancy exist in this world?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: July 04, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »

It certainly does!

Medical necromancy is absolutely a thing. In certain courts, undersspecific circumstances, there's limited necromancy for post-mortem testimony, so on.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: July 05, 2015, 09:20:51 am »

But if you can revive the dead person so that they are sufficiently mentally intact to give coherent testimony, can you really then try whoever killed them for murder?
Also, if you can do that, then why bother charging anyone with murder anyway? Doesn't seem to have a point.

Unless, of course, the person's mind is being revived so a mage can pull memories or something like that. In which case, you also have problems of the mage being slanted towards one side or another and corrupting the information.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332