Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268461 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Trying To Make Quality Updates
« Reply #4650 on: October 18, 2014, 07:35:55 pm »

Maybe if Morgred were in the party..
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:38 am »

Hm? Why are you bemoaning the fact that you do not possess the incomparable services of Morgred? Well, in this particular instance. I know you guys are incredibly bitter over the fact that Morgrod does not work with you guys as a matter of course. :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: October 19, 2014, 08:27:15 am »

Hey, you can stay in Alpha party with your dirty heathen friends. We'll get someone else to be the best necromancer.

Hey Daeth, got a prestige class for you!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: October 19, 2014, 12:12:38 pm »

The Common Undead are going to be less of a problem when y'all are one big party.  Unless they have a more powerful master than Morgrod (or the master has more MP) it'll add to the horde.

The Major, Greater, and higher ranked will always be a threat - if y'all ran into a Nightwalker undead I'd advise you to roll new characters before we started. XD

After the family is gone, I'll be writing again.  :D

EDIT: Pretty sure I've mentioned the Abhorsen series in relation to "musical necromancy"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:14:44 pm by Ross Vernal »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: October 19, 2014, 01:42:15 pm »

Who you calling heathen?
Although, it WOULD be nice if you could take care of the zombie thing until we need him to sweep floors or something.
Or need him to raise something to support us.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: October 19, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »

Daethwin's gonna be more along the lines of divine music and dimensional portals and elementals, rather than necromancy.

That said, at a certain point it's not like he can't, especially given he's got his darker side and all...but it's more likely to be charming the earth itself into trying to kill you than singing loud enough to wake the dead.

EDIT:

Also, would a SINGING SMITE or the like with my new crystalline blade thingy work to kill that 3-HP dude? I figure it's a good conductor of magic, and if it's crystal, vibrations should work particularly well, so....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: October 20, 2014, 07:24:19 pm »

I thought your weapon had like a +4.

Basically, it's a question of who hits first, lives.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: October 22, 2014, 03:22:07 pm »

That took entirely too long.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: October 22, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »

So, should we try to mop up, or regroup?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4659 on: October 22, 2014, 06:08:53 pm »

Well, I don't think we have the opportunity to regroup quite yet- we're still right in the melee. Daethwin could jump down, but he'll still face the dice.

Darn, too close for imbuements. Was hoping we'd have a couple seconds' respite.
Plus Daethwin got interrupted, so no more healing next round.

Myral, I think you're at..12/36 hp? I'm at 17/32.
I'm thinking I try to aggro the wounded servitor between us while you ready a quicknclose spell? I've got that jumpy-accelerator feat, so I should be able to dodge at the last second, and if I get lucky and nail the servitor while I'm aggroing him you might be able to direct the magic at the full-health gas spewer that was in the back.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: October 22, 2014, 08:00:59 pm »

((awaiting alpha's turn))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: October 22, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

Player hat: kill the weak first, then HAMMER the healthy one with the biggest magic you can do at a moment's notice.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: October 23, 2014, 07:26:01 am »

This isn't the search bar...
Black lives matter.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: October 23, 2014, 10:42:25 am »

Does this mean "Requesting action scene for Alpha" ?

By the encounter roll,  it'd mean a double encounter...  Hmm. Sky pirates.  You're looking at  two low-level mooks and a seventh level fighter, as well as an 8th level Blood Mage/Priest with a 6th level Mage and two healers, of 4th level. One of the enemies would be some sort of prestige alternate race.

To be fair, their levels are due to the party level and accompanying NPC's.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: October 23, 2014, 05:52:45 pm »

Myral, I think you're at..12/36 hp? I'm at 17/32.
I'm thinking I try to aggro the wounded servitor between us while you ready a quicknclose spell? I've got that jumpy-accelerator feat, so I should be able to dodge at the last second, and if I get lucky and nail the servitor while I'm aggroing him you might be able to direct the magic at the full-health gas spewer that was in the back.

I can give it a shot. Don't expect anything fancy magical wise from Jewel though, any magic he knows is utilitarian to a "t," I don't see him fancying magic enough to actually put much effort into learning fancy or powerful stuff. He's more of a hands on kinda guy who likes the thrill of a rush, after all.

So what I'm basically thinking is a rushed rough enchant (which I suppose would be more shoving mana into his weapon with accompanying chants and motions and hoping it sticks) or throwing what I could best describe as a close-range buckshot of energy. The few seconds you buy Jewel may be enough for the enchant, but the "magical buckshot" approach could work too. I'm fair with either. Truly, a true mage who witnesses what's about to go down would weep for the piss poor management of energy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:54:23 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 332