Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268563 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

There is nothing specific in the fountain aside from an effectively infinite source of Life Water. I'd encourage everyone to dump whatever water you have just to collect this stuff.

I recall that I suggested a Holy Sword for Thales.  I dunno, you can always take 10 and shove it into a Ring of Greater Invulnerability and...  I dunno, an Ocarina of 50 MP.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Hm.
Can't think of anything in particular I'd want out of a shield.
Perhaps transmog, so I could use it as good arrow/spell cover but once I get into melee it shrinks down to be useable with a halberd.
Or even stays ruberized, for instance being anchored on both the upper & lower arm but bending at the elbow because magic. With that it's just a matter of precise shape to allow full or close-to-full range of motion.
Could be a glorified plate manica.
Otherwise just soak & anti-degrade, focusing on elemental/piercing soak. Can't recall any other pertinent enchants.

Let's see gizmos...
+perception
Underwater drag reduction
ring of water, (mp->water), to counteract voice problems
communicator watches because reasons
--Lamo version: a really loud horn
Lesser mindread, (animals? combines with body language)
+hobby skill tools
Protection from poison, mind domination, less-common-but-nasty status effects
ring of troll regen is always nice

But the question is what would the red clan stockpile?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:33:23 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Sentient shield, with pretty much what you suggested. Maybe a healing effect or Lesser Regeneration?

That way, it automatically resizes itself. Maybe a "return"  Spell?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Ooh return sounds nice. Trading the bleeding edge of soak points for lesser regen/healing also sounds good. Auto-transmog certainly makes it more legendary than manual.

What did we decide as to who would drawup/play sapient items?
(heh, that'd be dangerous on an item with transmog capabilities)

hoho, another question:
Questions for DM:
-When I eventually get a Hand of Power (assuming I live that long), how long do I have to do the sacrifice before it goes away? Because I'd really like a Hand of Power.
-Does the sacrifice in question have to involve blood or is it simply killing someone?
-Woukd cutting off an appendage be enough to qualify?

It always requires a sacrifice of a life. Preferably, a sentient, sapient life. Bonus points if you use the Hand to make the kill. No kill = no Hand. Faeries are not nice. Even the kind ones are scheming murderous bastards whose grasp on morality is akin to <political figure of your choice>'s grasp on morality/legality, only more so.
Would a sapient object count as a life?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:53:01 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I recall that I suggested a Holy Sword for Thales.  I dunno, you can always take 10 and shove it into a Ring of Greater Invulnerability and...  I dunno, an Ocarina of 50 MP.
Yeah, I'd like a holy relic sword of Arnum with my extra +10, emphasizing smiting capability.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Gaaah I better go with the pick then. Its too good to pass up.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

How many tiers of enchanting would an Everfull Flask/Wineskin cost? Like, as long as there's some small amount of the liquid left in it, it will refill with that same liquid? >:D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Depends on how fast it charges.

I mean, I am not in a hurry for you to have infinite molten gold...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If something was acidic or molten, it would probably ruin the flask/wineskin or whatever, by destroying it/lighting it on fire/etc.

But I'm thinking either a minute to fill itself or an hour.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I think that the more valuable it is, the longer it takes to recharge. Plain water, most of the time, is like a minute. Standard heal potion, I'd think a half day. MP, 13 or 14 hours.

I'll say about a 10 given that you could manufacture Greater Invulnerability potions at the rate of about 4 per month without any cost.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

That sounds like a potentially lucrative business venture.
Badges of honor

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

How long a recharge would ichor take?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh.

Not worth it.

I just wanted it for infinite source of Water of Life, especially since we're in a desert.

Also I don't actually know what Greater Invulnerability does, in all honesty.

Time to find the page that lists what a tier of enchanting is and see what other magical gadgets seem interesting...

What's the point of anti-degrade, by the way? It's such a small bonus it doesn't seem like it's worth it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm...ugh, I'm terrible at these things. So many choices I can think of that I can't even look at the individual ones. I get lost in the forest so I can't see the trees to cut to make my boat. >.< ARGH

Something artifact-ish would be cool. Maybe a sentient instrument. Or something related to the Harmony so I can have some excuse to get Seer levels. An instrument that gives him suggestive powers over the people that hear it? A Rod of Power shaped like a microphone? Something instrinsically entwined with magic, perhaps, so different tunes have different effects upon me/magic in the area(TrueSight for the win), something where each different note can rip open a portal to a different dimension, a Bag of Holding, I can go on and on and still not know...

EDIT: To Jewel: You might consider something to let you breathe underwater. Just sayin'.

Also I know this is a doublepost my apologies I wasn't thinking at the time
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

But the weapon.

But fine, how many bonuses would be eaten by some sort of rebreather?
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 332