Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268815 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Updated
« Reply #4410 on: September 14, 2014, 02:42:37 pm »

Hey Ross, do you give out bonus XP in the "towards inventing sign language to circumvent curses" category for carrying out well-nigh impossible conversations with characters that are effectively mute and with attributes that make you effectively blind to their movements and intentions?

Yeah... I'm gonna go put myself in the mindset of a horribly confused warrior who got himself in a conversation with someone who can't ACTUALLY speak...and try not to fail too badly interpreting Lenglon's gestures. ----Wait, wouldn't your gesturing fall under the category of "intentional communication"?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: September 14, 2014, 02:45:43 pm »

I think what's being listed there is the time until we level up, based on how much XP Ross will be giving out.

This.

And yes, megabuffs. I kinda forgot about the Fire Giants with you, actually. Whoops. Still going to be tough.

I think thatthis wo uld account for some, yes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: September 14, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »

Yeah... I'm gonna go put myself in the mindset of a horribly confused warrior who got himself in a conversation with someone who can't ACTUALLY speak...and try not to fail too badly interpreting Lelia's gestures. ----Wait, wouldn't your gesturing fall under the category of "intentional communication"?
fixed and answered earlier.
Really depends on the exact means that it scrambles things.
it blocks/scrambles/confuses/whatevers language. body language/pantomime are exceptions because they aren't actual languages in the same sense as English/Spanish/Japanese/Tagalog are. the other exception is she is allowed to understand herself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:51:28 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: September 14, 2014, 03:04:27 pm »

Ross, that was completely comic. Comedy and nothing else. Didn't the name of the XP "category" even make you raise an eyebrow??? Not even ONCE? Or are you just being sarcastic back?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: September 14, 2014, 03:08:36 pm »

Ross, that was completely comic. Comedy and nothing else. Didn't the name of the XP "category" even make you raise an eyebrow??? Not even ONCE? Or are you just being sarcastic back?
That was a serious question, mate. You'd need to be more ridiculous to outwit this campaign like that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: September 14, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »

madman, just react honestly to the gestures, if you can't understand them, then just say so. If you guess and guess wrong, then that's fine too. If you guess right, that's great also.

seriously, just go ahead and react.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: September 14, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »

Ouch. That was about as ridiculous as an explanation I could give for my current situation, and you don't think it meets the grade?
Who knows. Maybe Ross is less jaded than you are.

But I must ask...just when do we leave "serious" and reach "moderately comic in nature"?

Oh, and, Lenglon, I'm doing that. Slowly, with much doing-of-other-things in between 1-second attempts at working my reply. Yeah, I'm not even a bit focused right now.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: September 14, 2014, 03:21:22 pm »

This game's like 40k. It's very serious until you step back and think about it :P.

With that in mind, I second Lenglon. Just play things as they go and try to work in-character.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: September 14, 2014, 03:22:34 pm »

I am doing that as best I can, although, it is becoming an interesting exercise of self-denial of knowledge that you already possess. In other words, I have to work to leave what I already know out of the conversation/my character's action.
Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:27:54 pm by Madman198237 »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4419 on: September 14, 2014, 04:26:40 pm »

Hey, thanks for dropping by UR.
Best of luck, hope to see you in a game in the future.

-e
Here, lower-level/less experienced/younger version of the ranger NPC.
OOC note: Donlir is best kept in the field, collecting intel and reporting back only to go right back out again. Sometimes he comes back with one fewer subordinate, but it somehow tends to be the bad apple...

As for why he joined the adventurers, He's snuck away from his master/father-figure to test his skills. The guy's been holding him back, it's time to get some real-world experience. And everyone knows adventurers get a lot of experience.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:52:23 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: September 14, 2014, 05:10:03 pm »

With that in mind, I second Lenglon. Just play things as they go and try to work in-character.

Very much agreed here. I'd of missed out the hilarity of Jewel hearing everything Thales first said to him as a come on if it wasn't for In-Char and just going with the flow of the character.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4421 on: September 14, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

Heh, tried to emulate Myral's character concepts. Better?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: September 14, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »

Hey, Grizzly, I think that you mean "regimens" not "regiments" on that character sheet.
A regimen is a schedule or program, as in a series of planned events.
A regiment is a military unit, of large size.

This has been your daily military geek correction. Thank you! ;)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: September 14, 2014, 07:40:26 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet, finally! (click to show/hide)

Please tell me I did this right.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:05:45 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: September 14, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »

Don't you have 7 virtue points but only 6 flaw ones?
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 332