Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268014 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Updates
« Reply #4890 on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:18 pm »

Hmmm.

I do like the idea of Sailor, but I'm more interested in the possibility for Godhood...and with the paths building on themselves...would it be possible to do 2/3 Musical Studies and 1/3 Sailor or something like that?

I almost hope the answer is no because that makes the decisions we make more weighty and important, so even if I can I don't think I will...but it does make it rather difficult to choose. :P Nice job creating the paths, at least, since they all look so appealing.

Decided to send my goals via PM.

By the way, Lenglon, do you have everything already planned out for your character to the fine details? If you do, that's impressive. But it also just feels...not rude, per se, but...well, roleplaying is about cooperative storytelling, and when you do everything yourself so no one else has a chance to influence your character, it just feels, I dunno, like we're playing separate games/campaigns. Like everyone else is getting left out while you play by yourself or show off your character. To clarify, I'm not trying to say that's what you are doing. I don't want this to feel like an attack. I'm just asking, because maybe this is your playstyle and I'm just not used to it. I want to get things out in the open, on stuff like this(some stuff remains secret, obviously, though I've always thought of stories as journeys, not destinations, so I've never been particularly concerned with spoilers), to help keep the mood positive. I might be going about it the wrong way.

That said, obviously at this point at least we are playing separate campaigns and I might be misinterpreting, and it's none of my business anyway, really. But, I wanted to ask it anyway to try and get it off my chest before I started brooding on it or something and harsh feelings were to develop in the manner of some of the other RPGs on these forums.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: January 29, 2015, 11:16:45 pm »

Does the game end when we all achieve godhood, or do we start conquering reality?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: January 29, 2015, 11:19:33 pm »

Does the game end when we all achieve godhood, or do we start conquering reality?

...Think Dwarf Fortress, Remuthra.

There is no true end.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: January 29, 2015, 11:22:20 pm »

...Think Dwarf Fortress, Remuthra.

There is no true end.
Not true. Much like Dwarf Fortress, the game ends whenever the person running it slams their head into a wall and leaves.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:36 pm »

I did not say there was no end.

I said there was no true end.

For the best games go on into infinity, independent of their players...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: January 29, 2015, 11:27:12 pm »

* Rolepgeek casts Fractal Thread.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:15 am »

I hate to talk shit about myself, but by the time we get that far it would be AFTER the events of my book series. Or, quite possibly, it would be somewhere around Book 3 after the sacrifice of Zane and Nari's child and the city that has the bad luck to be around Zane when he snaps and murders everyone in it in response, causing a dead/depowered/Retconjurated God to revive and reascend, stealing the domain of Undeath from Mingan, Theft from Ingram, and Nature from Camille, sparking off the Third War of the Gods.

...You know, that actually sounds like the perfect spot for that quest. I don't know what Act it would be, it's certainly past Act 5. That, I'd love to see you guys running around as True Demigod Heroes slaughtering your way to victory, excepting Canon Protection of certain lands, gods, and people.

Given the nature and timing, I'd have to say that no, you can only pick one path or take the two levels and apply it as you please. Since I know what your endgoal is, I can say that I will try to make sure that the paths either lead there or provide a really nice view of the destination. :)

Edit: Some of these may apply in the future. If I know that some are only going to happen once, or increase the possible levels just for this one time, I willl et you know.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:56:16 am by Ross Vernal »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4897 on: February 03, 2015, 11:08:11 am »

Ok, so, I haven't finished catching up on OOC chat, but holy crap.

Jewel, Daethwin, and I should TOTALLY go on an ocean-trip, (if I can convince Jewel to go sailing that is..).

Heh, if that were the case, I'd probably want to go for the opposite of Daethwin- mostly sailing, perhaps some magic.
Rurail'd be curious about the scroll, and try studying it with Jewel, (perhaps whenever he practices that lifewater trick), but the vast majority of his time would be doing sailor things.
Bonus points if he picks up lockpicking basics from one of his mates.
Daethwin feel like playing 'sea-chanties'?
Jewel feel like learning to dance & being sea-sick in-between long bouts of studying? (we'd probably want to bring a big chunk o rock as research material)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:28:09 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: February 03, 2015, 04:26:41 pm »

Is putting Jewel anywhere near water a good idea?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: February 03, 2015, 04:49:52 pm »

Convincing Jewel to go sailing would be a task. Rurail could probably pull it off, but it would take some goading and assurances (and promises that he wouldn't need to go anywhere near the railings). He's hydrophobic for a very good reason after all.

You could trick him onto the water though, but he wouldn't be very fond of you once he realizes (unless you had a very good reason for it, but then he'd rather you'd just tell him the reason).

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: February 03, 2015, 05:16:27 pm »

After all, besides the obvious sinking issue, there's weathering.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: February 03, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »

"I bet you can't use that scroll to raise an island in the middle of the ocean!"

Maybe Daeth could identify the water breathing token as such, and Rurail goes "Hey, I know of some really cool underwater rock formations and caves that you'd like..."

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4902 on: February 03, 2015, 06:29:04 pm »

Would 'IT'LL BE FUN!' be a good reason?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: February 03, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »

I think you mean, "It'll be !!Fun!!".
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4904 on: February 03, 2015, 08:23:39 pm »

Hehe, yeah, especially if Daethwin gets curious about Jewel's research too. (he's resonant!)

This has to happen.
What's that? I'm the only one whose character doesn't face significant danger? Humbug, irrelevant!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:25:28 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 332