Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268675 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 27930 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4500 on: September 17, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »

There are a few supplemental rules for this game (and all games).

They are the rules of Cool, Awesome, and Funny: if something is cool, awesome, or funny enough, it is an automatic success.

I would file this general circumstance as the Rule of Comedic Sociopathy. If your characters weren't cheerfully violent with each other on a regular basis, I would worry about what exactly they were plotting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:18:27 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 27930 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4501 on: September 18, 2014, 08:26:29 am »

70944 acres. 111  square miles.

Half the size of San Francisco.

https://mapsengine.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zdKyl7kg4VB4.kzoGHac5DqbE
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:10:08 am by Ross Vernal »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 70944 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4502 on: September 18, 2014, 10:47:23 am »

Zooming out puts it in-perspective.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 70944 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4503 on: September 18, 2014, 02:11:41 pm »

Confirmed arson.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/eldorado-hills/2014/09/18/suspect-held-in-king-fire-arson/15831485/

10 million in Bail.

Charge the little fucker with terrorism. Sorry not sorry.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 70944 Acre Arson, 5% Contain
« Reply #4504 on: September 18, 2014, 03:13:13 pm »

This, friends, is the definition and proper use of Jerkass.
Black lives matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 70944 Acre Arson, 5% Contain
« Reply #4505 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »

Wow. I must agree with Bowtie-if this guy did it, he deserves a nice life sentence.
Starting a 111 square mile forest fire that is directly threatening homes and has at least seriously injured emergency personnel?
This guy must be insane, stupid, or, more likely, both.

Oh, and, Grizzly, even if the hit DOESN'T connect, my character would most likely still give some sort of half-meant apology. Just because he tried to blast him with what amounts to pressurized air.

EDIT:
Holy crap.
I just spared a second to look at that Google map--if you zoom out to the point where you can see both the fire and most of California, including lots of the Pacific coast, you get a real idea of just how big this fire is.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:21:52 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:45 pm »

My guess is the little fucker didn't think it would get that big.

Shows what he knows.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 73814 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4507 on: September 18, 2014, 08:56:29 pm »

Fire size update.

Tankers are on their final runs.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 73814 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4508 on: September 18, 2014, 10:51:24 pm »

Ha, Lionan must have some self-assurrance or some serious hate to dislike liches openly (if it's genuine dislike). They're kinda mainstream, got their greater-god Mingan doing his busnuss. Aside from just the individuals' powers, I imagine Mingan wouldn't like having one of his aspects disrespected so- 'tis smite-bait, even if Mingan isn't particularly prideful, without protection it's bound to get Lionan in trouble eventually.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: September 18, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

70944 acres. 111  square miles.

Half the size of San Francisco.

https://mapsengine.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zdKyl7kg4VB4.kzoGHac5DqbE
Ha, it looks like a penis.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4510 on: September 19, 2014, 04:42:04 am »

Wait a sec, did Lionan say that or are those thoughts?
Badges of honor

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: September 19, 2014, 04:53:39 am »

Wait a sec, did Lionan say that or are those thoughts?
I've been assuming those are thoughts.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4512 on: September 19, 2014, 05:42:57 am »

>.> colored text's fer talking.
Badges of honor

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: September 19, 2014, 05:44:40 am »

>.> colored text's fer talking.
shur et ain't quotation marks fer dat?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: September 19, 2014, 06:20:52 am »

Before I respond, what kind of mood is the music trying to evoke?
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 332