Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268600 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Rough guide.  XD

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Perhaps not- do forcibly-soul-broken people have less control over what they do with it?

In general, yes.  If they are lucky and/or sufficiently prepared, slightly less of a yes. If they are a Wizard, Defender of the Faith,  Elder Mage, etc,  you're much better off just stabbing them and hoping they die before nuking you and the surrounding miles.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Hmm.  Jewel.

I can see a war pick. As far as material, I don't know, but +5 and heavy. Instead of much damage, I'd think... oh,  +3, 40 MP, Anchor, Concussion, and Ruin effects. Anchor so as to help win the physics equation versus moving targets,  Concussion to send force directly through armor (and possibly liquefy/rupture internal organs), and Ruin to outright break enemy armor/weapons.  At 5 to 10 MP a pop, that's a lot of wreckage.

I'll think of more.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

That enchantment on just about anything sounds like it would wreck face.

I like gizmos. Any magical gizmos in there?
If not, probably a shield.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Hmmm...what would four to five tier of sentience get me?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

It would speak, and have spells of different tiers depending on intelligence and power.

1 3rd or 3 2nd, so on.  Or 1 4th or 1 3rd and 1 2nd, so on.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What defines it's power/intelligence?

Would seven to nine tiers get something different?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Hmm.  Jewel.

I can see a war pick. As far as material, I don't know, but +5 and heavy. Instead of much damage, I'd think... oh,  +3, 40 MP, Anchor, Concussion, and Ruin effects. Anchor so as to help win the physics equation versus moving targets,  Concussion to send force directly through armor (and possibly liquefy/rupture internal organs), and Ruin to outright break enemy armor/weapons.  At 5 to 10 MP a pop, that's a lot of wreckage.

I'll think of more.

Oh god I wanted a shield or something to help against mages but now I really don't know. Oh man.

On one hand, Jewel would at first probably see it as a piddly weapon because "not bludgeoning" and warpicks aren't (typically) made hardy/thick enough to actually be used against stone, but these enchantments fully turn it into a full blown Jewel Approved beat stick.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have a weapon with anti-magic spells imbedded in it. Even better if you make it sentient with it's designed purpose being to slay magic-users and/or protect from magic-users. Auto-counterspells, aww yeah.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You really want a sentient weapon, don'tcha? Heh, I'd suggest upping it to Sapient so it doesn't do something funky though. Wisdom is nice.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Hammer on one end, pick on the other.

Yes, mere power. Greater spells, higher stats, more spells. More intelligence. It goes up to 10, which is about artifact level itself. Obviously,  at that point,  it might get a notion to change your personality to its priorities.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, oh, a horseman's pick, perfect. I'm A-Okay with the signature weapon of the Winged Hussars.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would you say is a good sentience level in a +15 Item, if I were to make to sentient?

EDIT: Wisdom is for people who don't have Charisma. :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its also for people (objects in this case) who like to be able to make actions with at least some judgement. Its the difference between trying to douse fire with gasoline or water.

Charisma I would consider a bad thing on an object though, in my opinion. Too apt to want to force you to do their thing.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Max it, write a supporting character sheet, and list spells. Pick the master spell, two greater, three common, 8 lesser /minor. I'd go for brains and wisdom for Max MP.

Assume it has an effective level of 6 as a weapon. Then, include it in writing.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 332