Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268560 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

We're gearing up. Got to get hoes of destruction all around.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I'll try to remember who your characters are first.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I'll try to remember who your characters are first.
Let's see. Other Xan has the rockman, I have the evangelist angel, Rolep has the sensible bard character, Grizzly has the fishman, and I think there's a barbarian running around or something as well, but that guy doesn't really say or do anything.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh right. That was Smurfington, right?
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Yep.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One second.
Sig! Onol

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Could I get rolls/sheets for a +15, +10, & +5 shield, plus some more for a few utility/magical trinkets/oddities of the same levels (+15, +10, +5)?

Anything interesting in the fountain-pit? Perhaps glowing eyes in the dark or easily-discernable figures?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:45:11 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking it may be wise to collect our gear before (or if) we continue to fiddle with the fountain, no doubt its further trapped for those that get greedy.

As for what I wish:
I can see a war pick. As far as material, I don't know, but +5 and heavy. Instead of much damage, I'd think... oh,  +3, 40 MP, Anchor, Concussion, and Ruin effects. Anchor so as to help win the physics equation versus moving targets,  Concussion to send force directly through armor (and possibly liquefy/rupture internal organs), and Ruin to outright break enemy armor/weapons.  At 5 to 10 MP a pop, that's a lot of wreckage.

This is a glorious weapon that must be mine. I'm not sure how much +'s it eats though, but if there is any left I'll be taking a good shield. A good shield with a focus on avoidance of magic and being good as an off weapon to keep the opponent off balance. Nothing quite ruins balance as a shield that keeps getting smashed against you.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Nothing quite ruins balance as a shield that keeps getting smashed against you.
A hammer that keeps getting smashed against you?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's for when their balance is off and they can't properly defend against it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

See, I kinda want to design my item(s), but Ross has his own compendium of spells and knows what ones go well together and I feel like I'll just be flailing about while he giggles at my failure.

STOP LAUGHING AT ME ROSS

STOP IT

AGHHHHH
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, although you could try to establish what you wish it to do and see if Ross can make something similar enough.

Like so:

The shield Jewel would be looking for would be a decently sized one but that can be easy to maneuver and suited to bash sufficiently against an opponent (most likely his opponent's own weapon or shield to knock it out of the way for a follow up). Something that would help keep bashing weapons away as well as the more harmful of magics would also be wanted, due to him knowing his weakness in dealing with such areas.

Basically decent defensive bonuses (focus on bashing/bludgeoning and magic) with also a slight helping to disarming or opponent manipulation instead of damage, as its more meant to make openings.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, something to go with the Orichalcum Glassblade might be nice. But really the thing is, beyond magic enhancement, I'm really just not sure what Daethwin could use. Maybe a mask that could change his appearance to whatever he wished? An amulet to help him resist and overpower enemy magic-users? Something does things related to his method of magic/fighting? (disabling/crowd control, illusions, 'mind control'(you cannot resist the urge to dance, mwhahahah), etc.)

But who knows. Maybe an Essence of Yew Viola or something would be better.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, right, Jewel never got around to explaining Orichlacum to Daeth, did he? I can't remember.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Be creative, and I will try to make how you like.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bells_(Old_Kingdom_Series)

As far as the shield, I can suggest Mage Shield, a lot of MP... I will think about it.

The warpick is a  +15 item.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 332