Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268644 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 82,018 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4545 on: September 21, 2014, 07:56:14 pm »

How are you gonna have NO corners?!?!!?!?!?
You'll end up with either A. One big, open belowdecks section, with all of the problems compartmentalizing prevents, or B. A series of non-inter-connecting hallways running either length- or breadth-wise along/across the ship....with a whole crap ton MORE problems resulting from that.

Oh, and, I must ask.
Ross, what do you think about telekinetic disintegration of enemies? Personally, I find the idea pretty amusing.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 82,018 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4546 on: September 21, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

No corners is actually pretty easy. Just use curves for everything.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: September 21, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »

Intersections between two hallways that only allow you to go down said two hallways with rounded edges have, technically, no edges, because an edge is defined as the spot where two faces meet and rounded objects have only one face.
There's the problem of where the floor and wall meet, but that can be solved with more roundness.
Black lives matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: September 21, 2014, 08:02:19 pm »

So, people on this ship would be living in tube land.

Seems an appropriately dwarfy idea. Somebody go build this in fortress mode! Build it in the sky, and when you see what a TERRIBLE idea it actually is, cave-in the whole thing, killing all the stockpiled sieges at the bottom.
But first, tick off the elves so they send lots of sky-ship fodder.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: September 21, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »

How are you gonna have NO corners?!?!!?!?!?
You'll end up with either A. One big, open belowdecks section, with all of the problems compartmentalizing prevents, or B. A series of non-inter-connecting hallways running either length- or breadth-wise along/across the ship....with a whole crap ton MORE problems resulting from that.

Oh, and, I must ask.
Ross, what do you think about telekinetic disintegration of enemies? Personally, I find the idea pretty amusing.

I already said. Look at anttunnels and you might have an idea. Everything, in this case, would be rounded enough that it wouldn't have corners.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: September 21, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »

But Role, if you remove all of the corners how will hooded plot dispensers retain their livelihoods without shadowed corners to skulk?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: September 21, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

He'll have to hide several inches farther back than he intended.
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: September 21, 2014, 08:41:14 pm »

But Role, if you remove all of the corners how will hooded plot dispensers retain their livelihoods without shadowed corners to skulk?

They can take their damned overseas business overseas!

Don't need no goshdamned illegal emmigrants trying to assassinate me princesses.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: September 22, 2014, 04:21:14 am »

Oh, and, I must ask.
Madman, if you do that he'll bring in mages who can kill us from kilometres away - just to give us a challenge. Trust me, you'll get one fight using that before he utterly crushes you. Case in point - we had one fight that went pretty damn well on our part, completely destroyed the enemy. The next fight the gods got summoned. Please, please, please don't ramp up the power levels too much. I'd like to gain some levels before we start fighting the heavy hitters in this world.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:58 am »

It's like how prototyping in Homestuck affects the powers on the queens' rings.
Black lives matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: September 22, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »

Lol.
Yeah, I wasn't planning to disintegrate people anywhere near level 1--the way I see it, each level improves "concentration", and better concentration = better control over materials = more diverse and interesting ways to kill things and change things.
Level one is definitely nowhere near shredding someone on a molecular or even an atomic level, which are pretty much the same thing, except an atomic level sounds WAY cooler.

But, if he brings in mages that kill US from a kilometer away, can't we bring in powers that kill them from an equal distance?
Because if we can't, we're doomed the next time does something stupid.

Note to self: Nothing powerful for a few levels few dozen levels.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:02 pm »

Eh.

I'm just gonna be summoning Sound Elementals during the siege.

Should be fun.

Can't really figure out what Daeth should do right now, though...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: September 22, 2014, 07:38:22 pm »

Siege? Oh right, you're Beta.
I like how we have four days to get to an apocalypse (Yeah, I'll take a PASS on that field trip) and we're kinda just standing around talking. Clearly, Beta is making better use of time xD
Good thing this isn't in real time-we'd already have lost, lol.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:02:29 pm by Madman198237 »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: September 22, 2014, 10:06:17 pm »

Can't really figure out what Daeth should do right now, though...

I think all of their summoners are gone, so we don't need to worry about counter spelling.

A boon on us or bane on the enemies is never a wrong action.

Jewel is trying to cow the remaining wraiths into a smaller/disadvantageous area and swipe at any that get close/within range, Rurail is aiding Jewel, and Thales is finishing off the one he has pinned at the moment. I don't doubt Sylvari, when he realizes he's still alive, will probably charge in swinging.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:01 am »

To be fair, I didn't intend for the gods to be summoned. My idea was to make it challenging by making so me people unable to be killed without Consequences.

The dice had other ideas, and things just sort of massively escalated.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 332