Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268628 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

The scales 'open things'.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

...Both the shadows and the scales deal with opening things, the shadows because of magic Daeth saw and the scales because the blue elder saw. The scales seem to fall more in line with the 'fifty percent' thing because a normal scale only has two platforms to balance things. If this scale has two platforms, one unused, then changes are it has something to do with that. If it only has one platform, I'm thinking its best to look at the rest of the scale or the darkness.

The darkness is effected by the light, but not in a way that is logical.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

But the shadows are dependent on the torches, which have already been utilized.
Perhaps the beads go on the pressure plate, but that doesn't explain the 'turning' bit.

Heh, I wonder if blue'll appreciate our fondling of his artifact-scale.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:21:48 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I will type up an actual reply soon, but practical information:

Jewel will notice the scale and the pressure plate are not only the same kind of rock, but the same. Further, its proportions are nearly an exact fit for the chamber.

Thales would detect undead through magic and by seeing a hand physically start to emerge. Before much longer, more are coming.

Rurail will note that the water feels especially fresh and pleasant. Possibly worth bottling some, in fact.

Everyone else, the shadows sure are shadows.

Everyone made save; no damage from mist. Next round, it's calculated as an area of effect attack; the following, a full AoE and the enemies come out to play.

You all definitely notice in smells like cigarette smoke, grave dirt, Los Angeles, and stale death. Breathing is going to be an issue soon, but less soon than the Death Servitors come out to play.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

I think we're going to cut it close.
Badges of honor

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I think we'll be fine. I'll try and smite the hand now.

Which brings up a question. If standard-issue good clerics can smite undead, can clerics of Arnum smite liars?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Undead aren't evil, first off. I don't know about Ross' world, but he strikes me as the more reasonable sort, where undead are tools, they just happen to be tools typically used by socio/psychopathic murderers with delusions of grandeur.

So the reasoning doesn't follow. Besides which, there's the whole forbidden knowledge thing. Pretty sure that lying isn't actually explicitly a terrible thing to do according to Arnum.

Thirdly, you're not actually a cleric!

Fourth, it's turning, not smiting.

Fifth, I'm pretty sure Thales can smite whoever he wants anyway, regardless of all of the above points.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:19:50 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Was referring more to Paladins, really, and their inborn generic hatred of the undead :P.

And you dare call the one true follower of Arnum, the one true god of truth, unworthy of cleric status?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regardless of whether you fill the role of Cleric or not, you
A. are too violent to be a cleric of a non-violent god,
B. have no cleric levels
C. aren't the one true follower, others follow him too ya know and truth in all things is subjective, but particularly religion, and also
D. are being influenced by demons/evil gods.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Regardless of whether you fill the role of Cleric or not, you
A. are too violent to be a cleric of a non-violent god,
B. have no cleric levels
C. aren't the one true follower, others follow him too ya know and truth in all things is subjective, but particularly religion, and also
D. are being influenced by demons/evil gods.
A. I'm a pacifist, the enemy just keeps trying to sacrifice themselves on my sword.
B. I have Fanatic levels. That's like being a cleric, only more faithful.
C. They're not real followers, because they don't accept my denomination.
D. Those are vile rumors spread by foul heretics who must be purged.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where's my 'Wrong' button?

And where's my tazer for when I press it and Thales volunteers me for sacrifice?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Where's my 'Wrong' button?

And where's my tazer for when I press it and Thales volunteers me for sacrifice?
You can't call him wrong, because he's the avenger of the truth god, so he must be right.

Some elf stole your taser and used it on Thales already, and it exploded and killed him.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See, doing something in the name of a cause doesn't mean you're actually true to that cause's principles.

Otherwise, Thales wouldn't be trying to silence everyone all the time just for trying to speak the truth.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

They're not telling the truth, they're dirty heretics and any relation to actual facts is mere chance.

As a side note, you're really the one and only party member Thales hates now, since he's stopped crusading at the moment.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Oh hey guys, happy anniversary(-ish)! :D
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 332